Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit. This thing is going off. MvdP not where I would want him.

Hmmmm.

That Axel Laurence attack doesn't look so good now. Laurence an Dillier are basically done for the day.

Race will be decided at 60k to go. Kwaremont, Paterberg and teh killer of the Koppenberg. Everything else is a set up. The top of the Koppenberg will have just a few riders (I'm guessing).

Very much looks like this is it, MvdP simply riding away. Not even having to throw an attack

Total domination.

Dare I say boring Flanders. Everything just favoured MvdP before and during the race, even Garcia Cortina fumbling favoured MvdP lol

Morgado 5th and Sheffield 6th, very impressive.

Leased a wrong bike there mate (van Baarle's bike)

GKAVgf3WcAApI8L

Womens race was good, shame it did not start a few minutes earlier.

Dare I say boring Flanders. Everything just favoured MvdP before and during the race, even Garcia Cortina fumbling favoured MvdP lol

Morgado 5th and Sheffield 6th, very impressive.
There was no mystery the last 18km but it was still entertaining. You want boring? Go back to the 80s and watch a RvV on YouTube. 11 Belgian and Dutch riders all wheel sucking Kelly, Bauer and Lemond.

Extremely strong startlist at Tour of Basque country starting today with an ITT.

Vingegaard, REMCO, Roglic, Ayuso, McNulty, Kuss, Landa, Hindley, Skjelmose and more.
Young guns to watch for too: Del Toro, Gregoire, Vauquelin, Onley, Lecerf Jr.

I predict REMCO taking the leaders jersey today by a small marging and holding it until the final stage when JONOS VINGEGÅ takes it. Ayuso could be the suprise today.

edit. stage profiles, easier than usual edition this year.

GKEMU5tWQAAcS5q

Last edited:
Roglic TT domination despite taking a wrong turn. Roglic has +50 watts in Spain.

Broadcast started after just about every single main GC rider had already finished.

Pidcock crashed out from the race during TT recon.

Remco crashed too, during the actual TT tho

Last edited:
Missed it.
I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Sprint stage today, lots of Michael Matthews stages this year.
Maybe Ineos can get their first world tour level victory today with Hayter. Who they sent out last on a TT he actually had a bigger than slim chance of winning, god damn the team is a mess

Dangerous stage with slippery roads as rain fell. Nothing really for GC guys to gain but everything to lose.

And Hindley, Vine, Buitrago, Hayter, Geogganhart, Gregoire lost what little chances they had.

what a snoozer. How can you even make Itzulia boring?!

Paris-Roubaix now with chicanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back