Prime Wand vs Poatan would have been wild

For you to say Mirko was “worlds better” than Alex just shows that you are A) completely clueless and B) on drugs.

You clearly don't know much about kick boxing, kid.

Mirko was a K-1GP quarter finalist in the toughest era of HW kickboxing ever. He beat guys like Mark Hunt, Remy Bonjasky, Peter Aerts, Jerome LeBanner, Sam Greco and Mike Bernardo and yes all of these guys would have knocked Poatan the fuck out.

Poatan is a great kickboxer by MMA standards but he wouldn't even qualify for a HW K-1 GP from the 90s to the mid 2000s. He was too big for max and too small for HW where he you had guys like young Badr Hari and Ruslan Karaev who weren't even in the top 10 in the world at the time who would put Poatan in body bag.

He'd have even less of a chance agaisnt the elites from those days like Hoost, Hunt, Aerts, Mirko, LeBanner etc. Poatan got completely out classed by Artem Levin who's good but very small at 185lbs and Artur Kyshenko who fought as a LW in K-1 max. Lol @ him beating the legends of 90s K1.

The modern day UFC casual simply overrates Poatan like he overrates everything else from the UFC today. Mirko was worlds better than him and would have knocked him out pretty easily.

Wanderlei is too small for modern day LHWs. The sport has evolved. Even Prime Fedor wouldn't have lasted more than 2 rounds against Pereira.

Yea Poatan the kick boxer with zero wrestling who just got his black belt in BJJ is soooo "evolved"

🥴

Reactions: TR1
"Any guy from modern day UFC beats any guy from the past."

🥴

You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. It's all options anyway. You're the one on here who can't cope or handle the very probability of Wanderlei getting wrecked by Pereira which would very likely occur given both their fighting styles.

Good like with your thread.

You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. It's all options anyway. You're the one on here who can't cope or handle the very probability of Wanderlei getting wrecked by Pereira which would very likely occur given both their fighting styles.

Good like with your thread.

UFC fanboy 🐀

You clearly don't know much about kick boxing, kid.

Mirko was a K-1GP quarter finalist in the toughest era of HW kickboxing ever. He beat guys like Mark Hunt, Remy Bonjasky, Peter Aerts, Jerome LeBanner, Sam Greco and Mike Bernardo and yes all of these guys would have knocked Poatan the fuck out.

Poatan is a great kickboxer by MMA standards but he wouldn't even qualify for a HW K-1 GP from the 90s to the mid 2000s. He was too big for max and too small for HW where he you had guys like young Badr Hari and Ruslan Karaev who weren't even in the top 10 in the world at the time who would put Poatan in body bag.

He'd have even less of a chance agaisnt the elites from those days like Hoost, Hunt, Aerts, Mirko, LeBanner etc. Poatan got completely out classed by Artem Levin who's good but very small at 185lbs and Artur Kyshenko who fought as a LW in K-1 max. Lol @ him beating the legends of 90s K1.

The modern day UFC casual simply overrates Poatan like he overrates everything else from the UFC today. Mirko was worlds better than him and would have knocked him out pretty easily.
<LikeReally5>

Wanderlei in Pride, in his prime, juiced was a bmf x 2. He got take a shot aswell. He could win. And I was a huge Rampage fan, but anyone saying Wand would get killed just doesnt remember or know. He was an animal.

UFC fanboy 🐀
Why the fuck are you crying though? You are the one titled your thread with "Prime Wand vs Poatan would've been wild".

Then you made a case in your OP why it would be good. No one disagrees with your sensetive ass. People are just saying Poatan would win in the end.

Why the fuck are you crying though? You are the one titled your thread with "Prime Wand vs Poatan would've been wild".

Then you made a case in your OP why it would be good. No one disagrees with your sensetive ass. People are just saying Poatan would win in the end.

Sounds like you're being sensitive little guy. 🤣

I don't care if someone thinks Poatan would win.

It's UFC fanboys who love coming into threads and dismissing any fighter of the past against any UFC fighter of today as if they have no chance

"JaN wReCkS WaNd!"

Either intentionally to disrupt intelligent discussion or to show disrespect to legends of the past.

🐀

For you to say Mirko was “worlds better” than Alex just shows that you are A) completely clueless and B) on drugs.

No, he's actually right. Mirko is a much more developed and accomplished kickboxer than Alex has ever been. I don't really know where Alex's BJJ game stands.

I do believe he would beat Wanderlei because of size and match-up deficiency. Wanderlei was able to beat Mirko the first time around mostly because he outwrestled him. Mirko then developed one of the best sprawls and takedown defenses in MMA history.

I doubt someone who trains modern MMA these days would be likely to be taken down at will by Wanderlei.

No, he's actually right. Mirko is a much more developed and accomplished kickboxer than Alex has ever been. I don't really know where Alex's BJJ game stands.

I do believe he would beat Wanderlei because of size and match-up deficiency. Wanderlei was able to beat Mirko the first time around mostly because he outwrestled him. Mirko then developed one of the best sprawls and takedown defenses in MMA history.

I doubt someone who trains modern MMA these days would be likely to be taken down at will by Wanderlei.
To be fair I think Alex had a spell as arguably the #1 P4P kickboxer, at least the best in the higher weightclasses although it was arguably in a significantly weaker less organised era than Mirko's K-1 run but still Mirko never had a run as good as Alex in the late 2010's.

Its interesting that both have turned out to be well suited to MMA whilst being quite different technically, they do both share the ability to threaten fight ending counters at any point which I think is very important in MMA but Mirko I'd say works much more by controlling distance. I think its that latter aspect that really beat Wand in the 2nd fight, that match is an absolute masterclass of lateral movement which renders Silva's aggression almost totally ineffective.

To be fair I think Alex had a spell as arguably the #1 P4P kickboxer, at least the best in the higher weightclasses although it was arguably in a significantly weaker less organised era than Mirko's K-1 run but still Mirko never had a run as good as Alex in the late 2010's.

Its interesting that both have turned out to be well suited to MMA whilst being quite different technically, they do both share the ability to threaten fight ending counters at any point which I think is very important in MMA but Mirko I'd say works much more by controlling distance. I think its that latter aspect that really beat Wand in the 2nd fight, that match is an absolute masterclass of lateral movement which renders Silva's aggression almost totally ineffective.

Yeah, I just think the quality of competition at LHW in Kickboxing during Pereira's reign and run is very notably inferior compared to the non-Glory days (pun intended). Pereira has some incredible wins under his wing: Israel, Marcus, Vahtinov, Belgarouri... Wilnis and Marcus were very much past their primes when Pereira beat them.

Hard to compare with someone who beat Lebanner, Aerts, Hunt, Bonjasky, Sefo, Feitosa, Musashi, Bernardo, and Greco.

As opposed to MMA, kickboxing has regressed overall. K1 Max 2002-2008 still remains the holy grail of kickboxing imo: Petrosyan, Buakaw, Masato, Souwer, Sato, Zambidis, Kyshenko, Kraus...

Wanderlei is too small for modern day LHWs. The sport has evolved. Even Prime Fedor wouldn't have lasted more than 2 rounds against Pereira.
poatards are a different breed. if fedor was able to beat semmy schilt, who is poatan but just better....you really think poatan would decimate him

wandy loses, guys....he's a legend but poatan's reach and striking is too much for him, his uncontrallable speed makes him too vulnerable to get hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back