Prime Cody Was A Joy To Watch

markantony20

Cesar was never my friend.
@Brown
Reaction score
Was watching some of Cody’s fights from his heyday and he was SO fun to watch.

Yeah his personality was that of Scrappy Doo mixed with a frat bro but in the cage the dude was a monster with pretty damn good boxing and nasty KO power.

And of course his performance against Dom is still one of the best performances by a challenger in a title fight I’ve seen.

I say we give some love to No Love

upload_2023-9-5_12-19-37.gif

JEs.gif

He fought pretty much cans en route to his title shot. His performance against Dom was great, but also consider he'd been training to fight Dom basically his whole career. The whole Alpha male camp was basically geared towards beating Dom for about 6 or 7 years. shrug.

its funny he got a lot of hate, but then we all found out he was the good guy and tj was a seasoned villain all along

sad that cheatershaw contributed so much to cody's fall.

The real shame was his back problems. He was never the same after he had surgery. He came back so much more stiff imo.

His prime was essentially one fight

Almeida and Mizugaki were quality wins and performances. People were touring Thomas as the future contender best prospect in the division, he was ranked and favorite. Mizugaki was a ranked staple and vet. Cody KOd both in under a round combined.

Last edited:
Cody went from unranked to champ in a calendar year. I think only Alex Pereira has done that in recent history.

January 2016 - Cody unranked
June 2016 - Cody gets ranked after beating Almeida
December 2016 - Cody becomes champ after dethroning Dom

Last edited:
there are many better fighters than cody. cruz is probably better than cody overall, pound-for-pound, prime-for-prime.

…but for 25 minutes, cody was the best bw of all time. his performance in that fight is unmatched at bw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back