Question for americans?

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
i see lots of pro trump and trump hating threads.

for those you who dislike Trump what is 1 thing he did that just ende it all for you. There has probably got to be something he said or did that made you think ´fuck this guy´´ he cannot be changed.

again 1 thing Trump did that just made you hate him

Last edited:
His inability or unwillingness to thoroughly vet information before presenting it to millions of undiscerning Americans. Right from the start (going back years), he was a propaganda machine. That makes me uncomfortable, because I know that too many Americans do not recognize propaganda when they see it. He plays directly to that weakness, with the pedal to the metal.

I'm a hesitant supporter since he appointed Bolton and let Marcon talk him into staying in Syria.

These acts really turned off his independent base.

I don't think anything just ended it for me. I've always believed that checks and balances will rein in the office of the President. But maybe the most disappointing thing so far is just the raw lack of knowledge coupled with what appears to be a similar lack of interest in filling in those gaps.

It should concern every single one of us when the POTUS seems to be drawing his sense of policy direction from a cable news channel. It should be the reverse, the cable news channel should report on the policy direction. Instead a bunch of people with limited policy background who were hired based on their ability to generate advertising dollars by stirring up passion within their subset of the viewing population are unofficial advisers to the President.

Don’t believe one instance did it.
Questioning the credibility of everyone that opposes your position. That’s not the signs of a man or an adult. Yet this man holds the highest ranking executive office in our country.

When addressing the potential russian hacking during a debate, he welcomed it, saying maybe they could find Hilary's emails. IMO he should have denounced it or said it was absolutely wrong and he wouldn't entertain it under his watch.

for those you who dislike Trump what is 1 thing he did that just ende it all for you. There has probably got to be something he said or did that made you think ´fuck this guy´´.

It's not 1 thing. I can only speak for me but the reasons I dislike him are because he has the mentality of a 14 year old. I know his supporters relate to that because most of them have the education of a 14 year old but to the majority of American voters he is completely inept at just about everything and is a typical blowhard republican with really no substance.

He lies about everything and I mean everything.

He is clearly racist and all you have to do is look at the birther thing.

His policies are guided by the last person he spoke with and in many cases it's Fox News pundits.

He doesn't bother to read and again acts like a 14 year old.

He screams and yells like an idiot blowhard and is more suited to be a high school wrestling coach.

List just goes on and on and on.

I don't hate him Trump, he has done many things I have approved of and others which were worthy of censure imo.

1) stupid fucking tweets. Especially those which have been disproven or debunked.

2) roll back of many of successes, benchmarks set by the EPA.

3) having Bolton on the team...every conservative should be pissed about this

4) inability to admit when he is wrong, and/incorrect/made a mistake.

5) pandering to, and not unequivocally condemning white nationalist racists.

I think most Americans knew Trump was an idiot before his candidacy was even a real possibility.

for those you who dislike Trump what is 1 thing he did that just ende it all for you. There has probably got to be something he said or did that made you think ´fuck this guy´´ he cannot be changed.

again 1 thing Trump did that just made you hate him
Bombing Syria. No more wars and interventions in the Middle East. We've been at war since fucking 2001.

His flip flop on taxes/economic populism erased any chance of him not being a giant POS.

He said he would raise taxes on the rich and cut them for the middle class. Instead he cut taxes on the rich and shifted the burden onto the middle class. That was when it pretty well sealed it that he was just in it for a cash grab. And then he just openly lied about it not benefiting him personally, saying "trust me," etc.

Realistically, even before that, his hiring of swamp people and his open refusal to learn anything about the position he was assuming should have preempted any expectations of good, but I'm a bleeding-hearted optimist.

I think most Americans knew Trump was an idiot before his candidacy was even a real possibility.

Yeah, dude was a sleazy conman going back many years before he got into politics. I think the opposite question--when did this joke become seen as someone who could be a president?--is better, and the answer is his reality show, which (deceptively) portrayed him as like this sharp business guy. On that show, he lost me further when he started talking shit about A-Rod and generally about playing in New York being fundamentally different.

Hilvqui.png

Last edited:
Yeah, dude was a sleazy conman going back many years before he got into politics. I think the opposite question--when did this joke become seen as someone who could be a president?--is better, and the answer is his reality show, which (deceptively) portrayed him as like this sharp business guy. On that show, he lost me further when he started talking shit about A-Rod and generally about playing in New York being fundamentally different.
I never watched his show. I voted for him based on his campaign platform, as did the majority. People like to pretend otherwise because it gives them that false sense of superiority that is so common among the leftists in the War Room.

Aside from the fact that he is a reality tv star with no political experience, who was mainly running to promote his brand.... I think the whole wall thing is where he lost most sensible people.

Not because of immigration stances, but building a huge wall over the entire Mexican boarder is not financially feasible, and would never realistically get done. It was such an obvious empty campaign promise.

I never watched his show. I voted for him based on his campaign platform, as did the majority. People like to pretend otherwise because it gives them that false sense of superiority that is so common among the leftists in the War Room.

Oh, I get that Republicans are going to vote for the Republican candidate, even if he's a corrupt boob who doesn't even follow politics himself. But how did he win the primary?

I don't see many people pretending otherwise. I see people point to what they consider flaws with that platform, the subtext in which he delivered his message as well as criticisms about the electorates inability to understand the larger implications of the platform itself.

The fascinating this is that most Trump supporters don't disagree with those criticisms - they embrace them as the reasons for supporting him.

What some consider a flawed platform, they see as a willingness to try something new. What others consider toxic subtext, they see as a willingness to speak the unvarnished truth. And when the lack of deep understanding is questioned, the response is that the other side is the one misunderstanding the actual long term goals.

There is no actual lack of agreement on what's happening here with Trump - there's a disagreement on whether or not it's a good idea to embrace it.

His inability or unwillingness to thoroughly vet information before presenting it to millions of undiscerning Americans. Right from the start (going back years), he was a propaganda machine. That makes me uncomfortable, because I know that too many Americans do not recognize propaganda when they see it. He plays directly to that weakness, with the pedal to the metal.

Does not sound like any american president before

He is clearly racist and all you have to do is look at the birther thing.

You are so sure yet your proof of his racism is thin at best

I actually like the guy better now than I did a few years back. He's been a better president than I expected him to be, though he has had plenty of disappointing moments.

trump has been a shyster and crooked for decades. There's no one thing.

I suppose the constant birther thing made me think hes an idiot playing to racists. That would be the first thing i heard about him politically also.

Back