Punches in the clinch

That is a muy thai fight, with boxing gloves on, obviously knees/elbows are going to dominate, especially with no risk of td, if you do go down, or end up in double unders the fight will be reset on the feet at distance.

Plenty of MMA fights have been finished by punches in the clinch, i don't feel it necessary to Google and post examples.

Im also not desputing the effectiveness of knees and elbows, just letting everyone know that it would be foolish to neglect an important part of clinch fighting, punching.

ok, ill give you that, but i think silva did a good job of showing how the MT clinch still dominates body shots even in MMA. I think the only risk is the takedown as you have mentioned.

Worth nothing that in pro boxing, punches to the opponents face in the clinch does not award you any points even though all judges allow it. If you go through round 1 with no clean shots to your opponent apart from in the clinch, it does not register in the offical ruling or stats in the fight. This despite the fact that it's perfectly legal to punch your way out of a clinch.

I think this is wrong. If a boxer is continually dominant in a clinch, it should be recognized in some way. But it's not.

Worth nothing that in pro boxing, punches to the opponents face in the clinch does not award you any points even though all judges allow it. If you go through round 1 with no clean shots to your opponent apart from in the clinch, it does not register in the offical ruling or stats in the fight. This despite the fact that it's perfectly legal to punch your way out of a clinch.

I think this is wrong. If a boxer is continually dominant in a clinch, it should be recognized in some way. But it's not.
It'll get recognized when they ktfo of someone.

you guys read that wrong. your supposed to do what the guy in the black shorts is doing. its basically a muay thai pull followed with a punch. or am i reading it wrong? it looks like clinch him, spin him, push and punch.

Oh you guys...

Last edited:
Back