Question for those in the IT Networking Space

Bitcoin

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
My business is in internet connectivity so for those in the network and server world.

Do you feel everything will migrate to the cloud? What is your time frame?

Also, will the newer switches replace human beings as they become more and more sophisticated and thus can pretty much run human free?

Lately I'm more worried about Infiniband being killed by ethernet and also AMD crushing Intel.

Not sure about the Cloud aspect. It may take time for people to trust not having physical data centers but realistically it'll probably happen.

It will migrate to the big titiies cloud.... I'm already there....

maxresdefault.jpg

My business is in internet connectivity so for those in the network and server world.

Do you feel everything will migrate to the cloud? What is your time frame?

Also, will the newer switches replace human beings as they become more and more sophisticated and thus can pretty much run human free?
<mma4>

CAT6 or GTFO!

Also, STFU.

At the moment, definitely, and as time goes on I can only presume that wired connections will always carry much higher bitrate than wireless connections at their relative max potential, but undoubtedly more and more devices will migrate to wireless format simply for the convenience.

At the moment, definitely, and as time goes on I can only presume that wired connections will always carry much higher bitrate than wireless connections at their relative max potential, but undoubtedly more and more devices will migrate to wireless format simply for the convenience.

Agree.

The pros and cons are staggering. With wires introducing issues with capacitance, signal distortion, and voltage drop, wireless is a great alternative.

This is much less of an issue however than cumulative latency when converting the
wireless packets into voltage levels on both ends of the transceiver electronics.

Also, the flux used in the raging insulators prevent the boss stitching from inducting the
magnetic fields into the RF lossless impregnators.

Honestly, you need to put the Cub into the Sanchez cable and tie it to the Iaquinta fan by adding a bit of Tony tape and you'll be fine.

Just make sure you run a Anti White Scan before you install your Windows McGregor cause if there's any Irish Whiskey found in the Lobov Cogs you'll have a right nightmare and have to buy a whole new Holloway Operating System.

Everything will head to the cloud until Amazon & MS crank up their pricing, at which point, we’ll all start building datacenters again because that’ll be the cheaper option. It’s all cyclical, directed by overpromoted CIOs who picked up a magazine at an airport that told them what to think (“ROI in only 3 months!!!!”) and who’ve moved on before anything’s delivered.

It’s all fun and games until your cloud provider has an outage, bringing your business to a standstill.
Also, cloud providers arent very forthcoming when it comes to security incidents, so theres that as well.

Back