PWD 226: Hold Your Pee, It's Time For A Divas Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stairs to the ankle looked real as hell until I saw the replay. Brock hit the bottom step with the corner edge of the "steel but really aluminum" top step and BARELY missed the foot. Kane has some balls to do that stunt with the way Brock has been the last few weeks and must really trust Brock.

Raw was awesome. First time seeing Lesnar live and it was worth every penny, dude is just a superstar in every sense. I wanted a Heyman promo and a suplex out of the night and I got both so I was happy. Ambrose made the save in the dark match(Reigns vs Rollins) after Bray attacked RR so I did get to see more than just an entrance of him at least.

Divas segment was great but like a few others have said I'll get excited in a couple months if it's still hanging around. The divas division needs more than just talent, it needs an overhaul of character development and actual storylines. I'm not sure how the crowd came across on TV but it sounded a whole lot louder than last Raw in October. Biggest pops were 1. Cena(by far) 2. Brock 3.tied between Dean and Sasha Banks, she got a helluva reaction.

So I have been thinking of how I would unify the US and IC titles and the best way IMO is... a tournament of course.

18 people (16 for the brackets and each respective champ). 8 for an IC bracket and 8 for a US bracket. The winner of each 8 man bracket faces the US and IC champ respectively (who both gets automatic byes to the final four). the winners face off and unify the belts.

Have former World champs like Miz, Dolph, Orton, Sheamus, Henry, Show, Swagger and Jericho in there. Have former US and/or IC champs in there like Cesaro, Rusev, Ambrose and Barrett in there. Finally have guys in there like Neville, Owens, Wyatt and Reigns who have made a mark and are the "future".

Unify the belts with a stacked bracket like that and make a new belt with a new name to drive home the point. Call it the United-Continental title (like they did with the Euro-Continental title briefly with Angle).

Keep the weekly defenses like Cena is doing and keep the World title for rare, special defenses on Raw and PPVs only.

#BestForBusiness #ButtsInSeats #BBBDBookerMan

Raw was awesome. First time seeing Lesnar live and it was worth every penny, dude is just a superstar in every sense. I wanted a Heyman promo and a suplex out of the night and I got both so I was happy. Ambrose made the save in the dark match(Reigns vs Rollins) after Bray attacked RR so I did get to see more than just an entrance of him at least.

Divas segment was great but like a few others have said I'll get excited in a couple months if it's still hanging around. The divas division needs more than just talent, it needs an overhaul of character development and actual storylines. I'm not sure how the crowd came across on TV but it sounded a whole lot louder than last Raw in October. Biggest pops were 1. Cena(by far) 2. Brock 3.tied between Dean and Sasha Banks, she got a helluva reaction.

I was in Hampton when Brock first destroyed Henry. First thing I noticed was how MASSIVE Henry is. The second thing I noticed was how scary it was to see Brock toss him around the way he was. Brock live is amazing to see.

The weekly US Title challenge is one of the best things going right now. I love it. I actually like the name United Continental but I'd be more in favor of dropping the US title all together in the merger and it being just the Intercontinental

The weekly US Title challenge is one of the best things going right now. I love it. I actually like the name United Continental but I'd be more in favor of dropping the US title all together in the merger and it being just the Intercontinental

Problem with that is the US title is 10xs more that the IC title is right now and the WWE would never let an old NWA title override their original belt.

The US Open is the best thing on Raw each week by far. I have the feeling that Bryan was supposed to answer a Cena challenge for an eventual merger but those plans had to be scrapped obviously.

CJ1gbPmXAAEcDOH.jpg

Frank, you're slipping man.

I posted both those in the last thread.

There is room for both titles. Especially when they're running five hours of TV that showcases the main roster, plus PPVs. They just need to quit treating the champions like shit. I don't know why the champions losing in non-title matches became a trend. Once in while to set up a feud? Sure. Every goddamn week against just anyone? No.

It ain't rocket science, and I don't know why the WWE has had such a hard time figuring it out. I also think it's time to make some clear cut divisions, so fans can get familiar with the guys fighting for the belt. Take a page out of the UFC's playbook and seperate the wrestlers into divisions, and have the respective titles mean the world to those groups.

I was in Hampton when Brock first destroyed Henry. First thing I noticed was how MASSIVE Henry is. The second thing I noticed was how scary it was to see Brock toss him around the way he was. Brock live is amazing to see.

I couldn't believe how fast Big Show was when he was chasing Miz up the ramp. He had some moves.

There is room for both titles. Especially when they're running five hours of TV that showcases the main roster, plus PPVs. They just need to quit treating the champions like shit. I don't know why the champions losing in non-title matches became a trend. Once in while to set up a feud? Sure. Every goddamn week against just anyone? No.

It ain't rocket science, and I don't know why the WWE has had such a hard time figuring it out. I also think it's time to make some clear cut divisions, so fans can get familiar with the guys fighting for the belt. Take a page out of the UFC's playbook and seperate the wrestlers into divisions, and have the respective titles mean the world to those groups.

Breaking characters up into divisions doesn't even have to be so hard as weight limits or clear cut lines. Just look at what's being done with the US title. Last Monday they had Russev (previous challenger to Cena and previous US champ), Owens (current storyline feud with Cena) and Cesaro (currently a re-occurring challenger for the US championship) all involved in the chase for Cena/the US Championship, all for different reasons.

All that's required to form divisions is developed storylines that are held to over time. Combine that with (wait for it...) NOT having every champion in a match every show, so that sometimes the show can be about other characters and their storylines regarding their attempts to reach various titles, and everything suddenly makes a lot more sense.

The point to merge the US and IC belts was to make room for a CW title (thus making a division for the smaller guys).

The IC title has basically become worthless IMO. The US title is all that is necessary at this point.

The point to merge the US and IC belts was to make a CW title (thus making a division for the smaller guys).

I repeat, FIVE hours of TV plus PPVs. Just add a CW title. Half of RAW is filler bullshit anyways. Plenty of room for another title without scrapping one. I forgot though, booking sensible matches and storylines around a division is a lot tougher than tapping Wade Barrett on the shoulder and asking him to kill fifteen minutes wrestling R-Truth.

Again though, the IC title is basically worthless now and the US title serves the same purpose of it (and much better too). Just kill the IC title or merge it with the US title and use the extra time to further expand the Divas, Tag and make a CW division.

You're right though, WWE will probably just use the time to have more recaps and such...

AE WWE had time to have a HC, Euro, Womans, IC, Tag and World champ and they booked it all on a TWO hour Raw for a while lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back