pulling a weighted sled

Raiman

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't want my conditioning to interfere with my strength training. How often can/should I pull a sled?

Pendlay's MMA routine has you do a 10 minute cardio workout after the main strength training. You could do it like that, or since it's pretty easy to recover from you can do an AMlifting PM sled session or really any combo that gives you enough time to recover.

i do it 2x week and do mini circuits 3x a week on top of my strength program and i dont think its interupted my training as im still going forward. i asy just give it a try and ul be able to tell when its wearing you out

Yea sled pulls arent hard to recover from, and are awesome ofcourse. I pull 2x pw, sometime heavy 20m sometimes 300m.

For sure what to do when the snow hits MN? Power through or try some different.

just ask yourself...what would Dan do?

NeverLetGo-front-300.jpg

For sure what to do when the snow hits MN? Power through or try some different.

Find a hill, get a plastic sled, load that with weights, and then run uphill dragging the sled. Prepare to wish for death now, because that is what you will feel like. The incline will more than compensate for the reduced friction of the snow, plus it is like doing a hill sprint and a sled pull at the same time. Fuck your legs right now lol.

Find a hill, get a plastic sled, load that with weights, and then run uphill dragging the sled. Prepare to wish for death now, because that is what you will feel like. The incline will more than compensate for the reduced friction of the snow, plus it is like doing a hill sprint and a sled pull at the same time. Fuck your legs right now lol.

how do you keep the weights in the sled going up hill? should i use bags of salt or something? i suppose it doenst have to be up hill either?

how do you keep the weights in the sled going up hill? should i use bags of salt or something? i suppose it doenst have to be up hill either?

I did this last year with my daughter. She stayed on pretty well and every time I slowed down she yelled "GO FASTER DADDY!!!"

I'm more worried about the fucking cold not the snow itself. Although the snow gets deep after a couple of weeks of accumulation. And if there was a hill in my area to sprint up I wouldn't have gotten a sled. I think I'm not gonna puss out and just do what I gotta do.

They have sleds made for toddlers with a backrest on them, get one of those. Can easily hold 35lb standard plates up to 4 high. Or just grab sandbags like people throw in their truck bed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back