Calley

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A New Hope : White Belt
Empire Strikes Back: Tough Blue Belt
The Return of the Jedi: Mundial Champion Brown Belt
The Force Awakens: 10th Dan Red Belt

Technically, being able to close his eyes and tell where something is, is the kind of horseshit I expect from a real life red belt. So I put him at red in "A New Hope."

I will play.

A new Hope: Training with Obi Wan in a garage with no formal rank.
Empire Strikes Back: Technical Blue belt under yoda. (no sparring)
Return of the Jedi: Purple belt level from youtube videos, but still blue belt because there is nobody left to promote him.
The Force Awakens: Self-assigned SkywalkerJedi Red belt, as he is the new grandmaster and makes the rules. Probably still purple belt level if all other jedi were still alive.

Darth Vader, the only other competitive blackbelt around basically lets Luke win by close-out.

I will play.

Return of the Jedi: Purple belt level from youtube videos, but still blue belt because there is nobody left to promote him.
The Force Awakens: Self-assigned SkywalkerJedi Red belt, as he is the new grandmaster and makes the rules. Probably still purple belt level if all other jedi were still alive.

Darth Vader, the only other competitive blackbelt around basically lets Luke win by close-out.

you are so wrong. he was a Jedi Knight in ROTJ meaning a brown belt. and taking down Darth Vader a 5-6th dan Black Belt is not what a youtube purple belter can do. ur are way off.

I will play.

Perfect

you are so wrong. he was a Jedi Knight in ROTJ meaning a brown belt. and taking down Darth Vader a 5-6th dan Black Belt is not what a youtube purple belter can do. ur are way off.

Who did he get his brown belt from? Obi Wan hologram? Who signed his knighthood? Please say no to professor holotube and their online grading. How many hours did he spar?

Vader certainly was a 5th degree blackbelt and an accomplished competitor back in the day, but he was flow rolling with Luke and he let him get the armbar. There is no way Luke can handle old-school pressure with his level of experience. The problem is that the Death Star gym was destroyed and nobody taught Luke that what happens on the mat stays on the mat. Now he is flying across the galaxy claiming he tapped Vader. I call bullshido on it.

which belt do you get for making out with your sister?

Vader certainly was a 5th degree blackbelt and an accomplished competitor back in the day, but he was flow rolling with Luke and he let him get the armbar. There is no way Luke can handle old-school pressure with his level of experience. The problem is that the Death Star gym was destroyed and nobody taught Luke that what happens on the mat stays on the mat. Now he is flying across the galaxy claiming he tapped Vader. I call bullshido on it.

I disagree, those old school Jedi knights had trouble with untrained clone troopers. If you watch old tape you see them getting killed by blaster fire! Blaster fire! Luke avoids blaster fire storm troopers easily even as a new blue belt in Empire Strikes back. Its pretty clear that fighters from the old republic era were soft and lacked the constant competition luke fought. Sure there were more of them but they didn't go to other gyms or roll with anyone out side of the Jedi Temple. Luke learned more form training one year at the Death Star than most old school guys on Coruscant did in 5, probably because they didn't really sparr on Corsucant and just did kata and drills.

Last edited:
I like to add that after Luke defeated Vader he immediately received his black belt while on the allegorical podium.

He beat a very very very experienced Darth Vader. Vader was like a red belt just given his mileage alone.

Luke had next to no competition in comparison to Professor Vader. He learnt from Youtubewan Kenobi and had nobody to practice his jedi skills with.

And no, Luke did not beat Vader. Professor Vader was flow rolling and he let him get the armbar as a confidence boost.

And Vader would be like a 5th degree black belt by then. I am assuming 20 years a black belt (Luke's age)

The REAL question is what belt would he be in WOLFMAN COMBATIVES/Catch Jitsu?! @danthewolfman

Dan the Wolfman offered the rebel alliance to set up a light sabre supefight between him and the Rancor.

giphy.gif

Back