Props to Jones but Gane was a disaster last night should get rid of lopez

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Why gane didn't put pressure on jones? Because of wrestling? he fought like a fcking scared chicken moving moving around letting jones a guy well known to not have knockout power dictate the fight wtf was that.

Props to jones he is the best but man Gane was terrible he pooped his pants, he showed no blood no pride nothing what a disaster and I'm tired of his stupid nice personality
sorry guys thats all

Gane had a different look in his eyes for this fight, and I don't mean the post-submission face.

He just looked terrified. I think he was beaten before he stepped into that octagon.
totally man, and it was so obvious when he said in the interview during weigh in ceremony: "If I win the fight" so the guy wasn't even sure to get the w

yeah but now we have to wait and watch Bones vs ancient Miocic and then retire before facing a young hw prospect
Maybe. How maybe fights is JJ's current contract for? I'm not sure who's really going to be a danger to him at this point. Stipe could make something happen, but yeah, he's old. Maybe Pavlovich?

Do Jones vs Stipe and Pavlovich vs someone else and put the winners together.

They need to keep Gane away from Sergei and Blaydes. Not because they are going to slaughter him. It's Gane might ruin their title shot. Blaydes can't take another loss. He is one of those guys who wins a few and gets into a good streak then he gets slept in an eliminator for the title.

Gane has very limited experience fighting wrestlers and grapplers. He is used to prototypical HW brawlers that he can use his technical striking against. Staying upright needed to be his main focus early when they were dry and Jones still had full cardio. Jones was just too fast in his pursuit and pressure for Gane to use his footwork to avoid the floor. His TDD from the clinch is subpar. Jones just had to get a hold of him and it was a wrap.

Why gane didn't put pressure on jones? Because of wrestling? he fought like a fcking scared chicken moving moving around letting jones a guy well known to not have knockout power dictate the fight wtf was that.

Props to jones he is the best but man Gane was terrible he pooped his pants, he showed no blood no pride nothing what a disaster and I'm tired of his stupid nice personality
sorry guys thats all
Gane was never a pressure fighter. He has always been weak on the inside. That's always been his problem. That's why he point fights and always dances around on the outside instead. Gane doesn't lead he tries to counter and dance around on the outside. He's very similar to Izzy's fighting style.

Lopez got him to the title fight twice. He does not need to dump him but he definitely needs to introduce both new grappling coaches and training partners
Yeah and he lost twice. At some point you have to realize what your coaches are lacking. They can't teach you what they don't know and they can't train you for what they don't understand.

Gane has very limited experience fighting wrestlers and grapplers. He is used to prototypical HW brawlers that he can use his technical striking against. Staying upright needed to be his main focus early when they were dry and Jones still had full cardio. Jones was just too fast in his pursuit and pressure for Gane to use his footwork to avoid the floor. His TDD from the clinch is subpar. Jones just had to get a hold of him and it was a wrap.
Nah Gane blew it completely. Jones footwork wasn't fast, he was actually slow. Gane just had horrible shot selection and strategy/tactics for a fighter that was obviously trying to close distance to clinch and/or go for a takedown attempt.

Maybe. How maybe fights is JJ's current contract for? I'm not sure who's really going to be a danger to him at this point. Stipe could make something happen, but yeah, he's old. Maybe Pavlovich?

Do Jones vs Stipe and Pavlovich vs someone else and put the winners together.

what I read was 8 fight contract.

Jon Jones has revealed that his latest UFC contract involves eight fights, starting with his heavyweight title bout against Ciryl Gane in March. Jones is set to return to the Octagon at UFC 285 after three years away, taking on Gane with the vacant heavyweight belt on the line.

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/1/15/...ight-contract-heavyweight-dana-white-espn-mma

To be fair it was a 2 minute fight. I think he was planning for a longer fight.

If he's serious about his mma career, he needs to get some serious grapplers to co-train him.. Lopez seems to be providing a bit of grappling strategy, that's not his area of expertise.

Back