Prime Fedor vs Jon Jones

Unlike GSP, I feel that Fedor is too much of a true fighter to do such a thing

But I could be wrong, after all Jones did make the legendary warrior Shogun tap the canvas...

Fabricio Werdum would disgaree.

again, he didn't go toe to toe with cro cop. he won the fight primarily because he spent half of it on top of cro-cop. he held his own and arguably won the striking overall but he won the fight by grappling. interestingly, he was far less successful in cro cops guard than he was in nog's.

I disagree.. They both stood in front of each other and tried to take the others head off in the striking exchanges.. Thats toe to toe

well, same goes for jones career before usada.
Well if you want to get technical like that, Jones is a proven steroid cheat. What opponents other then then the 2 MWs Vitor and Sonnen did he face that are known cheaters?
<Kpop775>

I disagree.. They both stood in front of each other and tried to take the others head off in the striking exchanges.. Thats toe to toe
and then half the fight was on the ground. where fedor really won the fight.

but again, didn't do near the damage he did against nog.

The majority of the 10 minute first round was fought on the feet dumbass. Cant expect a tuf noob named "kflo" to know that because you first watched the fight in 2010 lol

Jones via higher fighter IQ.

Fedor won a lot of fights, but he put himself in a lot of danger in a lot of those fights too. Jones is amazing at not putting himself in harms way and coming up with amazing game plans.

Jones via TKO due to ground and pound in the 4th.

Cro Cop's Werdum-trained defensive grappling was one of the strongest facets of his game.

Young Fedor? I have faith in the emperor to fight with that Russian warrior spirit and find a way to beat Jones. Fedor's fight IQ is even higher than Jon's, and coupled with his speed and power will give him a decisive advantage. My hypothetical prediction would be that round 2 Fedor would land a combination, then clinch, get Jones to the ground and do the best ever ground and pound to the victory.

If it was in PRIDE then Bones would take a dive so yeah I guess Fedor. But in a true fight I'm takin Jon. He's had one hard fight in a career killing this forums heroes. Is normal.

The majority of the 10 minute first round was fought on the feet dumbass. Cant expect a tuf noob named "kflo" to know that because you first watched the fight in 2010 lol
lolololol.

the fight went to the ground with 5:23 left in the first round. don't be a dick if you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Fedor would of been too much for Jones , his reflexes , his strength and his mind where above anything Jones could handle.

What does it say about a fighter when he balantly uses peds ? It shows how mentally weak he is.

Last edited:
Cro Cop's Werdum-trained defensive grappling was one of the strongest facets of his game.
point being the nog fight isn't the only reference point for fedor's gnp yet many use it as primary evidence.

I don’t think half the fight was on the ground. Also Fedor had a hand injury which limited his grappling.

Impossible to compare. Fedor lost in his prime to Bigfoot when fedor was fighting in an organization that tested for steroids. Jones has been tested his whole career but has still managed to cheat the whole time. I think a clean Jones would probably lose to Bigfoot too but it's hard to tell because the guy has never been clean.

Back