Prime HW DC @ 32-34 years old

Plenty. Jones, Stipe, Fedor, Mirko would all beat him prime vs prime. DC is still one of the goats and is a classy human being.

If DC took up MMA at 20 instead of 30, he'd be the undisputed GOAT.

He would've run through guys like Sylvia and Couture, and I like his chances over Fedor and Cro Cop too
Ok and if Yoel started MMA at 15 he would be 400-0.

If DC had gotten into mma 5-6 years earlier than he did, he would’ve run through HW and probably LHW. Only Jones has a chance.

Hands as fast as Fedor plus good conditioning, elite wrestling and enough blackxplosiveness to ragdoll Barnett and Bigfoot. Ngannou would be pinned and subbed with ease, Stipe done worse than he already has been by a lesser version of DC.

There really aren’t other challenges, he would waste the likes of Reem or Werdum.

Hypothetical prime HW DC is the HW goat.

Not exactly, common sense says an early 30's man is physically better than they are at 40.

Tell that to Randy Couture, what a stupid mentality some people around here have. Randy at 40 would have out boxed, out grappled and absolutely out cardio'd Randy at 30, who cares what their physical prime was. If they are a better fighter 10 years later than that's their fighting prime and fighting prime is all that should be considered unless you're making a fantasy what if thread. For example, what if Randy had the skills at 30 that he did at 40. If you know how to train much better, how to prepare etc. at 40 and are in much better shape than at 30 it's kind of a stupid argument, skills aside. Your posts always make me laugh, often way over the top one way or another as if there's never anything to debate or consider. It's really silly.

Is there anyone in the history of MMA that could beat DC in his prime?

I dont think anyone could have beaten the version of DC before he started to cut weight class.

Convince me otherwise.
Go watch DC vs Frank Mir in 2013 and then a quote from the movie The Fugitive, "Care to revise your statement sir"?

He would've run through guys like Sylvia and Couture, and I like his chances over Fedor and Cro Cop too
If DC had gotten into mma 5-6 years earlier than he did, he would’ve run through HW and probably LHW. Only Jones has a chance.

Hands as fast as Fedor plus good conditioning, elite wrestling and enough blackxplosiveness to ragdoll Barnett and Bigfoot. Ngannou would be pinned and subbed with ease, Stipe done worse than he already has been by a lesser version of DC.

There really aren’t other challenges, he would waste the likes of Reem or Werdum.

Hypothetical prime HW DC is the HW goat.
If Ngannou wrestled in college and then did MMA right after he is the GOAT. I love the MMA superhero fantasy stuff, it's so much fun. Ngannou is my superhero MMA GOAT.

Jon vs DC at UFC 182 was the most talented fight in UFC history.

And what are your arguments to say he was better back then? Who has he fought back then who are at the same level as miocic?

So because he didnt fight Miocic back then means he must be better now years later at 41, after losing lbm going to LHW and gaining fat on his way back up to HW, slower reaction time, lower natural testosterone etc.

<mma4>

Plenty. Jones, Stipe, Fedor, Mirko would all beat him prime vs prime. DC is still one of the goats and is a classy human being.

Lol jones isnt even willing to fight post-prime DC at HW.

And Stipe lost more rounds in their combined fights and is now ducking trilogy against old fat DC knowing he will use his wrestling next time

20200503_104444.jpg

This DC with mma skills wrecks Jones for sure

DanielCormier07Worlds300x375.jpg

If Ngannou wrestled in college and then did MMA right after he is the GOAT. I love the MMA superhero fantasy stuff, it's so much fun. Ngannou is my superhero MMA GOAT.

Of course I was joking when I said he'd be the hypothetical GOAT, because there's no such thing. But the reality is that Ngannou would need a whole new skillset which he never acquired and never will, probably.

DC was extremely close to beating everyone even with his problems cutting weight and having spent his athletic prime training for the olympics. But he has a very complete skillset and athleticism, a combination rarely seen. Other guys like Romero never learned to use their wrestling for MMA, for example, regardless of their athelticism, and their fight IQ is also lacking. DC never had these problems.

Prime sprawling Crocop kills him with a body kick. Sea level Cain out hustles him. High altitud Werdum beats the shit out of him in the clinch and subs him. Carwin can clip him in the first minutes. Ubereem tiger knees DC into the netherrealm. Unganno can possibly pull it off with a haymaker. Knowbody at hw is unbeatable

Normally when people make an argument going against the standard they make the argument to convince other people the standard is wrong.

Lol jones isnt even willing to fight post-prime DC at HW.

And Stipe lost more rounds in their combined fights and is now ducking trilogy against old fat DC knowing he will use his wrestling next time

View attachment 765206

That, or Stipe is avoiding it because one of the fights with DC required him to undergo eyesurgery. Which one do you think is more likely? Stipe outclassed DC last time proving who the best HW is. I love DC though.

Of course. He is flawed and there’s plenty of people who could have beaten him.

if he took it up at 20 he'd have more losses. anybody who starts something early will not only peak quicker, they won't last as long as someone who starts later.

Young prime DC is a better striker and wrestler than Jones. DEAL WITH IT.

Of course I was joking when I said he'd be the hypothetical GOAT, because there's no such thing. But the reality is that Ngannou would need a whole new skillset which he never acquired and never will, probably.

DC was extremely close to beating everyone even with his problems cutting weight and having spent his athletic prime training for the olympics. But he has a very complete skillset and athleticism, a combination rarely seen. Other guys like Romero never learned to use their wrestling for MMA, for example, regardless of their athelticism, and their fight IQ is also lacking. DC never had these problems.
Did you watch DC as a HW against Mir in 2013? He wasn't very impressive. Cormier is competitive, tough, a great wrestler and has added boxing. He's a real MMA fighter constantly adding to his game. He's a notch under guys like Jones, GSP, Khabib etc.. He's never been the best and ruled anything (except Strikeforce).

And Stipe ... is now ducking trilogy against old fat DC knowing he will use his wrestling next time

]
liar

stipe said many times he’ll give Cormier an immediate rematch, even though Cormier didn’t do the same for stipe

Cain and the UFC really did ruin DC's prime years. We got a watered down version of DC at LHW and by the time he moved back up to HW, DC was 39 years old and out of shape. Not to mention all those cancelled fights because of Jon Jones being an idiot.

Back