News Quit it already with "U-Fight-Cheap"

Dana will bet more on one hand of Black Jack then most fighters will make in their career! He can NOT afford to pay fighters more lol

Do you look at open market rate to determine under or over compensation or do you only look what the least equitable share of the revenue pie for employees/contractors major sporting league or organization gives to determine true wage market?
Neither A. The UFC is not paying fighters enough and B. You literally cannot hold a business up to the financial standards of one being pumped by Saudi oil money operating at a loss are not mutually exclusive.
Should the UFC start paying its fighter $5 million for autograph signings? Will that be a sustainable model of business? If you're going to base your view on one of two extremes without even a touch of nuance or understanding that both financial directions the sport is heading in (greedy corporation + literal islamofascist theocratic propaganda oil money combined), you are autistic.

If you want to try and pontificate about the true wage market and over or under compensation, you'll have to do it from a stronger position than "I think it is reasonable to expect a fighter to be paid $5 million to sign autographs" and start bringing up actual data driven points, not cheap attempted sophomore econ gotchas.
I like everyone else here want fighters to make more money. I want them to be satisfied with the cash they make for our entertainment, just like I'd like most people to be. I also think that the TKO merger has accelerated the already worsening corporatization of MMA and is generally a step in the wrong direction, and think that the corporate overlord share of the profits is criminal with fighters being at 17.5%. However, I'm also not a literal child expecting every single one of them to make $10 million per fight. I also understand that although apparently the average sherdogger is making at least $500k, believe it or not, there are many people that can live comfortably making the average $60k/$60k - $80k/$80k show win 3x a year. The average income in the US is fucking $31,000 and we have goobers mad that someone is making only five times as much as them as an athlete while checking people out at Home Depot.

I recommend you listen to this excellent interview with Nathaniel Wood, where the subject is touched on and he openly recognizes that he is in a great situation and comparatively lucky to others in the world making ~$300k a year as a professional athlete. A lot of you have an unhealthy obsession with the amount of money another man makes, which I'll attribute to a healthy anti corporatists stance to give you the benefit of the doubt. We all want all the people we like to have more, to flourish.

One of my partial solutions to fighter pay issues without just saying "Moar money"?
Bring back athletes having their own sponsors. TKO/UFC doesn't like it, or disagrees with the sponsor, or it's a clash of contracts? TKO pays the fighter at 150%-200% of the sponsorship. Fighters get paid more, TKO still has control over sponsor/image displayed, by having to pay at a premium it dissuades TKO from paying the sponsor directly behind the fighters back to drop them, but good luck without the fighters coming together to do this without a union as a parasitic middleman. Economics and business are complicated not because of the numbers, but because of the human sides of it all.

Neither A. The UFC is not paying fighters enough and B. You literally cannot hold a business up to the financial standards of one being pumped by Saudi oil money operating at a loss are not mutually exclusive.
Should the UFC start paying its fighter $5 million for autograph signings? Will that be a sustainable model of business? If you're going to base your view on one of two extremes without even a touch of nuance or understanding that both financial directions the sport is heading in (greedy corporation + literal islamofascist theocratic propaganda oil money combined), you are autistic.

If you want to try and pontificate about the true wage market and over or under compensation, you'll have to do it from a stronger position than "I think it is reasonable to expect a fighter to be paid $5 million to sign autographs" and start bringing up actual data driven points, not cheap attempted sophomore econ gotchas.
I like everyone else here want fighters to make more money. I want them to be satisfied with the cash they make for our entertainment, just like I'd like most people to be. I also think that the TKO merger has accelerated the already worsening corporatization of MMA and is generally a step in the wrong direction, and think that the corporate overlord share of the profits is criminal with fighters being at 17.5%. However, I'm also not a literal child expecting every single one of them to make $10 million per fight. I also understand that although apparently the average sherdogger is making at least $500k, believe it or not, there are many people that can live comfortably making the average $60k/$60k - $80k/$80k show win 3x a year. The average income in the US is fucking $31,000 and we have goobers mad that someone is making only five times as much as them as an athlete while checking people out at Home Depot.

I recommend you listen to this excellent interview with Nathaniel Wood, where the subject is touched on and he openly recognizes that he is in a great situation and comparatively lucky to others in the world making ~$300k a year as a professional athlete. A lot of you have an unhealthy obsession with the amount of money another man makes, which I'll attribute to a healthy anti corporatists stance to give you the benefit of the doubt. We all want all the people we like to have more, to flourish.

One of my partial solutions to fighter pay issues without just saying "Moar money"?
Bring back athletes having their own sponsors. TKO/UFC doesn't like it, or disagrees with the sponsor, or it's a clash of contracts? TKO pays the fighter at 150%-200% of the sponsorship. Fighters get paid more, TKO still has control over sponsor/image displayed, by having to pay at a premium it dissuades TKO from paying the sponsor directly behind the fighters back to drop them, but good luck without the fighters coming together to do this without a union as a parasitic middleman. Economics and business are complicated not because of the numbers, but because of the human sides of it all.

Very long way of saying ‘yes fighters deserve a bigger piece of the pie than UFCs current revenue sharing ratio’. Which is what we all said, yet neither of us went on a long, yet very high level and not conclusive rant about the basics economics and stakeholder identification.

350,000$ total bonuses in an event tbat featured nearly two dozen fighters and two belts?

Meanwhile Tyson fury was gifted a 3-5$ million pagani as a bonus for an autograph signing in Saudia.
The NFL has players get many millions of dollars as a signing bonus. LMAO @ the UFC's puny $50k.

I didn't see "u fight cheap" very often.

When I did, it was something uttered by stupid people.

It never bothered me.
A shit ton of people have got rich fighting for UFC.

Caring about the morons who cry "u fight cheap" is like caring what trannies want.
Almost no one is a tranny.
They get a lot of press, but waay more than 99% of the population is not a tranny, so who cares what the trannies cry about?

Maybe U-Fight-Cheap used to be a legit insult, but for whatever the reason, the UFC has had a change of heart. Please give credit where credit is due.
Seven Fighters Receive $50,000 Bonuses at UFC 295

No.

Means tested incentives(which bonuses structually are) will never be a valid replacement for an actual salary people can depend on. You are entitled to a living for being a human. And if you are forced to labor your salary sure as shit shouldn't depend on your performance. That's dystopian af and the UFC deserves absolutley no credit for expanding their bonuses.

Also wtf you think they are expanding their bonuses? Its because people are bitching about bad fighter pay. Being silent on the issue only benefits the UFC. This is proof people should be bitching MORE not less.

Last edited:
I love these threads because all the min wagers come on here crying about a fighters contract they glady signed while watching said fighter for free on an illegal stream.
I think if you brokeys worried more about your own finances than other people's you might be a little less bitter.

How tf does worrying about your own finances fix systemic issues? It doesn't. You simply cannot wrap your head around the idea that people are not ok with the status quo. "Brokeys". Go back to watching your Andrew Tate.

Bonuses are just that. It would be different if that was fighter pay. Hey one time I got a 50000 bonus on top of my 2500......
<WhatIsThis>

How tf does worrying about your own finances fix systemic issues? It doesn't. You simply cannot wrap your head around the idea that people are not ok with the status quo. "Brokeys". Go back to watching your Andrew Tate.
he’s been cucked by billionaires who’ve successfully convinced him he deserves to have his labor value stolen. he takes it lying down like a good little bitch as he should.

How much did the lowest paid fighter get?
borjas made $16K. of course he’s gonna lose about half of that JUST with taxes and camp so that’s $8000 minus any personal fight related expenses the UFC made him cover, which they absolutely do. mouthguards, travel, a place to stay/tickets for friends and family, etc.

borjas made $16K. of course he’s gonna lose about half of that JUST with taxes and camp so that’s $8000 minus any personal fight related expenses the UFC made him cover, which they absolutely do. mouthguards, travel, a place to stay/tickets for friends and family, etc.

I'm not familiar with Borjas, is he foreign?

If so he's double dipping with the taxes.

He's realistically gonna make about 2-4 grand profit and that's generous.

Very long way of saying ‘yes fighters deserve a bigger piece of the pie than UFCs current revenue sharing ratio’. Which is what we all said, yet neither of us went on a long, yet very high level and not conclusive rant about the basics economics and stakeholder identification.
You're the one that tried to turn the conversation technical talking about true wage markets and trying to argue around $5 million autograph signings with open market rates vs equitable revenue sharing lmao. They both play into it, you dullard.

Back