Movies Punk gangs from 80s movies

Not so much in NY. There were plenty of punks going around but I don't remember any actual gangs of them. There was definitely a scene in LA. Bands like Suicidal Tendencies came out of that.
Is it true that Italians hated punks like in the movie summer of sam?

I always noticed that in movies when I was a kid, i grew up in a gang infested area but none of em looked like that

Punk gangs were huge in the 80s but got into it with zombies and were later nuked out of existence. Their tales only live on as myths

Is it true that Italians hated punks like in the movie summer of sam?

I think it was just anyone who stood out. Punks, hippies, it didn't matter. The only ones who seemed to get a pass were the latino street gangs. Probably due to them always moving round in numbers, and it was all for one if an outsider attacked any of them.

- This was my gang in the 80's!

R.f9ce811a9cf9825cd614a2371da63412

Suburbia was a LA punk movie from early/mid 80's, not necessarily a gang movie but pretty close.

Young punks were more busy at school causing problems for the teacher

I grew up hanging out with punks, they drank a lot and commited a good deal of vandalism towards richer people's shit, also they would throw down (defending themselves usually). But they never, never mugged anyone. They were more interested in morals than most people.

Was this actually a real thing? Would people dressed like this actually go around killing people and committing crimes?

13502892_10154187491501963_774907970738390349_o.jpg

8723_5.jpg

not in my neck of the woods and the ones who did were just imitating what they saw in shitty movies like The Warriors. Other places like LA and NY City were probably different. It was also just a theme a lot of people liked because human beings have always had a fear of strangers or different tribes. Last night I watched Cobra, the Stallone movie and it's a pile of steaming crap and you could see just how much it copied the dirty harry films with lines like "you're the disease and I'm the cure".

if you're talking about the "punks" and New Wave kids, most of those weren't violent in my experience, just kids being kids and doing the latest thing thinking it was edgy being into drugs or gay sex. None of those kids dress like that today of course.

TBH growing up in Montreal the only gangs I have seen were ethnic gangs. I noticed the same thing in western Europe. Come at me but it is what it is.

not in my neck of the woods and the ones who did were just imitating what they saw in shitty movies like The Warriors. Other places like LA and NY City were probably different. It was also just a theme a lot of people liked because human beings have always had a fear of strangers or different tribes. Last night I watched Cobra, the Stallone movie and it's a pile of steaming crap and you could see just how much it copied the dirty harry films with lines like "you're the disease and I'm the cure".

if you're talking about the "punks" and New Wave kids, most of those weren't violent in my experience, just kids being kids and doing the latest thing thinking it was edgy being into drugs or gay sex. None of those kids dress like that today of course.

How dare you, The Warriors was not a shitty movie, u asshole

How dare you, The Warriors was not a shitty movie, u asshole
It was dumber than hell but I know a lot of teens loved it but that's because teens are dumber than hell. Can you dig it!!!!

also, the bad guys in those movies were over the top, sweaty, crazed, drooling at the mouths, it's a really manipulative thing for a filmaker to do to his audience, I guess it worked.

But the greasers we're actually realistic right? Like their actually were white gangs in 60s or 50s or whatever that actually did look and act like that. The punk gang thing seems completely unrealistic to me lol. I mean I wasn't around in the 80s but when I was in highschool in the 2000s punks were more like blink 182, good Charlotte types. Definitely not intimidating or threatening at all

You gotta go back to the 70s New York City for the real gangs, check out this documentary trailer.

You don't wanna mess with the Supreme Bachelor's!

large_Perry_Kretz_4.jpg

Back