Raquel Pennington breaks silence on Sean Strickland’s comments at UFC 297

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mental gymnastics here is pretty wild. Stirckland is proudly offensive. I don't understand why you are pretending he is being respectful or reasonable. He does't try to be

And having a bad past doesn't excuse one's present behavior.

Sean Strickland is the low and classes person for going out of his why to belittle and disparge Raquel and Mayra. Neither of these women have done anything bad to him. They have done nothing to deserve his insults. He spent weeks shitting on them during the biggest moment of their careers. He's a bully.

That is classeless. That is ignorance. That is intolerance.

He is the one who has gone out out way on mutplie occasion to speak disparingly about LGBT community for no reason. Knowing full and well the two women in the co-main were gay.

They have every right to be disgusted about his behavior.

He's a bully and bigot. Clear as day.

Yet somehow you are trying to make him out to be saint. Makes no sense

strickland spent two minutes of a twenty four minute press junket talking about wmma and Rachel Pennington, and that was only because he was asked. you‘re a lying jackal.

strickland spent two minutes of a twenty four minute press junket talking about wmma and Rachel Pennington, and that was only because he was asked. you‘re a lying jackal.
You missed all the shit he’s been talking about them for weeks. He even started a beef with Valentina

I agree they had a shit fight. Boring as fuck.

But a lot of guys has boring ass fights yet Strickland isn’t talking shit about them. Raquel and Mayra were targeted because they were women. He made that very clear

Strickland isn’t fighting them. He doesn’t get PPV buys by talking shit about them. He doesn’t make extra money.

He being a disrespectful asshole to his co-workers on the biggest night of their career for no reason. He clearly the asshole here.
No... He targeted them because they were the co-main. He was asked about it and noted that he wanted a better one to help sell the PPV, not chase buyers away (presumably because he was getting a PPV cut). Then he kept getting questions about it and kept responding in his way. He probably would have similarly disparaged a men's 125 co-main, though we'll never know for sure.

You missed all the shit he’s been talking about them for weeks. He even started a beef with Valentina

he said more shit about Sean O’Malley and Ian Garry then he did Rachel, and they aren't in his weight class. You’re not crying about him calling Garry a cuck, but you’re outraged he didn’t shower someone from your favourite protected classes with praise. Even though you yourself have gone on record to say that her fight was shit. you really think there’s anyone here who can’t see through you?

are you really this stupid? That’s NOT at all what he said. He asked the reporter if he would be disappointed if he had a son who turned out to be gay. And when the reporter said no, THEN he said he’s a weak man. And he was right to do so.

The whole point of having children is to pass on your lineage, to have life beyond your own. If you have a child who turns out to be gay, they won’t have life beyond their own. your lineage ends with them. Its perfectly natural to be disappointed by that, and if you don’t understand that you should never have children.

Stop screaming words you don’t know the meaning of. It is not homophobic for a man to be disappointed if his son turns out to be gay. He has the right to feel that way as thats his child, that he brought up, that he raised, that he fucking created with his woman. so shut the fuck up about matters you know nothing about, and so clearly lack the mental capacity to comprehend, you goddamn retard.
but...there are multiple ways for gay people to biologically reproduce lol?

he said more shit about Sean O’Malley and Ian Garry then he did Rachel, and they aren't in his weight class. You’re not crying about him calling Garry a cuck, but you’re outraged he didn’t shower someone from your favourite protected classes with praise. Even though you yourself have gone on record to say that her fight was shit. you really think there’s anyone here who can’t see through you?
What I have been calling Strickland jackass for years. You have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t know me

Plus Garry has been asshole himself. He deserves what got after how he came after Neal and Magny. I shed no tears for people who actually do bad things

I agree they had a shit fight. Boring as fuck.

But a lot of guys has boring ass fights yet Strickland isn’t talking shit about them. Raquel and Mayra were targeted because they were women. He made that very clear

Strickland isn’t fighting them. He doesn’t get PPV buys by talking shit about them. He doesn’t make extra money.

He being a disrespectful asshole to his co-workers on the biggest night of their career for no reason. He clearly the asshole here.
The issue with women like Pennington is not just that they are boring but also not that impressive technically. At least with boring but skilled fighters there is something n display.

Still you're not wrong that Sean is clearly the asshole here. I enjoy a lot of his antics but sometimes he's just being a downright cunt. Everyone knows that women's fights are low level and boring for the most part but no need to pick on these lasses who have the opportunity of their lifetime.

The issue with women like Pennington is not just that they are boring but also not that impressive technically. At least with boring but skilled fighters there is something n display.

Still you're not wrong that Sean is clearly the asshole here. I enjoy a lot of his antics but sometimes he's just being a downright cunt. Everyone knows that women's fights are low level and boring for the most part but no need to pick on these lasses who have the opportunity of their lifetime.
Thank you for being reasonable.

And on my part I’m not calling for Strickland to cancelled or whatever

He can say whatever he wants

But people should be able to call him an asshole when he acts like an asshole.

Free speech goes both ways

I don’t understand why people trying to pretend he isn’t a jackass

Pennington is a joke and basically won a participation belt. Can’t wait till Kayla wipes her out. Plus her lifestyle is disgusting , that poor little girl having to deal with their sick lifestyle choices

Thirteen pages of this shit.

waah wah waah.

Strickland took Izzy out. That's pretty cool.

Pennington did not have a child with Torres. One of them had a child with a boi or a test tube.

The rest of all this shit is drivel.

Find something better to do. Fucking flakes.

Oh cool, all the white knights coming to defend her and WMMA just like back in the Rousey era.

Her division is weak, the fight was boring. It was co-main simply because it was a title fight. WMMA is still nowhere near the same competitive level as men.

Now, go ahead and call me bigoted, intolerant, racist, sexist, etc. because I think it's more boring than a Belal Muhammad fight.

but...there are multiple ways for gay people to biologically reproduce lol?

biologically?

tell me how two gay men biologically procreate with each other, without having to rely upon medical technology to get some poor woman from Ukraine pregnant so they can steal her child and take it to gay clubs and pride marches.

Oh cool, all the white knights coming to defend her and WMMA just like back in the Rousey era.

Her division is weak, the fight was boring. It was co-main simply because it was a title fight. WMMA is still nowhere near the same competitive level as men.

Now, go ahead and call me bigoted, intolerant, racist, sexist, etc. because I think it's more boring than a Belal Muhammad fight.
I hate when people do this. They leave out details of the arugment to try and make people seem unreasonable. It's very dishonest.

Why would you ignore the pages and pages of discussion about the anti-gay comments made by Sherdog posters and Strickland???

Seems like straw man to not address the actual things being dicussed in the thread.

It's okay to think things are boring. And I agree with you the co-main was boring. Boring as shit.

But that doesn't justify Strickland openly openly disprespecting his co-workeers, it doesn't justify the homophobic remarks he made, and it doesn't justify the all the homophobic posts made in this thread.

That is what is bigoted, intolerant, and sexist. See the comments below...
Pennington is a joke and basically won a participation belt. Can’t wait till Kayla wipes her out. Plus her lifestyle is disgusting , that poor little girl having to deal with their sick lifestyle choices

biologically?

tell me how two gay men biologically procreate with each other, without having to rely upon medical technology to get some poor woman from Ukraine pregnant so they can steal her child and take it to gay clubs and pride marches.

I notice you didn't adddress this and the dozen other post like it at all. Are you justifying that?

Please stop using this tactic of levaving out parts of the discussion to make dishonest arguments. Be better than that

Last edited:
her fight was boring as fuck. this cannot be denied. Sean is who he is but he was right about that - no one gave a fuck outside of the two women fighting and their families.
no one can fill the void Nunes has left. WBW is gonna just limp onward weakly until it gets shut down (likely) or they get a giant Ronda/Holly tier star (highly unlikely).
They’re trying to fill that void with Kayla. But she’s wak.

I'm actually gay and had a gay cousin that blew his brain out.

I myself got stabbed for being ''gay'' back in 2007. I still have PTSD till this day about that.

I moved out of my hometown of Montreal, Canada to Thailand in 2010 and never looked back. I still literally have PTSD and problems looking at knives it just scares the sh*t out of me.

I'll never understand why people are so worried about what's go on inside someone else life instead of their own. How about you mind your business, I'll mind mine?

And just like one of my good friend that actually train with me and been doing Muay Thai with me for the last 6-7 years said ''You being gay is good for me -- That mean more girls for me''.

Problem nowadays is everyone try to get inside everyone else business. Mind your own stuff I'll do the same.

This is exactly what's wrong with America and the world in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back