Ramazan Abdulaev to UFC?

No?

Looks a good Judo guy, but to the UFC?

There's Teddy Riner that'd be more interesting to see at HW. That being addressed, I am not against these single disciplined guys getting a single fight contract to see how they fare in mma before biting a bullet for a full fledged contract.

There's Teddy Riner that'd be more interesting to see at HW. That being addressed, I am not against these single disciplined guys getting a single fight contract to see how they fare in mma before biting a bullet for a full fledged contract.
No. Teddy cant make 265

Judo isn't a solid base for MMA. It simply doesn't translate at the highest levels of the sport. Which is why, over the last 15 years, the only judokas who've had success are in WMMA.

Ha, the guy is named Ramazan - literally how we say Ramadan in our part of the world. I’ll go on a limb here and assume he rarely fights 😁

Has he even expressed interest in fighting in MMA?

Very premature thread, considering he has 0 fights.

I dunno. I was at the pub and they were showing the Judo and he looked decent 😁

I'll bump this thread in 3 years once he's smeshed everybody!

We got enough of that beard/cut combo already brah

There's like 12 guys in the entire UFC with that beard/cut combo....it's just most of them are at the top of their divisions like Ankalaev, Umar, Ikram/Chimaev, Islam, Mokaev/Tagir. They should Definitely sign more of these dudes like Amru Magomedov, Renat Khavalov, Ramazan Gitinov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Islam Omarov, Bibert Tumenov, Baki Chamsoudinov etc.

And shit Bellator/PFL has been collecting the fuck out of them too. Khasan Magomedsharipov, Timur Khizriev, Magomed Magomedov, Ramazan Kuramagomedov, Murad Ramanzanov, Magomed Umalatov, Usman Nurmagomedov, Shamil Musaev etc.

Thes dude's are all a lot better than 80+% of contender series signees. We need more, the UFC actually signs very few they just do super well.

As for this random Judoka who's never competed @Morris88 why not just sign Akhmed Tazhudinov, probably the most talented wrestler in the world and he's only 21.

I doubt it. IJF is pretty protective of their sport. If you do something else then you can't go back. Judo guys can't even compete in other types of grappling without a warning.

There's like 12 guys in the entire UFC with that beard/cut combo....it's just most of them are at the top of their divisions like Ankalaev, Umar, Ikram/Chimaev, Islam, Mokaev/Tagir. They should Definitely sign more of these dudes like Amru Magomedov, Renat Khavalov, Ramazan Gitinov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Islam Omarov, Bibert Tumenov, Baki Chamsoudinov etc.

And shit Bellator/PFL has been collecting the fuck out of them too. Khasan Magomedsharipov, Timur Khizriev, Magomed Magomedov, Ramazan Kuramagomedov, Murad Ramanzanov, Magomed Umalatov, Usman Nurmagomedov, Shamil Musaev etc.

Thes dude's are all a lot better than 80+% of contender series signees. We need more, the UFC actually signs very few they just do super well.

As for this random Judoka who's never competed @Morris88 why not just sign Akhmed Tazhudinov, probably the most talented wrestler in the world and he's only 21.
Some people just can’t handle this level of masculinity. The no mustache with beard combo is as alpha as it gets.

I doubt it. IJF is pretty protective of their sport. If you do something else then you can't go back. Judo guys can't even compete in other types of grappling without a warning.
Yeah, if you're still planning on being a Judo competitor you can't commit to anything else. They'll just deny you or penalize you (if you go ahead and compete in another discipline after being denied).

Judo crossovers are the least likely we'll ever see in MMA.

I don’t know man, for me there’s not enough showmen coming out of the East. Zabit was a one in a million

I don’t know man, for me there’s not enough showmen coming out of the East. Zabit was a one in a million

The culture is pretty against that. I know what you mean though, Shara is sorta that.

I had a thought, when listening to Usyk post fight speech where he was breaking down crying. Talking about how all his life he missed opportunities because he was training so much and even when he had kids he missed his daughters birth, he missed many birthdays because he was so dedicated. Then you have a guy like Strickland who says fighting easy, you train 3 hours a day and get to fuck off the rest of it. I just love how Caucasian fighters (and I know the Ukraine is not in the Caucasus mountains) are so dedicated, take it so seriously and bring such strengths to the sport. Maybe they aren't showmen...I mean, some are more than others but so few even get signed. But they're fucking about it and if there was more of them signed, it'd force Western fighters to level the fuck up real quick in a few ways.

We don't always need Conors and Ilias and Izzys. Blue collar badasses are nice too.

But you have a fetish of these guys, we treat them like any other fighters

Back