Press conference Jon looks very nervous and changes his tone..

As a side note, people have pointed out that Jones is exhibiting signs of rapid aging, particularly his graying hairs and sunken eyes caused by fluid dysregulation /autonomic dysfunction.

Beneil Dariush is graying, yet he seems to be at his peak.

As others have said, 3 years is a looooong time.
The guy also has endless personal issues and knows the UFC, or at least his position and reputation with it, has helped him take care of those. Also I wouldn't be surprised if there's money issues with him. All of which means this is kind of make or break for him. So I'd be nervous too.

I will note it seems like he's slurring very slightly. Am i crazy? I'm not saying he was drunk or stoned at the press conference but he may have physical issues or be on (legal) medication that is affecting him.

I will note it seems like he's slurring very slightly. Am i crazy? I'm not saying he was drunk or stoned at the press conference but he may have physical issues or be on (legal) medication that is affecting him.
He did seem a little off,I agree.

Being calm and office dork-like didn’t stop Machida or Anderson from giving us highlight reels that bring us smiles to this day.

I don't see any shook.
There's no shookness to be had here

He's never been very good on the mic. I wouldn't read too much into this.

That being said, I have NO idea at all what to expect from him in the cage, but I learned ages ago to never bet against Jon. This fight is going to answer a lot of questions about where he goes from here.

Jones here looking terrified. Stuttering over his words and having a look of fear in his eyes. I've honestly never seen such poor body language in a press conference before, especially for Jones. He's usually a lot more confident in his rhetoric. I also spotted him taking multiple deep breaths throughout the press conference.

Maybe he's picked up an anxiety disorder or isn't used to the press anymore after being out for three years. He also seems burned out, not in top form. Meanwhile, Cyril is looking cool as a cucumber.

Whatever it is, I'm no betting man but if I was I would be eager to plop some money down on Gane.

As a side note, people have pointed out that Jones is exhibiting signs of rapid aging, particularly his graying hairs and sunken eyes caused by fluid dysregulation /autonomic dysfunction. I would have to agree. In my opinion, he's suffering from free radical induced cellular damage stemming from over expression of reactive oxygen species caused by exposure to external inflammatory materials and gut dysbiosis. For what it's worth.

LOL Gane's eyes look the same as Jones. Anxiety because Jones is breathing lol. Come on man. That is just horrible psychoanalysis. If Jones had anxiety he wouldn't be able to talk or be on stage. It's not a disorder to be anxious being up there in front of hundreds of people knowing millions will also be watching. Most people are not public speakers. People like you think everyone has a disorder, that is a disorder buddy. You should analyze yourself first.

He seems the same. Just trying to be nicer so he has to think about his words a bit and that's probably why he stutters a bit. He isn't just saying the first thing that pops up in his head. He's always been like this, he was never big on the spotlight. He wouldn't even look at his opponents in the face-offs before and he wouldn't really say much unless he was talking shit or analyzing the fight/fighter.

If Gane wasn't a nice guy and was talking shit to Jones or being aggressive with him, the real Jones would come out and he would seem more natural. That is Jones being the good/nice guy. That's why it seems off.

This whole thing reminds me of this...

to9vn.jpeg

People want tons of shit talking to build up to the fight. The title of the video even says "Jon Jones EVISCERATES Ciryl Gane at UFC 285 Press Conference" like they're trying to create some narrative to make it sound better.

In reality, I like how cool Gane is remaining. And I hate how stupid our retarded "fans" have become.

It's a fight, not a shit talking contest. Grow the fuck up.
That cartoon/picture is fucking awesome. Fond memories.

Jones is just trying to act like a professional victim but it isn't working this time

Jones was shook to fight Francis, he ducked that fight and handpicked this fight for his HW debut. He wouldn’t do that if he was afraid of Gane, so the implication is he believes his skillset will beat Gane most of the time and that he won’t get KOed. They’re about the same size so he’s confident in taking him down and getting a boring decision win.

The video is the oppositie of what I expected. Jones made some observations about Gane's game which doesn't seem wrong also. If you want to make a case about Jones being shook, it would be better if you give some examples of him being confused or something like that, because this all sounded composed.

Jones here looking terrified. Stuttering over his words and having a look of fear in his eyes. I've honestly never seen such poor body language in a press conference before, especially for Jones. He's usually a lot more confident in his rhetoric. I also spotted him taking multiple deep breaths throughout the press conference.

Maybe he's picked up an anxiety disorder or isn't used to the press anymore after being out for three years. He also seems burned out, not in top form. Meanwhile, Cyril is looking cool as a cucumber.

Whatever it is, I'm no betting man but if I was I would be eager to plop some money down on Gane.

As a side note, people have pointed out that Jones is exhibiting signs of rapid aging, particularly his graying hairs and sunken eyes caused by fluid dysregulation /autonomic dysfunction. I would have to agree. In my opinion, he's suffering from free radical induced cellular damage stemming from over expression of reactive oxygen species caused by exposure to external inflammatory materials and gut dysbiosis. For what it's worth.

You try putting on weight when getting older, being inactive for years & fighting a beast while taking shit from critics. Would crush a lot of people, dude. Still doesn't mean he won't win as he has the talent, skill & motivation to prove himself. I'm not a Jones fan, but be realistic & not emu headed.....

head-in-sand-ostrich.gif

Back