Prime (PRIDE Grand Prix) Shogun vs current Rumble.

oh noob fans who started watching within the last 5 years.

2005 shogun was insane. IMO, he beats every LHW. EVEN FUCKING JONES.

watch his highlight. different dude than most of you young MMA bucks are thinking of. a true destroyer.

SHOGUN BY FIRST ROUND KO

oh noob fans who started watching within the last 5 years.

2005 shogun was insane. IMO, he beats every LHW. EVEN FUCKING JONES.

watch his highlight. different dude than most of you young MMA bucks are thinking of. a true destroyer.

SHOGUN BY FIRST ROUND KO

Shogun fans still aren't over shogun crying and tapping to strikes by pillow gusted Jones. You've become senile.

Shogun would win. Rumble would get his long arms tangled in the ropes.

Shogun with ease. Prime Rampage has better boxing than Rumble. He is also more well rounded and Shogun dismantled him.

No fantasy version of Shogun stands a chance.
Rumble by destruction

what the fuck are you talking about guys!

Have you seen the 2005 Grand Prix? Shogun was a Monster! He fucked Overeem, beat Lil Nog, destroyed Rampage and annihilated Arona!!!
What the fuck have Rumble done to beat that?!?!

Rumble is a big hard hitter and now would probably beat Shogun... but at the time in Pride, he have no Chance!
The amount o damage Shogun can take, the amount of strikes he can deliver, the fucking cardio he have...

Rumble would not stand a Chance at any means

Some of the stupid fkn comments in here make me wanna kill myself, holy shit you fucking noobs, 2005 Shogun beats any LHW ever not named Jon Jones, stfu FFS you embarrassing jackasses.

This is the only true and even Jones would have alot of Problems.

Hard to call.. shogun had amazing td / bjj + crazy stomps and unlimited cardio..
Rumble has crazy power and wresting credential..

Shogun always had trouble with kickboxer/muay thai fighter with longer reach.. diabate gave him some trouble and shogun took him to the ground.. bones completely shut him for the duration of their bout..

My pick is aj by tko in the first

05 Shogun by soccer kick KO

guy couldnt beat vitor or even rich clementi how the hell does he beat prime shogun

I have no idea who wins but I would give up an entire pay check to see it.

@NoBiasJustMMA Whats ur thoughts on this matchup?

Prime Shogun would take Rumble down and break him, I think he's too durable, his cardio is too good and he's more well rounded. Rumble's got a good punchers chance 15-20% or so because he hits so hard but Prime Shogun had a hell of a chin and crazy fast recovery as well.

Rumble can't handle Shogun's pace when he was in his prime and I don't think he gets the early KO/TKO much which IMO he would need to in order to win.

Prime Shogun always found a way to win. He took serious heat against Overeem and Diabate. They were two extremely dangerous strikers with drastic height and reach advantages. Shogun weathered the storm and defeated both.

Rumble would gas out trying to flurry on Shogun in the first round. After that Shogun's kicks and knees and hooks start landing. If Rumble gets knocked down or shoots for a takedown there is a good chance he is getting soccer kicked or choked out.

I say 2005 Shogun wins this fight like 7 out of 10 times. I give Rumble a Puncher's chance or the possibility he wrestles Shogun to a decision, but a younger Shogun was so diverse and deadly everywhere the fight went.

Shogun's GNP was also very brutal.

I agree with you and the others that said it would be similar to the Overeem and Diabate fights and mostly agree on the odds but I think Rumble's odds are a little lower. I think a GnP finish by Shogun is by far the most likely outcome.

Rumble on pride PEDs would be scary

Prime Shogun would take Rumble down and break him, I think he's too durable, his cardio is too good and he's more well rounded. Rumble's got a good punchers chance 15-20% or so because he hits so hard but Prime Shogun had a hell of a chin and crazy fast recovery as well.

Rumble can't handle Shogun's pace when he was in his prime and I don't think he gets the early KO/TKO much which IMO he would need to in order to win.

Shogun doesn't have good wrestling. Do you honestly think Shogun could replicate what DC did against Rumble?

Shogun doesn't have good wrestling. Do you honestly think Shogun could replicate what DC did against Rumble?

This is a myth, Shogun has bad TDD but his takedowns are great and his wrestling on the mat is also very good.

Watch Shogun vs Overeem 1 and 2, Overeem's wrestling is about equal to Rumble's IMO and he got taken down and TKOed both times and he's much better off his back than Rumble is.

Shogun has the most underrated takedowns and wrestling once it hits the mat of anyone I can think of.

Shoguns career is pretty fluky. He got gifted a decision over Lil Nog in a fight he lay n prayed. Got to fight Rampage when Rampage had broken ribs going into the fight and then beat Arona after Arona was completely spent from having a long grueling fight. Shogun was getting soundly out struck by that little Japanese guy in a gi before shogun pulled off the win. Coleman body slammed Shogun and snapped his arm and then went in to batter Shogun in a rematch before the ref stopped the fight prematurely. Shogun also win the title from Machida by throwing a sloppy haymaker with his eyes closed that somehow landed behind Machidas ear. Shogun just never looks that good in the eyeball test, he would be besmirched by a guy like Rumble.

Back