Prime Shogun or Prime Wanderlei

I have literally never heard of this supposed rematch, got any links or old fourm threads to back this claim up?

Those conversations would have been from around 2005, about the same time period that Mauricio said that the pitbull puppy story was had been greatly exaggerated/took a life of its own (not the pup I mean).
Rua then proceeded to clarify that Wand and himself did knock each others out in training, even giving the important detail that Wanderlei's victory was via flying knee; and that the 2 stories got mixed up or whatever.

I'll look in the archives, but I've recently already tried to find old threads from my old account (2005 era) and didn't have much luck locating it.
(I'm 99% sure it was when Sakuraba first trained at Chute Boxe, and he had that flash KO against Ken and won that beautiful submission war against Minowaman)

Another interview of his I'd like to find is the one before Murilo Ninja fought Denis Kang a couple years later, and Mauricio was saying that Ninja was the best when it came to sparring at the gym and would "KO everyone", but sometimes froze of the big stage, but against Kang his camp had been perfect, his body was in top condition (gone the flabs from the Sergei fight, welcome the 6-pack!)

I cried tears of blood when Kang besmirched him in 5 seconds

prime shogun would eat those punches to land his own
hes better striker than wanderlei
im gonna give him an edge
70 - 30

I can get behind this. Wanderlei has become underrated here; like a prehistoric artifact who couldn’t compete today. Dude crushed young Rampage, never tapped, and gave Hunt a helluva fight. He ragdolled Dan Henderson the first time they fought, would have won a decision over K-1 Cro Cop if allowed, and went 5 years without a defeat. He was game; and we’ve all heard about the time Wanderlei KO’d Shogun for a dog.

i’d slightly lean Prime Shogun but it’s much closer to 50/50 in my book.
I feel like most people who shit on wanderlei didn't actually watch him in his prime. The guy was an absolute killer. Remember what he did to Fujita??? That shit was brutal.

I feel like most people who shit on wanderlei didn't actually watch him in his prime. The guy was an absolute killer. Remember what he did to Fujita??? That shit was brutal.

The old Cracked articles on Wanderlei Silva were so amazing. If you never read them definitely look them up it will give you a good laugh.

Those conversations would have been from around 2005, about the same time period that Mauricio said that the pitbull puppy story was had been greatly exaggerated/took a life of its own (not the pup I mean).
Rua then proceeded to clarify that Wand and himself did knock each others out in training, even giving the important detail that Wanderlei's victory was via flying knee; and that the 2 stories got mixed up or whatever.

I'll look in the archives, but I've recently already tried to find old threads from my old account (2005 era) and didn't have much luck locating it.
(I'm 99% sure it was when Sakuraba first trained at Chute Boxe, and he had that flash KO against Ken and won that beautiful submission war against Minowaman)

Another interview of his I'd like to find is the one before Murilo Ninja fought Denis Kang a couple years later, and Mauricio was saying that Ninja was the best when it came to sparring at the gym and would "KO everyone", but sometimes froze of the big stage, but against Kang his camp had been perfect, his body was in top condition (gone the flabs from the Sergei fight, welcome the 6-pack!)

I cried tears of blood when Kang besmirched him in 5 seconds

wow... Ninja does look in excellent shape there. With the low quality I could barely tell it's him

I think there's a lot of people in this thread who were watching Shogun but weren't around to see Wand do his thing.

Rua is one of my favorite fighters.. but Wand was a more consistent fighter in his prime, also bigger and stronger than Rua. I think prime Wand would have been too much for any version of Shogun honestly.

But I'm also in the minority that considers Wand to be the 205 goat after Jones. Nobody else seems to think very highly of him anymore

I think there's a lot of people in this thread who were watching Shogun but weren't around to see Wand do his thing.

Rua is one of my favorite fighters.. but Wand was a more consistent fighter in his prime, also bigger and stronger than Rua. I think prime Wand would have been too much for any version of Shogun honestly.

But I'm also in the minority that considers Wand to be the 205 goat after Jones. Nobody else seems to think very highly of him anymore

The lack of respect for him is astonishing. The guy really changed the game in terms of pure violence and brutality in the sport. Something you'd think the wrestlefuck haters would appreciate more.

Guy was a madman on the feet, excellent sprawl and sub defense. He never went for easy wins and fought bell to bell when applicable.

depends on who was roiding more.

The lack of respect for him is astonishing. The guy really changed the game in terms of pure violence and brutality in the sport. Something you'd think the wrestlefuck haters would appreciate more.

Guy was a madman on the feet, excellent sprawl and sub defense. He never went for easy wins and fought bell to bell when applicable.

Wanderlei was the most popular fighter of PRIDE era, even more popular than Fedor, who was quiet. I think Cro Cop came close. W. Silva had the biggest fanbase in Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back