Pride FC: Total Elimination 2003 - 20 years ago!!

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well, 20 years ago and a few days...

Man, I remember ordering this at my buddy's house. This was the MMA event that definitively hooked me into the sport. Silva KO'ing Sakuraba. Cro Cop shadow-realming Igor. Chuck KO'ing young buck 'Reem. And Fedor contributing to Goodridge's CTE.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was like 2 weeks after we had a party for my wife’s birthday. Damn I’m old, it was already the 4th anniversary with the then-gf now-wife. Crazy event.

I'm currently going back and re-watching every Fedor fight. It's been an absolute joy and exercise in nostalgia.
This event is up there for sure!
I think Total Elimination 2005 is still my personal favourite event.
j2Yxjy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm currently going back and re-watching every Fedor fight. It's been an absolute joy and exercise in nostalgia.
This event is up there for sure!
I think Total Elimination 2005 is still my personal favourite event.
j2Yxjy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't understand the hate the ref cams get. It obv doesn't need to be the main cam, but it'd be cool if ESPN would simulcast a refcam to give viewers the option (kinda how ESPN does their skycam simulcasts on football games).

Well, 20 years ago and a few days...

Man, I remember ordering this at my buddy's house. This was the MMA event that definitively hooked me into the sport. Silva KO'ing Sakuraba. Cro Cop shadow-realming Igor. Chuck KO'ing young buck 'Reem. And Fedor contributing to Goodridge's CTE.

Garry Goodridge admitted he didn't get CTE from MMA but K1 kickboxing

I don't understand the hate the ref cams get. It obv doesn't need to be the main cam, but it'd be cool if ESPN would simulcast a refcam to give viewers the option (kinda how ESPN does their skycam simulcasts on football games).
Imagine putting a ref cam on someone like Mazzagatti? You would see everything he's looking at - his watch, a lady in the audience, the sponsor logo on the mat - everywhere except the actual action.

Cro Cop vs Igor is such a deadly KO lol

Especially from the ref-cam view. Perfect impact, right on the neck. Like a 2x4. It was crazy.

I liked them. UFC needs them. Who didn't like that view? Best view in the house! And with today's cameras we could get it in high def. Bring it back!

I'd put that version of Fedor against any heavyweight ever.

Jones still smooshes him. He was nasty as hell, though.

Back