Ramon Dekkers Highlight

I'm also curious about how you guys rate other farangs like John Wayne Parr, Jean-Charles Skarbowsky, Toshio Fujiwara, Dida Diafat etc. in comparison to Ramon Dekkers in terms of achievements.

How does JWP record against Thais compare to Dekkers?

They both had common opponents in Superlek and Orono, but the circumstances were quite different. Dekkers fought them when they were around their prime and at a more appropriate weight, whereas Parr fought them at something like welterweight or super welterweight and at a time when they were on the downside.

Something of Dekkers' career that's not fabricated is the part where he fought many of the best, and the body of work from just competition, is not all that close. Though it is true that Parr was at a disadvantage because the talent thins as you move up to those weights and the interest (within the muay thai world in Thailand) isn't the same as at 105-140.

JWP's fights in thailand arent as well documented as Ramon's are they? JWP has had a lot more fights in thailand than what is shown on his wikipedia page.

JWP's fights in thailand arent as well documented as Ramon's are they? JWP has had a lot more fights in thailand than what is shown on his wikipedia page.

You could probably just ask him on instagram about his fights.

How does JWP record against Thais compare to Dekkers?
I wouldn't be surprised if his winning percentage is better, but that doesn't mean anything. Dekkers fought some of the best Thais of his generation, Parr didn't as far as I know. And even if Dekker's winning percentage is worse, his best wins are almost certainly going to be better than Parr's. I doubt Parr has a win comparable to knocking out Cherry Sor. Wanich in his prime.

Last edited:
They both had common opponents in Superlek and Orono, but the circumstances were quite different. Dekkers fought them when they were around their prime and at a more appropriate weight, whereas Parr fought them at something like welterweight or super welterweight and at a time when they were on the downside.

Parr and Dekkers both fought Superlek as well. And those respective fights basically tells the story. Dekkers fought Superlek in his prime and it was a battle, Parr fought Superlek when he was old and just about to retire and got knocked out.

I'm also curious about how you guys rate other farangs like John Wayne Parr, Jean-Charles Skarbowsky, Toshio Fujiwara, Dida Diafat etc. in comparison to Ramon Dekkers in terms of achievements.

I suspect, Fujiwara would be the only one who would be at his level or above. Someone like Diafat wouldn't be that close, even if he beat Dekkers twice.

And in the future, people in the know will rank Umeno among the best nonthais ever. But he's still active, so he isn't in the conversation.

Dany Bill had some big wins but weren't most of his opponents moving up in weight to fight him?

Used to be able to on here but he got butthurt that we all thought Yod won that third fight clearly :(

He's pretty honest, or more honest than most fighters about his losses. I remember him saying on Rogan's podcast he could have easily lost that one and that if he fought Yod again he'd get killed.

Last edited:
He's pretty honest, or more honest than most fighters about his losses. I remember him saying on Rogan's podcast he could have easily lost that one and that if he fought Yod again he'd get killed.
Maybe so, but he certainly seemed to be bothered by our position on here and literally never came back despite having posted on here periodically for years.

Maybe so, but he certainly seemed to be bothered by our position on here and literally never came back despite having posted on here periodically for years.

He probably has a bit more perspective on it now, i'd imagine he was probably more emotional about it right after the fact. I started regularly reading this board a year or so after he was posting here so I wasn't around then but sometimes the posters on this board don't really hold back so I can see why he was scared off. Happens a lot to mma fighters who post on forums.

Im a big JCS fan as well. Dany Bill too. JCS and Dany Bill are good friends.

He probably has a bit more perspective on it now, i'd imagine he was probably more emotional about it right after the fact. I started regularly reading this board a year or so after he was posting here so I wasn't around then but sometimes the posters on this board don't really hold back so I can see why he was scared off. Happens a lot to mma fighters who post on forums.

I believe his father passed weeks before that fight.

Everyones knowledge on here about all different kinds of fighters is pretty impressive. I never followed that closely.

I believe his father passed weeks before that fight.

That was the 2nd fight between the two in the finale of the contender tournament where Yod dominated him and knocked him down 2 or 3 times. The fight Snub is referring to is their 3rd fight which was in Australia where JWP won a very controversial decision.

That was the 2nd fight between the two in the finale of the contender tournament where Yod dominated him and knocked him down 2 or 3 times. The fight Snub is referring to is their 3rd fight which was in Australia where JWP won a very controversial decision.

Yes I recall that, the fight was in Australia, it was close and they gave it to the Aussie. Much like
Toby 'The Weapon' Smith vs Superbon Lookjaomaesaivaree

I wouldnt put it past the Thais doing the same thing to Dekkers.

ps. have no idea why my font is so big.

No doubt, bunch of A-holes on here. Michael Scheavello got ran off as well. He used to shout this forum out on K-1 broadcasts.

No doubt, bunch of A-holes on here. Michael Scheavello got ran off as well. He used to shout this forum out on K-1 broadcasts.

Did he post here or on the mma section? Cause we are assholes here but the posters in the ufc section are straight up troglodytes.

You could probably just ask him on instagram about his fights.

He also speaks a lot about his fights and his time in Thailand in his documentary Blessed with Venom, his interview with London Real, and in the few podcasts he's done with Joe Rogan.

Back