Prime JCVD vs. CM Punk

FinalConflict2005

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who ya got!?

You know my answer.
giphy.gif

As is JCVD makes it to the octagon, lol. CM Punk by TKO due to USADA first round testing.

I was watching No Retreat, No Surrender (with youngish JCVD) the other day on Rifftrax, and I was really surprised by JCVD's hand speed and technique, it's actually pretty solid technique for a kickboxer and his handspeed was redonk without bad form. That's just his hands alone. He is very gifted and quite athletic, not just some actor pretending.

CM Plonk moves like a fat kid and an old lady stuffed into a puppet's body, he has -2 skills and no physical attributes to make up for it either.
Everyone at an MMA gym the same general size as Phil beats him up in sparring in a theoretical scenario- wait, I mean the ACTUAL scenario.

Prime van damme vs wonderboy is the fight i wanna see

JCVD will catch him with a kick when Punk tries to come in with his infamous right hand lead.

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

SimpleTornAplomadofalcon.gif

Jean Claude was a slow starter. CM would likely beat him up for a while and then Jean Claude would come back from the brink of defeat with his patented jumping spin kick and win and get the girl.

Sorry, I just spoiled the ending for every single one of Jean Claude Van Damme's movies.

Van Damme would graze Punk's teeth with one of his feet, then as he were falling unconsciously to the ground, Cody Garbrandt would come running out of the crowd and jump into the octagon to pin Van Damme for three seconds. Thus, Punk would win before falling to the mat KO'd.

...customary Van Damme video:

Jean Claude was a slow starter. CM would likely beat him up for a while and then Jean Claude would come back from the brink of defeat with his patented jumping spin kick and win and get the girl.

Sorry, I just spoiled the ending for every single one of Jean Claude Van Damme's movies.
Guess you never noticed he always gets the girls before the final fights.

Lol are you serious? JCVD at any age beats any version of CM Punk.

I was watching No Retreat, No Surrender (with youngish JCVD) the other day on Rifftrax, and I was really surprised by JCVD's hand speed and technique, it's actually pretty solid technique for a kickboxer and his handspeed was redonk without bad form. That's just his hands alone. He is very gifted and quite athletic, not just some actor pretending.

CM Plonk moves like a fat kid and an old lady stuffed into a puppet's body, he has -2 skills and no physical attributes to make up for it either.
Everyone at an MMA gym the same general size as Phil beats him up in sparring in a theoretical scenario- wait, I mean the ACTUAL scenario.

Utter face palm at your post.

His hand technique.... In a movie. LOL!!! Good lord.... As a lifelong fan of the guy's films, I nonetheless suggest you sign up for a brain replacement list.

His hand technique.... In a movie. LOL!!! Good lord.... As a lifelong fan of the guy's films, I nonetheless suggest you sign up for a brain replacement list.

What do you think shadow boxing is? It's something you can't fake, being fast with correct form. There's actual ability if you can follow correct form.

Do you have significant training in this specific area? Any? Probably not.

I get why you would think this then, that's okay. It seems like a logical assumption from a forced viewpoint of pure assumption.

A good chance if he can get him down, but he seems so inept he may get knocked out trying to grapple

Punk might submit himself by accident.

Nonetheless of the movies there was actual sparring footage posted in a thread here from the time when he wasnt famous and lived in Belgium. You could clearly see he was talented and skilled with fast accurate movement. Imo a really talented stand up fighter who fought some full contact fights.
Big difference to frauds like Seagal..etc.

I also dont think you can see too much in movies but I remember watching The Matrix and thinking about how Keanu Reeves still looks like absolut dogshit despite all the special effects. You could clearly see he had no clue about martial arts at all.

Back