Pretty Bummed About Strickland Losing

512557.jpg
<NewGina>
The av pendulum never swings my way. 😞

He still managed to surpass Fedor in popularity so quickly

Man, I am pretty bummed about Strickland losing. Because he's the most refreshing champion we've had in a long time. I guess I wanted to see him keep on talking and just sort of see what he would say next. Maybe because I really liked how he's reminding America what it means to be his own man and not afraid to say what's on his mind. There's so many people afraid to stand up or talk about what they really believe in. And now that he's not champion any more, it's just a little bit different.

Dana was never my friend but he was right when he said Strickland won the fight. And he really was sort of robbed. DDP didn't do enough to win the fight. He fought a good fight but it wasn't enough especially as the challenger. Strickland inflicted massive damage.
strickland is a 1 dimensional fighter like poatan and izzy

you should be blessed we got a new champ who is well rounded enough
more tools to win a fight

I was rooting for Strickland, but he kinda blew it. Could've won with just a little bit more. Dude has that passive, static lack of urgency - very Diaz'esque, Joe - with decent output and cardio, but he just runs out of time. He spars a lot, but there won't be an endless sparring session. Those 25 minutes just fly by in there. DDP just made it look like he was doing and wanting it more in there, I understand how it bamboozled the judges enough to give him the nod. And this didn't feel like a robbery. Just an uncomfortably close fight between two very different styles.

With this said, don't be sad. If anything, Strickland is one of the very few guys who legitimately knows how to deal with a loss. Losing 2 back to back didn't distract him at all, came back and won the belt. Plus, he's awesome at taking on all challengers and bringing fresh blood into the division, and not caring who draws or not - no one at the top was gonna fight Pereira, for example. And he's good enough to beat the necessary amount of top guys to stay relevant for as long as he's physically capable. Add to it, besides the Alex fight, his losses don't feel like losses - like hopeless, cap ends for match ups. No one would be surprised if he rematched Cannonier and DDP right now and won. Dude and his career are just different.

Last edited:
I was rooting for Strickland, but he kinda blew it. Could've won with just a little bit more. Dude has that passive, static lack of urgency - very Diaz'esque, Joe - with decent output and cardio, but he just runs out of time. He spars a lot, but there won't be an endless sparring session. Those 25 minutes just fly by in there. DDP just made it look like he was doing and wanting it more in there, I understand how it bamboozled the judges enough to give him the nod. And this didn't feel like a robbery. Just an uncomfortably close fight between two very different styles.

With this said, don't be sad. If anything, Strickland is one of the very few guys who legitimately knows how to deal with a loss. Losing 2 back to back didn't distract him at all, came back and won the belt. Plus, he's awesome at taking on all challengers and bringing fresh blood into the division, and not caring who draws or not - no one at the top was gonna fight Pereira, for example. And he's good enough to beat the necessary amount of top guys to stay relevant for as long as he's physically capable. Add to it, besides the Alex fight, his losses don't feel like losses - like hopeless, cap ends for match ups. No one would be surprised if he rematched Cannonier and DDP right now and won. Dude and his career are just different.

I'm gonna say this is the best response I've seen to this thread.

Yeah, that's very true. Strickland had an amazing thing going on in the first and second rounds and then that sort of just went away.

Yeah, I definitely think he's going to find a way to make it back to a title fight. And it's gonna be really interesting seeing what happens along the way.

Dana was never my friend but he was right when he said Strickland won the fight. And he really was sort of robbed. DDP didn't do enough to win the fight. He fought a good fight but it wasn't enough especially as the challenger. Strickland inflicted massive damage.
Dana wants Strickland there because he knows how to garner interest and sell a fight.

FWIW, both Volk and Mighty Mouse had this for DDP. I'll go with them over Dana if I'm forced to choose.

I hear you. A lot of people who wear red hats, think women belong in the kitchen, hate homosexuals, can't go more than three words without randomly dropping F-bombs because...you know...that's what mature adults do, and think it’s cool to make fun of other people’s personal family issues while getting buttsore when someone else gives it back to them are bummed he lost too.

Last edited:
There's so many people afraid to stand up or talk about what they really believe in.
No there aren't. This is one of the most outspoken periods in history, short of like the hippie movement overlapping of the Vietnam protests and Civil rights

We actually need people that speak their mind in a way that isn't divisive. Sean is toxic to the title. There are a lot of fools that "speak their mind" in the way that Sean does, that called being obnoxious, and it isn't the kind of talk that is ever helpful.
Way too many people are vaulting 'speaking their mind' over what really should be the first criteria: having a mind. The problem lots of society has is too many people speaking. No one respects expert opinion anymore

there's no way sean lost the fight, only due to corrupt judging.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/14e53999507c76a7 - the numbers dont lie. 76 more head strikes, 36 more significant strikes, doubled the output of strikes landed in round 1 alone.
Hmm, I guess he for sure won that one round then, at least.

That 'average brawler' kod Robert Whittaker tho
Brawling can get KO's. What a surprise.

inflicted massive damage? with what? his jabs? he swole DDP's eye up. that's it. DDP landed like 2 punches and Sean's face was a crimson mask.
DDP is a giant enemy crab and Strickland attacked his weak point.

And this is why people think ddp won. They are biased and hate Sean.
I think Sean acts like a mentally disturbed 14 year old edgelord who dishes shit he can't take too, and I thought he won.
l@nd0

Then again, I was more just watching than scoring.

No there aren't. This is one of the most outspoken periods in history, short of like the hippie movement overlapping of the Vietnam protests and Civil rights

Way too many people are vaulting 'speaking their mind' over what really should be the first criteria: having a mind. The problem lots of society has is too many people speaking. No one respects expert opinion anymore

First statement. That's sort of true. Only if you're on the side of mainstream opinion that's disseminated by the media.

Second staterment. Very true. Being rational or reasonable and having thoughtful discussions or debates is a lost skill or art.

I'd happily not see his boring fight style or ugly small mouth and bum chin again. I'd pay not to hear his voice again.

Driscus definitely did enough to win, that’s why he won lol. It was a close fight for sure, but with the takedowns it makes sense to give it to DDP.

Talking shouldn’t determine whether or not someone deserves to be champ, if Sean hadn’t hyped everyone up so much I don’t think there would be nearly as many people complaining about the decision.

Sean is teh real Murican. Hope he gets the belt back.

I was bummed about Aldo losing the belt… I was bummed about Anderson losing the belt.., I was bummed about Machida losing the belt (though not as bad since I’m a Shogan fan)… I was bummed about…welcome to being a fan…

ps…Fret not, the bummedness eventually dissipates over time…

Nah… it doesn’t…

Man, I am pretty bummed about Strickland losing. Because he's the most refreshing champion we've had in a long time. I guess I wanted to see him keep on talking and just sort of see what he would say next. Maybe because I really liked how he's reminding America what it means to be his own man and not afraid to say what's on his mind. There's so many people afraid to stand up or talk about what they really believe in. And now that he's not champion any more, it's just a little bit different.

He was the only people's champ with the belt ever. There were royalties like Conor, Izzy, Suga, born winners and talents like Jones etc.

There's so many people afraid to stand up or talk about what they really believe in
Actually i'm pretty happy that pedos and satanists are not allowed to stand up and talk about their hobbies in every sport related interviews, but to each his own in libertyland, i guess :)

Back