PWD 192 : Brock as babyface = WIN!!!

Max Power

Got The Touch
Platinum Member
Reaction score
m76v5y.png

Rules

-Do not come here and tell us what we are discussing and/or watching is gay/fake. We don't care. A lot of people don't care. We love it and we'll keep watching the shows and we'll talk about it here.

-There will be a lot of arguing starting from post #2 to post #1000 like any other thread. We are passionate. Sometimes we disagree with each other but at the end of the day, we all laugh at gifs/videos/quotes from our favorite performers all throughout pro wrestling history.

-You can also be a pro wrestling fan if you are into MMA. Major MMA organizations around the world have borrowed tricks from pro wrestling to get people tuned in. Pro wrestling is legit, choreographed along with a great story. Actual physical contact happens. Chair shots, steel steps bumps, table breaks and other crazy spots are real.

-Name calling of other posters is allowed but referring to them as idiots, trolls or morons (we all are in our own way, we don't need to be reminded) will not be tolerated. We want to maintain a friendly vibe in here.

-Talking about performers that have passed away is fine, but let's respect their families' privacy by not discussing how they died or what they have done in the past that caused their death. Unless it's REALLY funny.

-Post #1000 starts the next thread. If the poster of #1000 does not make a new thread within 10 minutes of his post, the poster of #1001 can make the next thread and so on.

Mascot:

Stacy769.gif

Theme:

Fixed it, it was a copy/paste issue from the previous thread.

Oh yeah, to add one little caveat:

NO POSTING OF POTENTIAL ROYAL RUMBLE SURPRISES WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ok-at-how-a-pro-wrestling-story-comes-to-life

Really interesting article about WrestleMania XXX, with quotes from HHH, Steph and Daniel Bryan, a lot of the so-called "burials" were seemingly Bryan's idea.

Brought this over from the previous thread.

You are really streching that idea. Read the article and it basically said that for the big matches the guys submit their ideas, decide what will and wont work and then Vince has the final say. I highly doubt Bryan for example came up with the idea of joining the Wyatt family for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Did Chono tell Owen to break Austin's neck?

Oh yeah, to add one little caveat:

NO POSTING OF POTENTIAL ROYAL RUMBLE SURPRISES WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS!!

This!

Or prepare to be open handed slapped by the largest arms in the world.

You are really streching that idea. Read the article and it basically said that for the big matches the guys submit their ideas, decide what will and wont work and then Vince has the final say. I highly doubt Bryan for example came up with the idea of joining the Wyatt family for no apparent reason whatsoever.

It wasn't for "no apparently reason". Bryan cut that promo when he joined saying that he was being lied to by the machine, and he had his eyes opened to what he really had to become.

On paper, it made sense, in timing and execution, it was horrendous.

Early Rumble Odds

Rumble Match:
Reigns -137
Bryan +210
Ziggler +700
Ambrose +900

WWE Title:
Brock -400
Cena +333
Rollins +900

Tag Titles:
Uso's -137
Miz and Mizdow -Even

Tag Match
Ascension -710(pretty surprised at this one honestly)
NAO +400

It wasn't for "no apparently reason". Bryan cut that promo when he joined saying that he was being lied to by the machine, and he had his eyes opened to what he really had to become.

On paper, it made sense, in timing and execution, it was horrendous.

Being lied to by the machine = means no other option but to join the Wyatt family? That's stupid. Not nearly a good enough reason. A top babyface joins the heel cult because he was lied to? Wouldn't a top babyface just make it his mission to kick the machines ass? The answer to that is of course ^YES^ ^YES^ ^YES^

tumblr_nigjsz1pru1srbyoyo2_400.gif

Brock was cheered loudly on Monday.

Being lied to by the machine = means no other option but to join the Wyatt family? That's stupid. Not nearly a good enough reason. A top babyface joins the heel cult because he was lied to? Wouldn't a top babyface just make it his mission to kick the machines ass? The answer to that is of course ^YES^ ^YES^ ^YES^

I don't think it was intended as a permanent thing. I think the plan was always to be join the Wyatt Family for a brief period of time to turn on them down the road, like an inverse to the Warrior/Jake storyline.

Not only that, I didn't say "everything" that was Bryan's idea.

Eh, the pay off to that story was one of the most insane "yes" chants on RAW ever.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Chant-Cage-Match-Wyatt-Bros.gif

It helped build up the Wyatt/Bryans match at the RR. And it was match of the night - keeping the fans fueled for the huge royal rumble catastrophe, which in turn helped Bryan be thrown into the mix.

I certainly don't think the whole angle was orchestrated like they would say it was. The fans had a HUGE part in giving DB his Wrestlemania moment.

He wasn't considered a top face by the company at the time and was booked to wrestle Sheamus at mania

Shit just got real.

That is why he is an A+ player and the MVP of WWE.

At the end of that Triple H video I thought to myself "damn it, it's only Wednesday". Can't remember last time I was this excited for a ppv.

He was on fire during that, the build for his match with sting at WM will probably be the best part about the road to wm. i doubt sting/H will let anyone have input, besides the other guy.

Your 2015 Royal Rumble Winner!!!

[YT]3DV0RHVteLs[/YT]

With how hot Torrie Wilson is, you forget the original Tori in the WWF, I thought she was hot too.

Sorry. I always thought she had a strange face, rocking body though.

Back