PWD 272: I Love My Wrestling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current crop is far better than the Playboy days.

I don't watch Breaking Ground. I don't even watch NXT outside of the Takeover specials? Are any of the other "bitches" wrestling matches on TV? Where is the hypocrisy you're complaining of?
Carmella, Alexis Bliss, Dana Brook, Nia Jax and Emma are not better than Eva Marie, they just don't have the same scrutiny. That's the hypocrisy.

All have similar experience, all on NXT TV. None get shit on even half as much as Eva Marie.

Where is the hypocrisy? Who was calling for the other woman to be wrestling televised matches before they were ready?

Trish was a valet for more than a year before she started wrestling occasionally on TV, which is what the smartest Wastelanders (cheap plug) have been calling for them to do with Eva Marie. On top of that, WWE/NXT Divas/Women's divisions are more focused on actually talented wrestlers these days then when Trish was first starting to wrestle on TV, so Eva is being compared to Bayley, Asuka, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, etc. in terms of what a woman's wrestler is supposed to be, whereas Trish was coming in at a time when Steph had just been champion and was wrestling with against the likes of a green Lita, Stacy Kiebler, Torrie Wilson, etc. early on. If Eva Marie had been introduced when Kelly Kelly and Candice Michelle were wrestling for the title it'd be a different story.

Pretty much all of this.

There has never been any hypocrisy on my end because I was against all those women being used as wrestlers, too. Trish did suck at first, and I didn't like her, but she did get pretty good over time. Same with Lita, who at least had time to season in ECW before she was brought over. Kiebler and Wilson were always terrible. So were Sable, Kat, and Chyna. Point is, I never rooted for allegedly "hot" chicks who couldn't work to be utilized in place of the plethora of existing talent.

I'm also not sure how I, as you put it, levied a different set of standards based on anyone's looks. I just pointed out that, in addition to being objectively terrible in every way as an overall entertainer, your goofy broad also fails to inspire the physical reaction that most others seem to experience. Now if you want to support or defend her because she gives you the chubs, power to you. Out of the two of us, however, I only see one judging her entertainment value by the basis of how they feel about her looks, and it certainly isn't me.

Personally, I don't watch wrestling to attain arousal. Accordingly, I'd rather watch two fat, ugly heifers who can actually work than two girls who are truly hot to me (and again, Eva fails at even that modest goal) flop around, hurt each other, and insult my intelligence in the process.

EDIT: After re-reading some of what you wrote, I might have done the same exact thing as you did, which is jump to conclusions regarding your motives. You built a strawman argument over your misconception over why I was criticizing Eva Marie, and I apologize if I've responded in kind.

Carmella, Alexis Bliss, Dana Brook, Nia Jax and Emma are not better than Eva Marie, they just don't have the same scrutiny. That's the hypocrisy.

All have similar experience, all on NXT TV. None get shit on even half as much as Eva Marie.

Emma is, by far, the worst of that group. I've verbally shit on her many times in the past, and she still isn't half as awful as Eva Marie.

I'm going to need someone who watches NXT to weigh in on that. Like I said, I don't watch NXT, so I can't comment on whether they are as bad as Eva Marie. The only one I've seen wrestle is Emma who seems to have some matches that are pretty darn good and others that look like it's her first day. If you're saying Eva Marie gets hated on and they don't because she's hot, that's kind of confusing because Carmella is also hot and Bliss is even hotter than Eva Marie.

Nia Jax is terrible. Even as a big chick her offense all looks soft.

I'm going to need someone who watches NXT to weigh in on that. Like I said, I don't watch NXT, so I can't comment on whether they are as bad as Eva Marie. The only one I've seen wrestle is Emma who seems to have some matches that are pretty darn good and others that look like it's her first day. If you're saying Eva Marie gets hated on and they don't because she's hot, that's kind of confusing because Carmella is also hot and Bliss is even hotter than Eva Marie.

I think all of the mentioned are ok in the ring except for Nia Jax and Dana Brook. Both are atrocious IMO. Emma, Carmella are both passable. Carmella has great energy and personality in the ring and that goes a long way to helping boost in ring performance.

People should be twirling night sticks around to celebrate the Bossmans induction.

@deezy, I edited my next to last response. After re-reading some of what you wrote, I might have done the same exact thing you did, which is jump to conclusions regarding your motives for defending Eva Marie. You built a strawman argument around your misconception over why I was criticizing Eva Marie, and I apologize if I've responded in kind (vis a vis you having a full on rager for her).

@deezy, I edited my next to last response. After re-reading some of what you wrote, I might have done the same exact thing you did, which is jump to conclusions regarding your motives for defending Eva Marie. You built a strawman argument around your misconception over why I was criticizing Eva Marie, and I apologize if I've responded in kind (vis a vis you having a full on rager for her).
Strawman?

2128309_o.gif

Emma and a lot of the other shitty workers are often beholden to who they're working against. If she's working against someone around her own level, like some of those girls previously mentioned, the match is usually not gonna be pretty. But I've continuously been amazed at the way that certain people, like Charlotte currently, or AJ and Natalya when they were getting pushed years back, could work for two and still tell a good story in the process.

They better show one of the greatest segments ever in the history of WWE, when it comes to Bossman's introduction to the HOF.

I personally found Eva Marie to be rather plastic in looks and shit in skills. But apparent i cant critique the broad because she's hot and im just being neckbeardy. In comparison to other NXT woman, theres a clear lack of skills in her. I mean the skill ceiling isnt that high but other people had compensated for it, either via characters, size or else. I cant see that with Eva, and every Eva matches usually had at least one or two glaringly bad spots that take me out of it. And lastly, i think the resentment stemmed from her being initially pushed in the regular roster and total diva, while showing herself to be a complete idiot at times (like when she lied about her dancing background for example) without any meaningful sympathetic trait at all. It just make her push looked like it was based completely on looks.

When he dragged the Giant around on his dad's coffin?
When he made Al Snow eat his dead dog?
When he wrestled a match with dog poop all around the ring?
When the Undertaker hanged him?

THERE'S TOO MANY TO PICK!!!

Strawman?

2128309_o.gif

Well, insofar as you inventing an entire narrative around me supporting Trish Stratus, not complaining about other terrible female wrestlers over the years, and/or holding Eva Marie to a higher standard based on her looks, definitely. Point is, after reading some of your posts a little better, it seems possible that I might have done the same exact thing to you in reverse vis a vis you holding her to a lower standard because you think she's hot. I don't know for sure you think that, and you never actually implied as much.

We all do shit like that because we're flawed and silly creatures, but I work hard to screen myself for hypocritical behavior and believe very strongly in correcting myself when I catch it.

sorry i forgot to post this video:

I personally found Eva Marie to be rather plastic in looks and shit in skills. But apparent i cant critique the broad because she's hot and im just being neckbeardy. In comparison to other NXT woman, theres a clear lack of skills in her. I mean the skill ceiling isnt that high but other people had compensated for it, either via characters, size or else. I cant see that with Eva, and every Eva matches usually had at least one or two glaringly bad spots that take me out of it. And lastly, i think the resentment stemmed from her being initially pushed in the regular roster and total diva, while showing herself to be a complete idiot at times (like when she lied about her dancing background for example) without any meaningful sympathetic trait at all. It just make her push looked like it was based completely on looks.

Looked like????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back