Question for all military veterans or active duty....

What do you mean? i was not saying anything disrespectful. I looked back on all my replies that @usmctanker242 was the one demoting me.
You are not aware of how you are coming across. If re-reading and thinking about it doesn't make it easier for you, then you might have an issue with communicating with other people. You feel like you have been victimised, but they were actually trying to give you advice on how to succeed. That is how it started out, and then they got turned off by your dismissive and quite frankly strange behavior. You do seem like a child, because you fail to realise that your stated motivations for joining the military (like wanting to learn how to fight) are not well founded and it seems like you have entirely missed the point of what the military is.

If you want to earn money and get a good paying job, go to school or learn a trade. If you want to get in shape, go join a gym, ask advice from people who know more, watch youtube videos or hire a personal trainer. If you want to learn how to defend yourself and channel your anger then go join a martial arts gym.

You are not aware of how you are coming across. If re-reading and thinking about it doesn't make it easier for you, then you might have an issue with communicating with other people. You feel like you have been victimised, but they were actually trying to give you advice on how to succeed. That is how it started out, and then they got turned off by your dismissive and quite frankly strange behavior. You do seem like a child, because you fail to realise that your stated motivations for joining the military (like wanting to learn how to fight) are not well founded and it seems like you have entirely missed the point of what the military is.

If you want to earn money and get a good paying job, go to school or learn a trade. If you want to get in shape, go join a gym, ask advice from people who know more, watch youtube videos or hire a personal trainer. If you want to learn how to defend yourself and channel your anger then go join a martial arts gym.

Ok yes some people were trying to help, @usmctanker242 was trying to help at first, but then he started demoting me, but i did not want to say this now but i'm using the military as a stepping stone too. I've gone through way too many jobs that don't suit me i worked security at the airport and i quit that job worked for another security company and quit that one because they werent giving me enough hours, worked for uber eats and got laid off because my insurance wasn't under my name, worked at dominos which i hated the most, its more of a problem with running then anything i'll lift weights all the time but running was something i was never motivated to do up until now, their are some people who go into the military as a stepping stone too ik some of them.

Last edited:
I don't think everybody was reading the replies to everyone who was trying to help i actually was listening to you guys advice. I wasnt being dismissive of anyones advice.

Theirs a gym in brooklyn i can go to thats like a parkour gym, i think i can go their to practice going over obstacles, and man how comes i didn't think of going paintballing. i think this might be a stupid question, but would it help if i got a virtual reality headset and bought a game thats a shooting game? Because i remember a few years ago when me and my family were coming back from hawaii and i was sitting next to this marine and he was telling me they did a VR simulation on the zombie apocalypsw.

Yeah i'm doing push ups pull ups and sit ups, i can't run a mile straight but i'm working up to it yesterday i was able to run for longer theirs this big ass circle in front of a high school if you run 2.5x around it it equals a mile i was able to run half the circle, so ik i'm improving on that i'm about to work out today and do it again.

Edit: foegot to mention the army MEPS pft my recruiter told me that i have to be able to run 20m 46x

I'm under medication, but i'm getting off of them next month i told my recruiter that i want to wait until i'm off of them then go to MEPS becausw i did not want them to have a reason to disuqalify me at MEPS.

The good thing is, if i get disqualified at MEPS next month, i can go sometime in the future.

Ok ik i can get a good score on the push ups and sit ups part of the APFT, i still need to work on running thats for sure, but i feel like i'm improving on it everyday.

Oh i forgot to mention my brother knows a former marine sargeant that trains calisthenics with him in brooklyn but he lives in jersey city now, he said he would help me.

If you are having behavioral problems in school the military is going to be a hard adjustment.

I got out as a Captain, was in the NG and did an Afghanistan deployment in 2013. Was in the Army NG while I was a cop as well.

If this is not a troll thread, focus on being in shape well above any hand to hand training. Unless the H2H stuff is metabolic conditioning and improving your overall physical fitness, in addition to other stuff. You need to be able to run 2 miles with several minutes to spare on the time for your age group. You need to be able to run at a sustained pace in a formation run which can be several miles longer than 2.

You need to be able to follow directions and work as part of a team.

The Army, yes even if you are a bang bang, does not teach you much hand to hand combat, or even cool guy tactics. You learn to shoot, move and communicate as part of a fire team, squad and platoon. You learn basic close quarters movements and room clearing tactics and basic firearms skills.

I was a 35D and I routinely out shot the majority of 11B and 11A's in my unit, and I was the Intel weenie. I was a blue belt and could school a bunch of the MACP instructors.

So in short, focus on overall cardiovascular fitness, running and prepping for basic. Do some studying for the ASVAB as well, brush up on your mechanical and engineering knowledge.

Ok ty, i'll work on cardio more then anything i'm going to the gym rn, and the behavriol problems were years ago like 3 years ago, i didn't like school so i would cause trouble with people in high schools everytime someone would do something to me i would spend 3 weeks pissing them off, i'm way different now, if i have a problem with someone i just dont talk to them, if its about work i would talk to them just to help me out if i need it at work. Ty for not being like the other guy whose making a big deal out of everything.one things for sure i don't want to be kicked out of bootcamp or be smoke all the time even though they'll look for reasons to smoke me so i'll listen to every thing the drill sargeants say.

Edit: looking at it now and knowing what jobs you can get with a college degree i wish i took school more seriously
Here are all the replies where i was actually taking peoples advice.

Well if everybody is not going to see me as who i am instead of seeing me as a troll then i guess theirs no convincing you guys until i go to meps next month, well it's a religious holiday today eid, and i'm just going to enjoy getting money and hanging with my fam. People on here don't realize how many times i was trying to end the arguement with that guy @usmctanker242 because i'm actually more mature then people think, and i have people in real life who say that too, somehow its the people online who don't see it, well good bye and wish me luck.

Well looks like i am not going to be able to go into the military this year, so now what i'm going to do, is follow a fight career one more time, ik a gym in south jersey that if you live more then 20 miles away from it, then you can cancel the contract at anytime, and i'm going to go back to school too, until i'm off the meds next year i will follow a fight career and try to follow a law enforcement career on the side or even a firefighter career.

why you not enlisting now?
Going back to school sounds like a good idea to me will open up doors....if school isn't for you then consider learning a trade as that can be a career that can last you a lifetime and doesn't necessary require a formal eduction

why you not enlisting now?
Going back to school sounds like a good idea to me will open up doors....if school isn't for you then consider learning a trade as that can be a career that can last you a lifetime and doesn't necessary require a formal eduction

I'm not enlisting because i dont want them to have a reason to DQ me, and my medication doesnt stop until next year i'm just going to focus on 2 things getting a degree in criminal justice and trying to go through a fight career until im off of it. And invest my time and money into work and training and preparing for the military in the mean time.

All I would say is set realistic goals. A degree for someone that didn't study at school (by the sounds of it) maybe a struggle. Set more realistic goals like high school or college level qualifications and like I said there are trades out there I am sure you can learn that pay good money where you don't need the formal education.

remember your goals should be SMART

S - specific
M - measurable/meaningful
A - achievable,
R - realistic/reasonable
T - timely

All I would say is set realistic goals. A degree for someone that didn't study at school (by the sounds of it) maybe a struggle. Set more realistic goals like high school or college level qualifications and like I said there are trades out there I am sure you can learn that pay good money where you don't need the formal education.

Believe me i've tried to find good jobs, i have a good job now but my passion is in fighting thats why i wanted to go into the military, i am now getting better cardio then before so i think i should try a fight career one more time, because one thing that was holding me back from fighting was my stamina.

Is this spacetime's alt account where he ramps up the autism from 10 to 11 to see just how far he can take it before people stop taking him seriously?

.....Stunned!

U better grow some brass balls quick if u r joining up!

WTF?

.....Stunned!

U better grow some brass balls quick if u r joining up!

WTF?

Dude if theirs anything I have it's more balls then 90% of people on the streets, their are literally hoodlums who refuse to fight me I've gone into Newark and east orange when I was a kid when my dad would take me down their and I use to get into a fight with people in the mosque and around his dominos, I have literally sparred with a heavyweight and made him limp and also have had 5 street boxing matches in Newark by the store I use to work at, I am not going to shy away from a gun fight I'm even practicing shooting in the meantime while I'm waiting, and yes I know a gun fight is different from a fist fight but I think I'll enjoy either one. I've won every fight I've been in except for 5 and 4 of those people I fought I have redeemed myself against them because I'm a real man who doesn't fear someone after they beat me in a fight i train to beat them

Last edited:
None. Use whatever helps your cardio. I was a Can amateur boxer and currently enlisted, in hand to hand combat I can take just about everyone in the cafeteria. Few know how to fight, as it's not needed.

Do pushups, situps, and run. That is the best training for the military because that's what they test.

You should be capable of running 2 minute quarter miles for 2 miles straight prior to basic or it'll be hell, and after basic you'll slow by about 1:00-1:30 per mile, if you stay in decent shape, so you'll run the risk of getting discharged. The run is like 60% of your test.

You should be capable of running 2 minute quarter miles for 2 miles straight prior to basic or it'll be hell, and after basic you'll slow by about 1:00-1:30 per mile, if you stay in decent shape, so you'll run the risk of getting discharged. The run is like 60% of your test.
Alright I just ran a better mile yesterday I'm on my way to a straight mile.

None. Use whatever helps your cardio. I was a Can amateur boxer and currently enlisted, in hand to hand combat I can take just about everyone in the cafeteria. Few know how to fight, as it's not needed.

Do pushups, situps, and run. That is the best training for the military because that's what they test.

I can do by my estimate now 120 push ups in 2 mins since last time I maxed out I got 72 in a minute. And sit ups I can do about 60 in a minute so probably 80 in 2 minutes.

Just to let everyone know, I'm still going to be training for the military until It seems like theirs no way I can go into the military, I was kind of rushing the enlistment contract and for some reason people on this thread don't understand that I am the most realistic guy in this world because I'm not fake and don't believe in unrealistic things, so by next year I have a bucket list:
1. To run 5k
2. To get a fight this year like muay thai, since I love to fight.
3. To beat my cousin because he is pretty much the only guy in my family that I haven't beaten.

I still don't know what I want to do with my life, fighting will always be my passion even in the military, I could do law enforcement or could do pmc if everything goes as planned and I could definitely follow a fight career still after the military. If i make it into the military which I'm sure i will i want to also compete on the boxing and wrestling team in the army. And everybody on this forum stop carrying on a fucking arguement if you don't want me to respond i tried to end the arguement with one guy on here 2x and then he responds again saying this is my last comment his fucking dumbass can't even tell when someone is trying to be passive.

Back