Question About Tournaments (Silver Gloves)

Psterio

Comic Book Writer & FC Fan
@White
Reaction score
I'm writing a Superhero Comic, in between school, studying, etc. I wanted my main character to be participating in a Silver Gloves Tournament. I have a question or two:

1.) Are these done in one night?

2.) If not, how much time is between fights for the young fighters?

If you're wondering, I'm trying to base as much as I can in the real world. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you =)

We actually just had the 2024 National Silver Gloves a few weeks ago. They have a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) doc on their site.

It's a multi-day event spread over a few days starting with the initial weigh-in. When exactly an individual competes depends on what the bout sheet says.

Your comic book character is a kid? The Silver Gloves tournament is for ages 8–16. There's also the Junior & Youth Golden Gloves which is for ages 8–18.

We actually just had the 2024 National Silver Gloves a few weeks ago. They have a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) doc on their site.

It's a multi-day event spread over a few days starting with the initial weigh-in. When exactly an individual competes depends on what the bout sheet says.

Your comic book character is a kid? The Silver Gloves tournament is for ages 8–16. There's also the Junior & Youth Golden Gloves which is for ages 8–18.
Teens, 16. I'm 50/50 on the MC going for his second Silver Gloves or first and only silver gloves.

Back