Prime CC was a whole different animal

Unpopular opinion: his hands were overrated and his decline had more to do with the cage than it did his age.

The gardener your wife tell you to not worry about.

Cjy0HHmUYAASnBa.jpg

Last edited:
Completely embarrassing performance by Herring; stands completely out of striking distance and just dives in for the worst double legs I've ever seen, not even close to the range where anything offensive was possible.
Yikes.

it's called intimidation and it's been a tactic in fighting since the beginning of time. Cro Cop did it to Herring, Mike Tyson did it to his opponents, Ngannou is doing it to most of his opponents. fight game psychology.
<TheDonald>

Instead you get some burnt out edge Lord's shitting on them for losses later in their careers and combing through their records.

Dude, he lost to Nog, Randleman, Fedor, Hunt, and drew to Wandy and Takada all before coming to the UFC and falling off.

Great fighter, fun to watch, a GOAT of his era, but he wasn't some unbeatable tank like some people (TS) like to remember him. Even in his prime.

Dude, he lost to Nog, Randleman, Fedor, Hunt, and drew to Wandy and Takada all before coming to the UFC and falling off.

Great fighter, fun to watch, a GOAT of his era, but he wasn't some unbeatable tank like some people (TS) like to remember him. Even in his prime.
lmao I like how you mentioned Takada as if that was an actual fight and not a work. Just shows you're looking at Fight Finder and don't really know anything.

lmao I like how you mentioned Takada as if that was an actual fight and not a work. Just shows you're looking at Fight Finder and don't really know anything.

lmao i like how you mentioned Takada and none of his other losses like they didn't happen. Just shows you're a fanboy incapable of looking at CC's career objectively.

Absolutely disagree. This version of CC 2003-2006 steamrolls through any ufc hw that ever existed.
what evolution of the game are you talking about? Gane and Ganu are the #1 and #2, they have no rassling and ground game, a bralwer and a kickboxer.

Lame ass Brock Lesnar would absolutely murder prime Cro Cop, much less guys like Cain or DC, and you know it.
Can't speak for Gane yet, but Francis is light years ahead of this version of Cro Cop as far as a ground game or sub defense goes. He's also a legit HW.

You guys live in a dream world

lmao i like how you mentioned Takada and none of his other losses like they didn't happen. Just shows you're a fanboy incapable of looking at CC's career objectively.
CC beat the shit out of Wand in their first fight, it was special rules where if it went to decision it'd be a draw. Once again, you just look at Fight Finder and don't know anything, haven't watched anything. Low IQ.

Had an opportunity to rewatch his fight with Texas Crazy Horse after a decade. I have forgotten how fast and agile he was. Never seen a HW move like that. Partly because CC is not a real HW, he weighed in 220 on a fight night, he is lighter than all of the LHWs of today, he weighs in as Costa on a fight night. He was extremely light on his feet, avoided all of the attacks by either footwork or he pushed the much heavier opponent away, staffed all of the takedowns and imposed his will. He took only one leg kick in the whole process while landing all of his attacks. He looks faster than prime Machida but armed with SHW power in his punches and kicks. I don't know how Fedor managed to beat this version of CC.

Enjoy!

Prime Cro Cop under Pride rules and in a ring was a deadly combination.

CC beat the shit out of Wand in their first fight, it was special rules where if it went to decision it'd be a draw. Once again, you just look at Fight Finder and don't know anything, haven't watched anything. Low IQ.

Deflect all you want, but that's a large list of fights he didn't win when he was supposedly invincible. I'm sorry the past isn't as you remember, but losing to Kevin Randleman and Mark Hunt in your prime is a pretty good indicator that you were never unstoppable.

Dude was the real deal inside and outside the cage (ring).

Sides his UFC outings he was a treat to watch work.

Dude, if it wasnt evident enough, you mentioned the Takada "fight" to let clear to all of us that you are textbook fight-finder shertard

That fight is IMHO the best display of striking defence in MMA history, two guys with massively dangerous standup theowing to finish yet both manage to avoid being badly hurt.

Aye. I can't stand when people say that the fight was "boring" or that "nothing happened". The HYPE was INSANE (especially at that time/in perspective). And they.threw.bombs.and.the.kitchen.sink.at.each.other. It was a super, super tense fight, where you could tell that anything that lands would do brutal damage. . . for 15 minutes straight.

Aye. I can't stand when people say that the fight was "boring" or that "nothing happened". The HYPE was INSANE (especially at that time/in perspective). And they.threw.bombs.and.the.kitchen.sink.at.each.other. It was a super, super tense fight, where you could tell that anything that lands would do brutal damage. . . for 15 minutes straight.

I can see the arguement that it became quite one sided after the first 5-6 mins but that opening standing is still great to watch, two guys throwing bombs at each other but having the defence to survive.

It does really feel like a "big" match to me as well, something you'd show next to say a legndary HW boxing contest rather than the toughman stuff like Stipe/DC people seem to love for its "action".

Dude, if it wasnt evident enough, you mentioned the Takada "fight" to let clear to all of us that you are textbook fight-finder shertard

I'll give you Takada and Wandy. Now explain:

Kevin Randleman
Mark Hunt
Nog
Fedor

No shame in losing to any of those guys, but losing to all four in your prime does not make you the unstoppable force that people claim Mirko was. Me not knowing the Takada fight was a work does not change that fact.

Agree that he was a badass in his prime and at the very top of the ladder in MMA.

He came in with that 'assassin' vibe and people were scared of him for real.
View attachment 893882

He is also one of the unified lineal UFC/PRIDE champions (the 7th).

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ight-championship-leading-to-ngannou.4196016/

Shocking that he declined so fast and so badly also though and ended up losing to guys like Roy 'blubber' Nelson but it is what it is.
View attachment 893881

Yeah. He "declined so fast and so badly" that he ended his career going 10-0 avenging his losses to Gonzaga and Roy Nelson during the run, facing some decent guys and winning the Rizin HW Grand Prix. Then 7-1 in K-1 (with the sole loss being very controversial and to one of the best HW kickboxers of all time) since his return to kickboxing, while also winning the last K-1 Grand Prix (although this edition was washed down it was still the most prestigious title) in the process and beating 2 top 5ers at the time.

Def does not sound like one of the (if not the most) impressive runs to finish one's combat sport career.

Cro Cop's poor UFC form had more to do with recurring injuries requiring surgeries (similar to Shogun), not adapating to the cage well enough, and not juicing for injury recovery/training time, which was back on the menu after the UFC exit.

Back