Prime Rory vs Prime GSP

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Rory who outclassed Tyron in 2014 vs UFC 100 Georges. Who gets it done?

I believe Rory uses his size and distance to control the striking battle and avoid grappling exchanges. Prime Rory’s weakness was always vicious finishers like a Condit or Lawler, which Georges was not during his prime.

Close fight but Rory ends up winning a 48-47 decision IMO. Discuss

rorys takedown defense not good enough for the best version of gsp

The Rory who outclassed Tyron in 2014 vs UFC 100 Georges. Who gets it done?

I believe Rory uses his size and distance to control the striking battle and avoid grappling exchanges. Prime Rory’s weakness was always vicious finishers like a Condit or Lawler, which Georges was not during his prime.

Close fight but Rory ends up winning a 48-47 decision IMO. Discuss
Todasy's WW breed cant come close to GSP , As good as Prime Rory was he was no GSP he always was Poor Man GSP.
Speaking from an unbiased point of view GSP would odminate Rory .

GSP smashes him into a fine paste and then dry humps it for 5 rounds.

Prime Rory who never touched UFC gold or GSP?

He should have fought for gold after beating Ellenberger but Georges was holding him back still

Georges befriended him early in his career for a reason imo

I think TS just wants to jack it to the responses in this thread,

Hes clearly getting off reading the responses to a question everyone knows the answer to..

Some people so underestimate GSP, he really was head and shoulders above every WW of all time.

EASILY the WW GOAT. STOP.

Today's old GSP who's had multiple ACL surgeries could beat the best version of Rory.

He should have fought for gold after beating Ellenberger but Georges was holding him back still

Georges befriended him early in his career for a reason imo
I think TS just wants to jack it to the responses in this thread,

Hes clearly getting off reading the responses to a question everyone knows the answer to..
That actually makes a lot of sense

I think GSP would win but prime Rory would give him a fight.

Some people so underestimate GSP, he really was head and shoulders above every WW of all time.

EASILY the WW GOAT. STOP.
Easily,

People who say Woodley was on his way to GOAThood of WW were so fucking delusional.

You know, you look back at GSPs record, a win over Fitch at that time was him destroying the consensus number 1 contender who shut every other guy down for years after that and even to this day beat current Rory (the judges were wrong, and i am a massive Rory fan).

I don't favor any fighter ever against GSP. It's either 50/50 or GSP.

GSP UDs Rory.

gsp beats rory to a pulp.

like lawler did the second time, but mostlikely without the finish.

GSP is the greatest WW of all time.

Prime GSP beats any present WW too

Gsp fans are so pathetic and desperate to keep this dudes name alive that everyday they're littering this forum with garbage thread after garbage thread about a retired fighter. Give it a rest. Dudes are so insecure that black dude Woodley was being talked about as goat over their white Jesus. It's been non stop garbage since talks of Woodley being the we goat started coming up.

wouldn't even be close, a prime gsp easily decisions rory, possibly getting a Gnp stoppage or submission....rory was good but nowhere gsp level.

Even the current gsp would beat rory today, just becase gsp was mentoring him doesn't mean that rory came out being as good or better....maybe certain aspects of mma he might be better say using combo's in the stand up, but gsp has the jab, he has the mixing it up, the wrestling, the tdd, submission game, kickboxing, gsp has it all and not great but good at everything...where as rory is like the little sister of gsp, I just see gsp doing his thing negating anything rory really does and controlling the fight and where it goes and winning easy decisions over him.

Back