Psychedelics

I recently tried mushrooms first time ever and tried 2 G and went for a little walk to look at the Christmas lights on Christmas night and I think I went insane a little bit there was too many lights and I felt this sickness come over me I thought I was dying and then I hit under my blankets and then my wife's Diamond painting was trying to attack me or it was moving around the room all crazy I met her in the party garage and I had to smoke weed to calm down but the important thing is I didn't ruin Christmas but it wasn't as fun as I was hoping it would be haven't really done much of it since like supermarketosis and I still don't really get it
Do you know what variety you took though?

2G is about a normal dose of cubes - if you took 2G of pans then you will probably be in for a rough ride.

I think one of my most insane deep into the rabbit hole trips I have ever done was 120G (of fresh) stones made into a tea. That shit was beyond next level.

2g of mushrooms is a solid dose especially for your first time, being up and out in the world would likely be overwhelming for most people.

The best way to take mushrooms is in silent darkness, at least for the first few hours.
Well I did micro doses before like a quarter gram etc just never felt much

Do you know what variety you took though?

2G is about a normal dose of cubes - if you took 2G of pans then you will probably be in for a rough ride.

I think one of my most insane deep into the rabbit hole trips I have ever done was 120G (of fresh) stones made into a tea. That shit was beyond next level.
It was in a chocolate bar from reserve

I owe a huge debt to psychedelics, both with the direct insights I've had through them, and leading me to meditation and the dharma. In fact, anyone who meditates owes a debt to psychedelics, as the meditation movement in the west largely exists due to westerners voyaging to the east looking for people who understood the states of mind one has access to while on pspsychedelics.
I think thats a stretch...they came hand in hand in a big way in the 60's its true but meditation was coming anyway. Just look at the all pervasiveness of mindfulness now, there was no stopping it.
The synergy is quite something though.

Last edited:
I did a few psychedelics in my early 20's (mushrooms 4-5 times, LSD also 4-5 times). Then didn't do it again until my early 30's. Then didn't do it again until just last fall.

Since then, I've done 3 mushroom trips. Good times. 2g of APE got me extremely buzzed/high. Not high enough to see any visual hallucinations, but enough to feel good and have a really good time. Saw my favorite band on back to back nights in October on shrooms, then my wife and I just did them randomly on a Saturday night at the beginning of February.

Probably won't be doing LSD any time soon, but I'm definitely down for more mushroom sometime in the near future.

Once or twice a year I'll take a weekend all for myself, go into the woods with some shrooms, tobacco and some water. I've had some beautiful experiences over the years. Way back in my teenage years buddy of mine and I had some real horror trips on LSD and I've never taken it ever since.

I never did any drugs except alcohol and then drank ayahuasca 3 times. A bit of an eye opener.

1st time was ecstasy, 2nd was good and a little scary. Third time I went to hell and got tortured and thought I legit went insane for a while. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.
Ayahuasca is not always the happy learning experience people often say it is.
Sometimes they put datura (the devils trumpet plant) in it. In short, datura will make you see and converse with demon like beings. I can fully understand why old witches in the past used it.

Top tier:

Mescaline is my #1 ... then
LSD
Psilocybin mushrooms
MDMA
DXM (highly under rated imo)

2nd tier

DMT
Anamita Muscaria mushrooms
Ketamine*

bottom tier:

salvia
25nBom-C

Mescaline is the best.
It has all the euphoria and hallucinogenic potency to rival LSD but it can be made 100% naturally with no chemicals whatsoever and something about the organic purity makes it the most spiritually connected experience for me.

I also love that you can remain entirely lucid and cogniscent, with full control of your behavior and mannerisms, thus allowing for the possibility of safely enjoying the experience without paranoia or much fear of having to avoid anyone. I generally feel fine being in public places, I have taken it for music gigs and didn't have any issues forgetting chord progressions, arrangement details or riffs, but had a significant boost in energy, creativity and connection to the music.

Last thing I love about mescaline is that I can make it myself and as such I don't require to trust any shady drug dealers or have to worry about rolling the dice and not knowing what quality or potency to expect.

Last edited:
I love all that shit, haven't done anything other than mushrooms, in over 15 years. I wish I could still find that good quality shit

We used to get a good steady supply of LSD in gel tab form back in the 90's.

The MDMA was so pure in those days, double stacked actually meant a double dose, not just a bigger pill form with one dose

Candy flipping or as we used to call it, trolling, was so much fun

It all went away around 2000, and haven't seen those gel tabs or those quality pills again since

I love all that shit, haven't done anything other than mushrooms, in over 15 years. I wish I could still find that good quality shit

We used to get a good steady supply of LSD in gel tab form back in the 90's.

The MDMA was so pure in those days, double stacked actually meant a double dose, not just a bigger pill form with one dose

Candy flipping or as we used to call it, trolling, was so much fun

It all went away around 2000, and haven't seen those gel tabs or those quality pills again since
That gel acid was awesome.

I got it in two occasions and both times I bought up as much as I could afford.

Panama City spring break 1999.

They were hexagon shaped gel that looked similar to a honeycomb from a bee's nest. Green if my memory serves me correct after all these years. They were easily twice as strong as your average paper acid in that time period and didn't have that strychtnine grimey feeling paper tabs would give me, that weird neck feeling or whatever, if you know you know. They kicked in clean and felt a bit more pure.

We had brought a lot of weed and X pills, good ones since I had several friends/roommates dealing at that point, but LSD was my favorite and I managed to sniff out/conjure up the acid guy, first or second day of the trip, which was perfect. I think I bought 50 and did about 20 of them myself that week and shared the rest with friends.

Fucking amazing time.
Chicks, beer, acid, clubs and music, beaches... fucking paradise.

I danced my ass off all week, kissed a bunch of chicks and got a nasty case of mono, but a guy in my fraternity was a phenomenal artist and he managed to photoshop my doctors note for mono and made it a resource for our fraternity members that actually served many many people well for probably a few years.

I got in an argument with one of Panama City's Boys in blue. He threatened to arrest me for "doing that dancing shit in his streets" I told him it wasn't illegal to dance and then continued dancing to no music aside from the glorious symphony in my head at probably 10am.

Tried shrooms a few times in my youth and decided that me and psychedelics don't get along. Maybe I was in the wrong mindset or time in my life, but it took me to some really dark places where I was not having a fun time at all, it was like an indescribably warped version of my nightmares. I've thought about trying it again now that I'm in a good place in life, but I won't lie, it legitimately scares the hell out of me.

you cited a 2012 bbc article, citing a 1960 study.

since then, a lot more work has been done on the therapeutic potential of classical psychedelics.

in particular, psilocybin (i.e. from shrooms) has been shown to have a lot of real potential for treatment of multiple psychiatric disorders with one or two guided treatments.

Last edited:
Tried shrooms a few times in my youth and decided that me and psychedelics don't get along. Maybe I was in the wrong mindset or time in my life, but it took me to some really dark places where I was not having a fun time at all, it was like an indescribably warped version of my nightmares. I've thought about trying it again now that I'm in a good place in life, but I won't lie, it legitimately scares the hell out of me.
I can relate man...

My first mushroom trip was way less than fun - in fact it went sideways in ways I never knew possible. And some of my biggest zingers after have been on shrooms. The LSD comeup almost feels more crispy and intense and I have had a good handful of 'bad trips' on cid, but they still pale in comparison to the complete mindfuckery and CEVs (closed eye visuals) that shrooms tend to deliver.

Back