Pretty surprised by the picks

BloodyPoptart

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I’m shocked by the amount of people calling Diaz in this matchup, anyone else?

I’m a huge Nate Diaz fan but that performance against Pettis (a much shorter opponent who did nothing but feed into Nate’s style) wasn’t dominant enough to convince me. I get that Nate was gone for a LONG time and his performance would’ve only been THAT much more dominant if he’d had a tune up fight like most of the old gatekeepers in the UFC; but STILL.

Masvidal is absolutely in his prime and is absolutely powerful enough to put the lights out on Nate. Honestly it just annoys the piss out of me how one week every bro on here is licking the toe jam from Street Jesus’ sandals for erasing Askren, and the next claiming he doesn’t have the power to TKO or KO Nate Diaz who is punch drunk AF after a lifetime of devastating wars in the ring.

He can’t just put his hands down and walk at Masvidal, he’s going to find himself planking in front of the POTUS

I’m a huge Nate Diaz fan but that performance against Pettis (a much shorter opponent who did nothing but feed into Nate’s style) wasn’t dominant enough to convince me. I get that Nate was gone for a LONG time and his performance would’ve only been THAT much more dominant if he’d had a tune up fight like most of the old gatekeepers in the UFC; but STILL.

Masvidal is absolutely in his prime and is absolutely powerful enough to put the lights out on Nate. Honestly it just annoys the piss out of me how one week every bro on here is licking the toe jam from Street Jesus’ sandals for erasing Askren, and the next claiming he doesn’t have the power to TKO or KO Nate Diaz who is punch drunk AF after a lifetime of devastating wars in the ring.

He can’t just put his hands down and walk at Masvidal, he’s going to find himself planking in front of the POTUS
Same feeling from me. The odds are wayyyyy too close. Sure, Diaz could win, but he's not as live of a dog as people seem to think. Jorge is just a better more diverse version of him in many regards.

Guys this is serious because it’s coming from a huge fan

Who gives a fuck they both got like 30 losses

Who gives a fuck they both got like 30 losses
What a trash stance lol. Oh no, Jorge has lost a lot of close split decisions that could have gone either way. He must not be worth watching fight.

The amount of an ass whooping Jorge is going to give Nate it's going to seem like we're all dreaming, Nate is overrated.

This is a Fight Night bout worth recording and watching in the morning. So much flock of sheep excitement.

I'm picking Nate cause I'm a fan but I think Jorge wins violently

I hope I'm wrong

I feel like it's more the fans who are picking Diaz a lot. A lot of the fighters/pros are picking Masvidal.

Problem is, neither of those side ever showed to be reliable. So I'm going to go with my gut and say Masvidal by KO.

Look at Vegas odds, not what you read on a forum

The amount of an ass whooping Jorge is going to give Nate it's going to seem like we're all dreaming, Nate is overrated.

Nate isn't overrated and nobody ever claims he's the best. Its the same story as always - styles make fights.

- Wonderboy dominated Masvidal - he literally styled on him.

- Pettis knocks out Wonderboy

- Nate dominates Pettis 30-37

Most likely Masvidal beats Nate, which is why he's the favorite. That makes sense. He's not a huge favorite, because he isn't Khabib or Usman who is clearly going to hold Nate down without any fuss. He'll probably win, but we have to see how it plays out.

Because some sherdoggers don't have short memory.
Nate by dec is my bet.

I think it's going to be a great fight with Nate ending up getting bloody like always. I'm leaning towards a decision for Masvidal, but I don't think he will knock Nate out. Unfortunately, I don't think Nate will take this fight to the ground where he could have a better chance to win.

This shit's gonna be boring with a lot of staring by both and Nate taunting and playing gangster

There’s a reason Nate called him out. The Diaz boys are playing chess, while everyone else is playing checkers.

I simply refuse to believe Nate would call out somebody he wouldn't beat.

Back