Quentin Tarantino on Rogan's podcast

So Tarantino thinks that a veteran in his prime, trained in hand to hand combat, who had killed men before, would kill Bruce Lee in a fight to the death.

TBH that’s not a bad call. Bruce Lee was a movie star, a philosopher, a martial artist…not a murder machine.

Lee would definitely be hard to kill though. He wouldn’t go out easy.

Bout time he had a better guest on. I haven’t listened since GSP was on months ago

Rogan still has a podcast? I haven't heard about it in months so i thought it got cancelled or something. It also doesn't seem to be in this weird microwave studio anymore.

I watched Rosemary's Baby a few weeks back and couldn't help but recognize that, while a bit dated, it was pretty brilliant. But yeah this guy should be kicked hard and often...while in prison.

Why do people have such a hard on for Bruce Lee. The man himself never said he was the greatest fighter around and actually gave props to other fighters. He said Ali would destroy him ffs. It's others who seem to make him out to be something he isnt or never claimed to be.

To be fair, he's far from alone in that regard. I don't know what kind of weird trance Polanski has over these people(to the point of receiving an Oscar while on the run from statutory rape charges), but it's a hell of hold he has on them. To this day, even after all the Weinstein, Cosby, and to a lesser extent, Woody Allen shit, it's extremely rare that you hear any Hollywood personality speak an ill word about Polanski. Even the people who report on all the scummy Hollywood shit that goes, rarely touch on Polanski. It's like he has dirt on all of them, or some other very powerful people in Hollywood, that they've made a choice to just leave him alone and pretend that he's not currently a wanted fugitive for rape.

Hollyweird.

Why do people have such a hard on for Bruce Lee. The man himself never said he was the greatest fighter around and actually gave props to other fighters. He said Ali would destroy him ffs. It's others who seem to make him out to be something he isnt or never claimed to be.

he was worldwide synonymous for martial arts as a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s. before the internet was a big thing, the big celebs were BIG. no celeb in the world today even comes close to how big Bruce Lee, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan etc were.

Tarantino making the rounds for his novelization of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. He's been on a couple of other podcasts promoting it.

Tarantino was on Marc Marons show today, too
Hes quite the belle of the ball

That little snippet was pretty interesting, may give this podcast a listen if thats still possible
Im not sure how it works now that hes on Spotify but I'll listen if I aint got to pay or download anything

He was on Bill Maher the other day saying that in Hollywood ideology trumps art especially in the past year.

Perhaps not, but now that the veil has been lifted on the mystique of martial arts, it's safe to say that he was probably not as badass of a super ninja as he has been portrayed as over the years.

Heh, of course not. But he was physically strong for his size and open minded about methods of winning fights, so, even though super-ninjas don't exist, I bet he'd still be a tough little dude.

iu

Back