Prior to UFC 248: EVERY Romero fight have been BANGERS... whereas Adesanya

[QUOTE="

Not sure if UFC sees him as their next cash cow... news came out today where Danna said Zhang Weili is going to be getting the same push to superstardom as the UFC did for McConner and Rousey. No mention of Adesanya gonna get the same love.

actually the feeling I got is that Dana thinks Costa is going to be the next cash cow

kept mentioning how the winner of that fight is going to come out as a superstar and how he knows for sure costa will never be a boring fight

dana : he beat us yoels leg badly, you’ll prolly see him get carried in or hobble in here soon

20 minutes later yoel is salsa dancing when asked about his leg
So you think Romero wouldn't try to supress his pain as good as he can because he was salty?
LoneGentleAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

yoelsleg.png
Those leg kicks were as flush as it gets. A few more and Romero would've been crawling inside the cage.

So you think Romero wouldn't try to supress his pain as good as he can because he was salty?
LoneGentleAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

View attachment 744213
Those leg kicks were as flush as it gets. A few more and Romero would've been crawling inside the cage.

didn’t do anything he literally jumping up and down in the 5th

only reason they got any mention was that literally nothing else was happening

both jj and zhangs legs were beat up
20x worse

Has had some of the most PUTRID fights against opponents tailor made for his style: Marvin Vetorri, Brad Tavares, 50 year old Anderson...

The UFC is doing all they can do make him their next cash cow and he can’t deliver.

Discuss these FACTS Sherbros.

<JonesLaugh>
The Brad Tavares fight was a pretty good fight from Adesanya.

Vettori being tailor-made for Israel? Not really. (He wasn't robbed either)

The Anderson fight wasn't exactly violent or a beating, but he won that decisively as well.

I guess his fights against Gastelum, Brunson and especially Whittaker don't exist to you, as they'd not fit your hater/troll narrative.

Adesanya's kickboxing career is a glorious thing to watch, as well as majority of his MMA fights. He stands there and bangs

On the other hand, every Romero fight is a snoozer until he explodes. Rockhold fight is an evidence of it.

Fighters are not obliged to entertain.

Go watch WWE for that shit.

>Fighters are not obligated to entertain

Yeah, but they’re obligated to FIGHT. Adesanya did none of that last Saturday.

You don’t have to be “Just Bleed” BUT anyone defending performances like that, is not a fan of the sport... you just have a man crush on a particular fighter.

didn’t do anything he literally jumping up and down in the 5th

only reason they got any mention was that literally nothing else was happening

both jj and zhangs legs were beat up
20x worse
He's clearly reacting to those leg kicks and the swelling on the leg tells that story as well.

By your logic Joanna and Zhang were not hurt at all, since they still pushed the pace and continued to punch each other in the face.

He's clearly reacting to those leg kicks and the swelling on the leg tells that story as well.

By your logic Joanna and Zhang were not hurt at all, since they still pushed the pace and continued to punch each other in the face.

all of other were clearly effected by the leg kicks

this was however no means a aldo/faber type of fight that izzy / dana are trying to make it seem

he just had no other offense either for the leg kick

all of other were clearly effected by the leg kicks

this was however no means a aldo/faber type of fight that izzy / dana are trying to make it seem

he just had no other offense either for the leg kick
No, they were not?

Those were flush and sharp kicks that Adesanya landed.

Yoel on the other hand, couldn't even make Israel's nose bleed or bust his face up a bit:
Afterthegastelumfight.jpg
Wait... wrong image...

Here we go:
adesanyasface.jpg

2 counter strikers in a championship fight..

unfortunately Israel came out early prior to the fight and said Yoel will stand there and wait for the counter. He said he was aware of Yoel’s style and would be the first to finish him as he knows what to expect.

Yoel then did what Israel predicted but Israel felt what it’s like to be too arrogant prior to a fight then not meet expectations. He then blames Yoel for fighting the way he expected him to fight ‍♂️

I think Israel can be champ for a long time to come but he needs to quit the crap that he says.

No, they were not?

Those were flush and sharp kicks that Adesanya landed.

Yoel on the other hand, couldn't even make Israel's nose bleed or bust his face up a bit:
View attachment 744221
Wait... wrong image...

Here we go:
View attachment 744223
regardless of how you scored it ,
most significant shot of night was clearly Yoels however right in the first what had izzy grabbing at his eye

Has had some of the most PUTRID fights against opponents tailor made for his style: Marvin Vetorri, Brad Tavares, 50 year old Anderson...

The UFC is doing all they can do make him their next cash cow and he can’t deliver.

<JonesLaugh>
Every fight Romero is in is only entertaining because his opponents come after him.

He, as a whole, is one of the most boring fighters in the UFC

If he doesn't land one big killshot, his offense is next to non-existent.

I don't find anything about this guy exciting, outside of seconds here and there in EVERY fight he's ever been in.

Well, yeah, i'm not gonna disagree here.

I think izzy won with those leg kicks and the fact that romero literally did nothing in response

however , I do think they’re being completely overhyped by the rogan , dana, and izzy just because he literally did nothing else

The Brad Tavares fight was a pretty good fight from Adesanya.

Vettori being tailor-made for Israel? Not really.

The Anderson fight wasn't exactly violent or a beating, but he won that decisively as well.

I guess his fights against Gastelum, Brunson and especially Whittaker don't exist to you, as they'd not fit your hater/troll narrative.

Lol what narrative you oversensitive woman???

1. I was ROOTING for Adesanya prior to the fight. And have many times before.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ught-any-refined-strikers-in-the-ufc.4023605/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...esanya-mops-whittaker-in-a-few-hours.4024199/

2. YOU on the other hand push a narrative, look at all your desperate posts to defend a pathetic performance. You’re not a fan of the sport, you just have a man crush on Izzy.

3. The FACT that you’re pushing those weak leg kick gifs as some defense for Adesanya let’s me know you’re completely ignorant on the sport. You’ve never bothered to take a formal striking class in your life or even bothered to watch fight analysis. Those “legs kicks” we’re WEAK due to big factors:

A) They were mostly slapping leg kicks with the foot because Izzy was too scared of Romero’s power to get in closer and land properly with the shin.

B) The ONLY proper ones he threw had absolutely NO hip swivel to them. No torque = No power. Adesanya was scared to get countered. He simply fought not to get KO’d.

Oh and lastly, I’ve haven’t disputed the Adesanya/Romero decision BECAUSE of the low quality of the fight.

Nice try buddy

<RawexDidThis1>

I think izzy won with those leg kicks and the fact that romero literally did nothing in response

however , I do think they’re being completely overhyped by the rogan , dana, and izzy just because he literally did nothing else
Well yeah, i agree with the first part.

I wouldn't say they're overhyped though. I know your opinion is different, but i really think that ~two more flush kicks into Yoel's thigh could've led to Adesanya finishing him.

Well yeah, i agree with the first part.

I wouldn't say they're overhyped though. I know your opinion is different, but i really think that ~two more flush kicks into Yoel's thigh could've led to Adesanya finishing him.

well that’s neither here or there - no point arguing

romero didn’t look bothered all at the presser - we’ve seen guys come out previously who we’re really bothered by those kicks literally being carried or hobbling like dana said / was expecting

Adesanya's kickboxing career is a glorious thing to watch, as well as majority of his MMA fights. He stands there and bangs

On the other hand, every Romero fight is a snoozer until he explodes. Rockhold fight is an evidence of it.

Fighters are not obliged to entertain.

Go watch WWE for that shit.

9sLQ-IWKgWytxNzITMY9g_dGfemWif9D-EFIG766lipJKCc7CAQ-pwI7kO73OOqRlOEtYj0eekxFT9mipo2ta_jQL8UJc_26M46NEPA0q-YiMY3yHUDBsvzjBw505Cf0gnngwcTZ2yyVRFX_MA3WSMMJAL9H

Adensaya lost 2 times against a failed boxer and Romeros brother is a boxer

<DCWhoa>

Lol what narrative you oversensitive woman???
The narrative that Adesanya doesn't deliver, despite fighting guys that are allegedly tailor-made for him, like Vettori, Mr. Ad Hominem.
This seems mostly like threads to bash Robert Whittaker, who you also have been talking down when he pulled out of the fight for what seems to be donating bone marrow to his daughter.
2. YOU on the other hand push a narrative, look at all your desperate posts to defend a pathetic performance. You’re not a fan of the sport, you just have a man crush on Izzy.
Well, i'm a big Adesanya fan, no point denying that, however i'm a fan of the sport as well.
I agree that that fight was not exciting and frustrating to watch, i'm just saying that Adesanya did what he had to do to win and it's hard to blame him, although his talk pre-fight adimittedly seems stupid now.
3. The FACT that you’re pushing those weak leg kick gifs as some defense for Adesanya let’s me know you’re completely ignorant on the sport. You’ve never bothered to take a formal striking class in your life or even bothered to watch fight analysis. Those “legs kicks” we’re WEAK due to big factors:

A) They were mostly slapping leg kicks with the foot because Izzy was too scared of Romero’s power to get in closer and land properly with the shin.

B) The ONLY proper ones he threw had absolutely NO hip swivel to them. No torque = No power. Adesanya was scared to get countered. He simply fought not to get KO’d.
Interesting.
So, first of all, i have training experience in mixed martial arts, have watched countless fight-analyses and i'd say i know a few things about MMA.

Oh and, you can talk about Adesanya not having enough hip-rotation and hitting too much with his instep all you want, the kicks were affecting Romero, and this is pretty visible in that "weak" gif and the swelling on Yoel's leg tells that story as well.
Oh and lastly, I’ve haven’t disputed the Adesanya/Romero decision BECAUSE of the low quality of the fight.

Nice try buddy
Not every fight can or will be a slugfest, like it or not and as much as you're disliking Adesanya for that performance, he sacrificed less of his longevity as a fighter for having a W against Romero on his record than the guy you have a crush for (which i don't even really care about, just using the wording you're using all the time on others, on you).

@Ironnik94 you don’t have to be in love with a fighter to properly assess them. Regardless of forum banter I’m first a supporter of the sport over any individual fighter, therefore I REFUSE not to call out a pathetic performance when I see one... Adesanya had one last Saturday. That’s wasn’t a Championship caliber fight. There’s no denying that.

Oh and for anyone calling me a “troll” or “Adesanya hater”, I’d run LAPS (no Izzy pun intended) around most people on this forum when it comes to knowledge on the sport.

Look at this SPOT ON fight analysis:

Has Adesanya fought anyone with Whits striking in MMA?

The answer is maybe... Kelvin is not as versatile as Whit on the feet but what he doesn’t have in versatility he MORE than makes up for with cleaner Boxing and the threat of the Takedown to keep opponents like Adesanya honest.

Granted neither guy will have to worry about the other guys grappling so it will open up their striking much more... this unusual for both opponents as far as their MMA careers go however I believe it holds a bigger advantage for Adesanya. His arsenal will open up. And I think he’s got more tools to free up than Whit.

True. Another thing I didn’t point out is that this will be the FIRST time at MW that Bobby Knux gives up one of his most significant advantages: SPEED.

Wonderboy wasn’t there anytime Whit fired... I don’t think Adesanya will be either and that’s where Knux has issues, precise counters.

Robert is too reliant on his chin and is giving up his biggest advantage in this fight: SPEED.

Along with endurance it’s the reason he went up to MW... pair that with the fact that he’s not a good offensive grappler, not a good formula against Adesanya.

Bobby will get slept after accumulative damage and Adesanya will face off with the Eraser.

<JonesLaugh>
Adesanya had 2 fights that were lack luster....Romeros fight wasnt a banger because he chose to do nothing threatening to try and take the title from Adesanya. Not his fault. Izzy tried to get him to fight by dishing out leg kicks and some jabs but Romero wanted to brawl. Thats not his style. People wanted Izzy to risk possibly losing his title by coming out of his comfort zone and style and make it a brawl?

Anderson was semi-competitive and was glad to see the fight end that way.

Adesanya has had a super short time in the UFC and had already won many fights en route to become champion, that is impressive.
Anderson Silva became a huge star arguable one of the GOATS. However, had some shit shows like Demian Maia, Thales Leites, was hated by the masses for doing so and then went on a killing spree.

Israel is just fine in my opinion its the challenger who was gifted another one of numerous title shots coming off of two losses and did absolutely nothing with that chance. 5 rounds to take out the champion who by right really doesnt need to do anything but not lose his belt and he did just that.

Back