President Trump: I wouldn't have appointed Sessions if I knew he'd recuse himself on Russia

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

"Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else," Trump said.

"How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said 'thanks, Jeff, but I'm not going to take you," he continued. "It's extremely unfair - and that's a mild word - to the president."

Also, goes into Mueller and says he felt Comey was holding dossier over him.

Basically he wanted the AG to cover his ass on this. This is he could fire Sessions tomorrow, hire a new AG, and that AG could fire Mueller etc.

Also does he admit the Brit dossier is fact? I mean if Comey told him to hold it over him to keep his job - isn't the fact that Trump saw it as a threat mean that parts of it must in fact be true? If there was nothing to it than it would be shitty blackmailing tool.

This might be my favorite part -
Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” He would not say what he would do about it. “I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia.”
And Bill's office blowie was uncovered by the Whitewater investigation. The investigation follows any illegality it finds over the course of the initial investigation. And Trump and family finances will certainly be fair game in the initial Russia investigation because they'll look for potential bribery and pay-offs.

Also given he'd never have hired Sessions - what does that say about his current choice for FBI? Is he choosing him because he's going to cover for Trump? Is that what Trump expect from all his appointees? Complete loyalty? Isn;'t that what Comey charged and Rodgers and Coats chose not to answer about?

Last edited:
He should just

giphy.gif

then.

Trump warns Mueller! No doubt a ploy taken from Putin's playbook!

“I’m not under investigation. For what? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

true. trump's a good boy

“I’m not under investigation. For what? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

true. trump's a good boy

turns out he wasnt under FBI investigation the whole time he was accused of it

(hope someone sceencaps my posts in case theyre dumped)

So how does sessions go to work knowing this? Or this so normal now sessions just goes on with no self respect?

"Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” "

Is this "Trump warned Mueller"? I thought he threatened him. He answered a question in an interview.
Typical 'not lying but let's make it sound as sinister as somehow possible'. He didn't "warn Mueller", he answered a question in an interview with the NYT.

"Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” "

Is this "Trump warned Mueller"? I thought he threatened him. He answered a question in an interview.
Typical 'not lying but let's make it sound as sinister as somehow possible'. He didn't "warn Mueller", he answered a question in an interview with the NYT.

He shouldn't be talking about red lines at all with Mueller. What is he saying will happen WHEN Mueller looks into Trump Family finances? Will Trump fire him if he does? What is he saying will happen?

How can Sessions not resign after this public criticism/humiliation?

He shouldn't be talking about red lines at all with Mueller.
The reporter asked the question if Trump thinks it crosses a red line. The headline makes it sound like Trump was talking to Mueller and threatened him.

The reporter asked the question if Trump thinks it crosses a red line. The headline makes it sound like Trump was talking to Mueller and threatened him.

Trump is the president and his words carry extraordinary weight. He doesn't have to warn anyone directly. He knew that he could do it with that question.

And he answered it by declaring there would be one - that is a threat. The correct answer would be he will not comment on open investigations in any way.

Mueller served as a Marine Corps officer during the Vietnam War, receiving the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V" for heroism and the Purple Heart Medal! Mueller doesn't fear draft dodgers like Donald Trump! If Trump wants a war, Mueller will give him hell!

I see this as a fair "fake news" point.

It's not the kind of argument Trump supporters have been making as of late.

Neon Sign that says, hey, Mueller, if you haven't looked into my finances do it now!

The plot continues to thicken.
We've gone from soup to stew consistency imo.

Mueller served as a Marine Corps officer during the Vietnam War, receiving the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V" for heroism and the Purple Heart Medal! Mueller doesn't fear draft dodgers like Donald Trump! If Trump wants a war, Mueller will give him hell!

the bottomline is Trump caused all of his problems himself.

if he had just fired all of the political DOJ appointees, and Comey on January 20, none of this would be happening.

Neon Sign that says, hey, Mueller, if you haven't looked into my finances do it now!
Thing is they certainly would look at all the Trump WH/Campaign connected family members finances. They're looking potentially for bribes and pay-offs. And once they start down the Trump family finances rabbit hole, well they don't look the other way if they find illegalities not in any way connected to Russian Campaign/Election issue any more than a police officer investigating a noise complaint looks the other way when they stumble upon your massive grow op.

Back