quitting Videogames for TV

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
1703350600322.png

I love gaming with passion but its becoming a problem for me, both physically and mentally.
Maybe I'm getting old but the constant state of alertness while playing Call Of Duty on my 360hz monitor
is really getting to me. its just so exhausting.
When I'm laying on my couch, watching Spock and Dr. Mccoy go at it, my eyes are not wide open and my hand is not glued to the mouse.
yes its not the same as getting 10 kills but its much more relaxing.

should I quit gaming for TV? and would you do the same thing?

Maybe I'm getting old but the constant state of alertness while playing Call Of Duty on my 360hz monitor

This is why i only play CS2 once or twice a week. Multiple times a year i go three to four months not playing a match because it doesnt mesh with my work schedule. Instead resorting to another game type genre thats more laid back.

Quit the FPS's, hook up your pc to the TV and play some chilled out shit.

I even play turn based games with my buds so we can chat shit and be old.

The fast twitch stuff is fun but there comes a time.

Feels a bit like using meth to quit crack, but good luck!!

I usually get board after 3 eps or something like that. but with gaming I could go for hours on end
TV can be addictive but not to the level of videogames. at least for me.
the instant dopamine and immersion you get from gaming is something else.

Quit the FPS's, hook up your pc to the TV and play some chilled out shit.

I even play turn based games with my buds so we can chat shit and be old.

The fast twitch stuff is fun but there comes a time.
I agree with this. Don't quit games just play different types.

I hook my PC up to the TV and played a bunch of fun more chill single player games the last year (God of war, Forza 5, ratchet and clank, red dead 2, flight simulator VR).

If I want something more stimulating then I'll play something like divinity original sin 2 or baldur's gate 3. Those types of turn-based games are extremely stimulating basically like playing video game chess but more casual since it's turned based (not fast twitch).

Also have a home dance dance revolution and pump it up setup and those are fun music/workout wise.

Yup I reached a certain age and stopped playing so many fast-twitch reaction based games. Not only do they stress me out but I can tell that I'm not as fast as I used to be and it makes me feel old.

Now I play more strategy games. XCOM, advance wars, I just started star wars: the old Republic.

View attachment 1019432

I love gaming with passion but its becoming a problem for me, both physically and mentally.
When I'm laying on my couch, watching Spock and Dr. Mccoy go at it, my eyes are not wide open and my hand is not glued to the mouse.

If that is you, you need to see a chiropractor ASAP

lets-go-ron-burgundy-g9jymab8quds9mmk.webp

I don’t play video games on weekdays because it stimulates me.
Keeps me awake and makes it hard to get quality sleep.

I would just recommend video games on like Friday/saturday, and go on your phone or watch tv the rest of the time

Reactions: HHJ
View attachment 1019432

I kind of quit both. Gaming completely and television down to two hours a day max, sometimes zero. Best thing I ever did, especially the gaming.

It's fun but it's a time killer. Was also negatively impacting my sleep more than I realized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duelbits
Back