Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not entirely sure Carr is great on the deep stuff. His yards-per-pass is surprisingly low.
Carr excels on deep throws. The offensive schemes stopped using it.

Damn. Going in on Rod Woodson.

Carr excels on deep throws. The offensive schemes stopped using it.

I like to pretend last year never happened. Seriously, anyone saying anything bad about players based on last year really need to give their heads a shake.

I like to pretend last year never happened. Seriously, anyone saying anything bad about players based on last year really need to give their heads a shake.

Our defensive backfield needs to play better for us to do any damage.

Our defensive backfield needs to play better for us to do any damage.

No doubt about it. Needs to be more talent back there but there is no denying they played much much much better under Pagano

No doubt about it. Needs to be more talent back there but there is no denying they played much much much better under Pagano

Plus Irvin was a beast under Pagano.

If Conley and Obi show up we have a chance.

Plus Irvin was a beast under Pagano.

If Conley and Obi show up we have a chance.
Is anyone complaining about Karl Joseph?

I’m not, the guy is a pretty solid tackler. I didn’t see him get burned very much if not at all. I know he’s not a CB, but for our secondary;I’m confident there.

I’m not, the guy is a pretty solid tackler. I didn’t see him get burned very much if not at all. I know he’s not a CB, but for our secondary;I’m confident there.

I think Karl is solid. I think it all boils down to coaching and putting players in a position to have success.

Joseph is a very good player. He gets overlooked because the secondary gets burnt to shit.

Nelson retained for another year. He knows the defense from Cinci so I like that move. Hopefully he gets beat out by Obi though. That would mean Obi has promise.

Last edited:
I think Joseph should be at FS not SS. He's very good but a bit small for SS and those big TEs can body up and catch passes on him.

I think Joseph should be at FS not SS. He's very good but a bit small for SS and those big TEs can body up and catch passes on him.

Fuck you!!!! I was just getting ready to say he looks a bit smallish against TEs, lol. Solid player though who can't be judged by the sometimes pathetic play of the secondary.

The only lockdown corner we had was Sean Smith, and that's because he's going to jail.

I believe that is the plan once Obi or whoever the fuck else steps up to take Nelsons place. Nelson is a ball hawk but he hits/tackles like a pussy and whiffs a lot.

Aldon Smith, remember him??!!

Arrested yet again. Violated a restraining order of some type. I guess it was meant to be.

Never heard of him.

I believe that is the plan once Obi or whoever the fuck else steps up to take Nelsons place. Nelson is a ball hawk but he hits/tackles like a pussy and whiffs a lot.
Honestly I thought Nelson was gone, he had a shit year and old DBs don't generally get better after a down year. It's not exactly a vote of confidence in Obi that Nelson was retained.

Honestly I thought Nelson was gone, he had a shit year and old DBs don't generally get better after a down year. It's not exactly a vote of confidence in Obi that Nelson was retained.
He played most of his career under the DC.

Joseph is a very good player. He gets overlooked because the secondary gets burnt to shit.

Nelson retained for another year. He knows the defense from Cinci so I like that move. Hopefully he gets beat out by Obi though. That would mean Obi has promise.

You like the Nelson move, are you fucking insane? Did you not watch Raider games last year

The guys better days are clearly behind him.

You like the Nelson move, are you fucking insane? Did you not watch Raider games last year

The guys better days are clearly behind him.
Do you write a pass for everyone else on the defense besides Nelson? Seems a bit silly no?

I dont recall saying his best year is ahead of him. But, he does know the DC. Thats important whether you care to admit it or not.

Do you write a pass for everyone else on the defense besides Nelson? Seems a bit silly no?

I dont recall saying his best year is ahead of him. But, he does know the DC. Thats important whether you care to admit it or not.

So because he knows the DC he gets a pass? If he was a few years younger and hasnt lose a step or two then fine, but that's not the case.

Meanwhile Bowman still unsigned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back