Prime BJ Penn beats Fedor Pound for pound

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Excellent boxing, amazing takedown defence, high level jiu jitsu, insane flexibility, Iron chin, ability to stand back up after being taken down, heart of a warrior.

I love Fedor though

BJ Penn is very underrated though. He will always be one of the GOAT's

<mma4>

He's good but would be tossed around by a modern LW like Khabib

When he was on he was about as good as it gets.

But we saw that Penn 3-5 times?

Shame he could not really make the sacrifices to be truly great.

Bj penn is the most over rated fighter in mma history..

When he was on he was about as good as it gets.

But we saw that Penn 3-5 times?

Shame he could not really make the sacrifices to be truly great.
yeah.

i think the most amazing part Is that he was able to accomplish / perform as he did while almost certainly at a fraction of his full potential though.

Who knows what he could've accomplished If he'd trained and been as disciplined as most high level athletes for much of his career.

Excellent boxing, amazing takedown defence, high level jiu jitsu, insane flexibility, Iron chin, ability to stand back up after being taken down, heart of a warrior.

I love Fedor though

<mma4>

Penn detected

I love Fedor though

<mma4>
If he only had work ethic...

Prime BJ probably was the most well rounded fighter of all time but Fedor beats him in just a few areas

Heart
Cardio
KO Power

Not saying BJ didn't have heart. He definitely did but I think we can all agree Fedor was definitely a little more determined in a rough fight. Plus, Fedor has a few comeback victories as proof.

Fedor would mop him up in all honesty, no cardio and terrible work ethic, would be another feast for a prime Fedor

We saw BJ at HW and he lost so I don't get this thread.

Prime BJ probably was the most well rounded fighter of all time but Fedor beats him in just a few areas

Heart
Cardio
KO Power

Not saying BJ didn't have heart. He definitely did but I think we can all agree Fedor was definitely a little more determined in a rough fight. Plus, Fedor has a few comeback victories as proof.
tbh, I wasn't actually trying to say that BJ penn should be ranked higher than Fedor p4p. Unfortunately with the way BJ's career went, It's hard to really put him In the argument..Although he will obviously have a place there In the minds of those who watched him perform at his best.

I was trying to say that In a fight, If they were the same weight...BJ would win. Something like that, lol.

this is dumb. Bj obviously wasn't a real heavyweight, he just got very fat to be there.
Fedor is exactly 2 inches taller than BJ. It's not like he's a giant.

On a pound for pound basis, Fedor was beating fighters 20-50 pounds more than him.
That kind of makes him king.

I love Fedor though

<mma4>
Baby J is a quitter though, so no.
tenor.gif

I love Fedor though

<mma4>
BJ fucking penn is the man... but i still gotta go with Fedor if for nothing else but better cardio.

Fedor is exactly 2 inches taller than BJ. It's not like he's a giant.

On a pound for pound basis, Fedor was beating fighters 20-50 pounds more than him.
That kind of makes him king.
there's a lot more to it than just height. Do you think Fedor could ever make 155?

Back