Prime Conor was true next level ish!

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh man i just watched this old Conor fight on YouTube, his debut actually. And its just crazy to see how much of a different fighter he was back then. His movement, accuracy, power, speed etc. were just on a different level. You could see and feel the hunger. He was a man on a mission with big goals and dreams.

Conor was great at 145, but I probably would've picked a different win instead of the Marcus Brimage one to showcase his best days at featherweight.
He looked great here, that being said at the same time he was given a pretty favorable matchup here to showcase his skills for his debut against a 5'4 bantamweight who was also a TUF reject(No offense Brimage).
I think the Brandao, Holloway or Poirier 1 fights are better example IMO.

Let’s not exclude the fact that he was fighting and unranked manlet.
Hell no marcus brimage was legit
I remember not having any idea who the grandpa slayer was but I knew who brimage was. Pretty sure he had just kicked Jimmy hettes ass who looked super good prior to that. Getting wrecked by McGregor and garbrandt, plus Rivera doesn't exactly qualify you to be a can

Just the Sean O'Malley of his day, really.

It’s been a while since we had a isn’t Conor amazing thread. Hang on, it hasn’t.

No disrespect to Brimage but he wasn’t high level, this isn’t that impressive. Conor looks good obviously.

Was gonna say in b 4 hate but naw...first response was obsessed hater BS. Good job SherTard.

Yeah, I remember watching that fight live. He was a beast. This whole forum was absolutely convinced he would NEVER beat Aldo. Lol... Every win on the way to Aldo was thousands of threads of excuses <Lmaoo>. Never seen this forum so triggered. Was a great time.

Last edited:
Oh man i just watched this old Conor fight on YouTube, his debut actually. And its just crazy to see how much of a different fighter he was back then. His movement, accuracy, power, speed etc. were just on a different level. You could see and feel the hunger. He was a man on a mission with big goals and dreams.

A WW beating on a BW? That's as close to fixing a fight without actually fixing it as you can get.

Prime Conor got finished by Cabo Nate, that's got to take the shine off a bit though

Conor bulked up too quick which explains why he gassed. At that time Conor didn't think Nate could take his shots and keep coming.

This was a bad stylistic matchup for Conor. He should have fought Nate at 155, would've been a different fight.

Nobody had data on Conor, it only took Nate Diaz to expose Conor for his weaknesses, a poor gas tank and a pull counter as his only legit threat.

Chad Mendes opened the door to revealing Conor’s ceiling.

Conor bulked up too quick which explains why he gassed. At that time Conor didn't think Nate could take his shots and keep coming.

This was a bad stylistic matchup for Conor. He should have fought Nate at 155, would've been a different fight.

Nate wasn't havin none of that. He wouldn't sign to fight unless 170.

Nate wasn't havin none of that. He wouldn't sign to fight unless 170.
You mean the handpicked fighter they chose couldn’t cut on ten days notice?? Yet, they wanted no part of Edgar or anybody else that was actually fight ready. Biggest fail for a handpicked fight ever.

spanky-that-man.gif

You mean the handpicked fighter they chose couldn’t cut on ten days notice?? Yet, they wanted no part of Edgar or anybody else that was actually fight ready. Biggest fail for a handpicked fight ever.

spanky-that-man.gif

Uh huh

Nobody had data on Conor, it only took Nate Diaz to expose Conor for his weaknesses, a poor gas tank and a pull counter as his only legit threat.

Chad Mendes opened the door to revealing Conor’s ceiling.

Conor won a world title after Nate lol

Back