Premier League Thread 2017/18 v66: Give it Giggseh till end of 2022

Will EOW (miss you xoxo) be happy with Giggseh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short term we have to assume he's replacing Mata & that Mou is counting on Alexis to contribute around 18 goals & 10 assists per season.

Which is 10 goals & a handful more assists each year more than Juan's contributed for Utd in the 3 seasons he played over 2000mins for you. Which on the surface seems achievable. So to a windowlicking fan they'll see "he scores double, pay him double, simples!"

He's certainly a better finisher, but that's in his preferred position.
He loses possession an awful lot more than Mata/Mhki & you haven't a very high quality of ball retriever in midfield behind him. Certainly not at the level of Pool, Spurs & City. Or Chelsea as well, tbh.
He never gave Giroud any service. You cant bury headers from his little lobs.
He runs out of ideas so often & panics, which leads to him spamming useless shots at defenders legs.

Paying that much coin & playing him in his 3rd best position is quite a big risk, imo.

Agree.

I assume financially it isn't really a direct problem for the club, but the knock on effect could cause problems down the line.

Last edited:
Short term we have to assume he's replacing Mata & that Mou is counting on Alexis to contribute around 18 goals & 10 assists per season.

Which is 10 goals & a handful more assists each year more than Juan's contributed for Utd in the 3 seasons he played over 2000mins for you. Which on the surface seems achievable. So to a windowlicking fan they'll see "he scores double, pay him double, simples!"

He's certainly a better finisher, but that's in his preferred position.
He loses possession an awful lot more than Mata/Mhki & you haven't a very high quality of ball retriever in midfield behind him. Certainly not at the level of Pool, Spurs & City. Or Chelsea as well, tbh.
He never gave Giroud any service. You cant bury headers from his little lobs.
He runs out of ideas so often & panics, which leads to him spamming useless shots at defenders legs.

Paying that much coin & playing him in his 3rd best position is quite a big risk, imo.

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

He's still got 8 goals (IIRC) and a fair few assists. Not bad form for a wide player. Add to that, he's mostly been training alone (apart from the bit for the press) and was really gutted that the City move didn't go through, you'd imagine that he'd kick on with a change of scenery.

Obviously, I hope he doesn't and he breaks new records for turnovers for you lot.

I meant relatively, of course. Having gambled on him in FF, believe me I know!

Compare his g/a to Martial, for example, this season, he doesn't stand out.....and I don't think Martial has been any better than 7.5/10 either.

Obviously there's a lot of factors that could effect how well he has done and will do in the future.

Ate too much
Cocktails hella strong

Supposed to go to my mums tonight I cba

291397.jpg

Ate too much
Cocktails hella strong

Supposed to go to my mums tonight I cba

my mum rang me a few days ago

i went

FUCK OFF.

and hung up.

it's fine now doe lel

To summarise how tipsy I am at 4pm I nearly fell into some fellas lAp on the train I need a nap ffs

I just look at Valencia & Herrera over on right & think, fuck, thats a clumsy looking flank with Sanchez up in front of them. Certainly not deep stages of CL level.

He'll crush enough cans for Utd fans to fight off their mates at the water cooler tho. Just like he did for Arsenal.

@Twelve75

I watched the first of the new Chappelle specials. Loved it. Wife didn;t quite enjoy it as much as me, but meh.

Now I know why the Trump fans are getting so annoyed. Good though, what did you expect politics to be off the menu and for Dave to like Trump?

Prem family

Which match should I go to?

Arsenal v City at Emirates or United v Chelsea at Old Trafford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back