Question: Shouldn't the Loser be paid more than the Winner?

If fighters were paid more in general this might help the problem out.

I felt like doing something violent after reading this thread.

Seems strange to me.

First.....fighters pay doesn't get decided after a fight, its gets done before the fight. So the result has no influence on the pay.

Not only is the comma unnecessary but this is a terrible analogy. If TS implored that bot the winner and loser should make the same amount of cash then the analogy would make sense.

Usually the grammar police knows how to spell simple words.

and I wasn't quoting the TS at all

hey all, i know this might come off as a little strange, but i think you ought to hear me out before jumping to a conclusion.

let us forget about monetary compensation for a moment. let us take a look at Tim Hague vs Todd Duffee as an example. Duffee knocks out Hague in 5 seconds flat. Duffee gets this massive cheer from the crowd, a highlight reel knockout, an instant fan following, the respect of his colleagues, the praise from Dana and the adoration of people all over the world.

what about Tim Hague? he gets the humiliation of being knocked out faster than anyone in UFC history, the abuse of the crowd as he walks back to the locker room and mockery of his colleagues. oh, and for good measure Hague gets paid far less, but without Hague there would be no fight and no knockout. if Hague had done an Anderson Silva and just run away the whole fight Hague wouldn't have been knocked out and there'd be no cheering from the crowd.
i think the loser should be paid more because the loser loses so much in the way of respect and dignity.

does this not seem strange to anyone else?

So, that's what this is about.

Bad analogy; the janitor and I have different jobs. The fighters are doing the same thing.

Of course, my idea wouldn't work in the current UFC because of the frequency of undeserved title shots.

Okay here's a better analogy. You and another employee have the same job description, except you've been working there longer and have a much better performance record, which has gotten you the maximum amount of raises. Should they change the rules and start giving you guys equal pay?

TS should email Dana & demand answers.

hey all, i know this might come off as a little strange, but i think you ought to hear me out before jumping to a conclusion.

let us forget about monetary compensation for a moment. let us take a look at Tim Hague vs Todd Duffee as an example. Duffee knocks out Hague in 5 seconds flat. Duffee gets this massive cheer from the crowd, a highlight reel knockout, an instant fan following, the respect of his colleagues, the praise from Dana and the adoration of people all over the world.

what about Tim Hague? he gets the humiliation of being knocked out faster than anyone in UFC history, the abuse of the crowd as he walks back to the locker room and mockery of his colleagues. oh, and for good measure Hague gets paid far less, but without Hague there would be no fight and no knockout. if Hague had done an Anderson Silva and just run away the whole fight Hague wouldn't have been knocked out and there'd be no cheering from the crowd.

i think the loser should be paid more because the loser loses so much in the way of respect and dignity.

does this not seem strange to anyone else?

When has Anderson Silva EVER ran away in a fight??

Last edited:
Bad analogy; the janitor and I have different jobs. The fighters are doing the same thing.

Of course, my idea wouldn't work in the current UFC because of the frequency of undeserved title shots.
That isn't the reason your idea won't work. The reason it won't work is because your idea is pants-on-head retarded.

That isn't the reason your idea won't work. The reason it won't work is because your idea is pants-on-head retarded.

fxyLK1KnVH9DYzq0BhK7.gif

I'm stealing this saying.

You'd get fighters wanting to lose...

...so no.

Wouldn't some fighters start to lose, wait tillthe opponent connects even mildly with their jaw or chin and drop down, toes curled, easiest payday ever. Dumb Idea OP.

One of the most elaborate Anderson hate threads I've ever seen. /clap

To respond, fighters get paid what they're worth to show. I don't remember how big Duffee was at the time, but he was probably more notable than Hague. Consequently, he should be paid more to show than Hague.

That said, it disgusts me seeing fighters get paid 7k/7k to show and win. If that fighter fights 3-4 times a year, they'll make on par with what a McDonald's manager makes. And before anyone says "what's wrong with being a McD's manager": nothing, there's nothing wrong with it, but millions of people can do it. The UFC is supposed to have the top 300-400 fighters in the world. But they're only worth 7k/7k? :(

Not only is the comma unnecessary but this is a terrible analogy. If TS implored that bot the winner and loser should make the same amount of cash then the analogy would make sense.

right, why not let them both get paid the same? winner gets all the adoration and gets to celebrate still!

Back