Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danes doing what Danes do, drink and talk shit

23558d99-4b2a-4e9f-bb76-d6edc1a9a261

I remember going to the tour years ago. There was a load of Danish fans next to us, they had a camper van and had set up a disco outside. They were going mental, all of them were mortal drunk and having the best time.

We asked them who they were here to see. We didn’t need to ask, every single one of them followed Jacob Fuglsang up the road when he passed. They didn’t come back for 10/15 minutes. They must have followed him about 1k or so up Alp D’Huez. Good, good times

Rodolpho Massi didn't win the polka dots? I mean he was cleaning up in one of those 90s Tour de Dope.

edit: I just googled it. LOL

he was leading the polka dots and 7th overall in the tour in 1998, until his room was raided and he got caught with the goods. He was kicked out before Paris.
<WellThere>

In 1998 Rodolpho Massi was blitzing the tour mountains.

images

Until stage 16 when the cops raided his hotel room and found a lot of drugs. IIRC he was a major trafficker of doping products, not just a customer.

Massi, who has denied taking drugs, initially refused to submit a test sample, but subsequently relented.

The results are not expected until September.

"They were substances perfectly legal in Italy. He therefore hadn't tried to hide them," Mr Vinsonneau said.

the world championship road race looks like total ass. two climbs at 180 to go and then loops of Glasgow (avoid the heroin needles) and each lap has 35m of climbing.

WTF? A course designed for Mario Cipolini?

It is for the punchy bois, dont know really how tight those turns are. Probably lots of accelerations needed per lap and the "climb" looks like pretty steep one. I give RrRrRRRrRrRemco only 11% chance of winning.

I missed the vuelta last year because of some personal events that were going on. I’m gonna watch it over cause I just want to see evenepoel and how that all went.

if you can’t tell im very excited for this years race

Ayuso looks like he is dying at the back of the chasing group, I think he crashed few days ago.

Bit over 10km to go and Remco better drop Bilbao on the climb or he is going to get dropped or crash out on the descent. Lead group: Remco, Bilbao and Vlasov. Chase has no chance.

Djw7LwmXsAEbPVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back