Rare Video Games/Consoles etc. That You Own?

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was looking up some rare games recently and discovered that I already own some rare games:

Shadow Hearts on the PS2 -

ps2_603.jpg

Image is the NTSC version but I own the PAL. This does seem pretty hard to find these days and I'm seeing it going for

Used to have a lot of stuff but sold or gave it away while moving over the years. Still have my sega saturn with Dragon Force though.

They're not really valuable yet, but I have many relatively rare gba games, like doom, doom 2, duke nukem, wario ware twisted, castlevania double pack, sword of mana, all the final fantasy games and many more.

I'll never forgive myself for getting rid of my gold Ocarina cartridge. Should have had it framed.

i had a PAL version of Shenmue 2. My Dad kept his Atari 2600 for years. Too bad all my old console stuff got thrown out.

Dreamcast- best console for fighters!

Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Power Stone 1 & 2
Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves

Playstation-

Bust a Groove

I won this in a Pokemon tournament, last year.

pikachu-gameboy-color.jpg

I had an one of rare copies of PS1 FF7. Disc 2 went bad and I got rid of it.

Sigh

SNES games in the original box are always a huge draw for collectors especially the Mario ones.

Colecovision
Colecovision ADAM
NES
Genesis
N64
Dreamcast
PS1
XBOX
PS3

(Yes, I'm a hoarder)

Rarest games: A couple low budget third party ones for 2600, Tengen Tetris for NES, and Deathrow for XBOX.

Hey, I had KOF 95 on Saturn too (bought it when I was 12 and obsessed with SNK, it's probably still in a carton somewhere), but with a Euro Saturn so had to switch the cartridges constantly at the beginning of the game, right before the first loading screen... a skill in itself (I bought a *** V-Saturn later to remedy to that problem)

Too bad it wasn't the same RAM cartridge than KOF 96/97, Real Bout Special, Metal Slug, Marvel vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 3, Waku Waku 7, etc...
A real mess and at the time you had to get lucky and find them in shops, not internet to do all the work for you.
But these games were so good, and the 2D capacities of the playstation were shit-tier... so you were a 2D fighting game fan, and couldn't afford a Neo.Geo, that was the only choice.

(I actually bought Metal Slug first found it by chance in a shop, knowing that I didn't have the right RAM to make it work... and had to wait for the KOF 97 bundle to have the right RAM to play the game ^^')

Youngsters these days have it so easy.

This thread made me look up some rare games, and I was surprised by a few:

Final Fantasy VII Original
Tactics Ogre
Persona
Persona 2
Xenogears (this appears to have gone down in price a lot)
Suikoden 2
Earthbound (no special box or anything)
Gold Ocarina of Time (apparently, saw this mentioned earlier in the thread, didn't know)
Dragon Warrior 4 for NES
Chrono Trigger
Demon's Crest
Ogre Battle (SNES)
EVO for SNES (didn't expect this at all, great game though)
Warsong (really good game that seemed totally unknown at the time)
Shining Force 2
Clayfighter 63 1/3rd (bought this at Blockbuster for something like $2 and apparently it's rare now, pretty bad game actually)
Ogre Battle 64
Super Smash Bros.
Ico (also bought this cheap at a Blockbuster, good game this time)

I haven't paid attention to any of that in years, I'm sure there are others. Unfortunately, none of these are going to be in sealed, pristine boxes.

Ogre Battle on PS1 as well.

The original .Hack series with all the strategy guides, as well as all of .Hack//G.U.

Suikoden 2 on disc.

Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant

Xenoblade Chronicles

and some more, but I'd have to dig some out haha

i don't think it's that rare, but i got a copy of Gitaroo Man for PS2 from GameStop for $10 or something a while ago. it's since been reprinted so it's not as rare as it was then, but i think it's still fairly rare.

great game.

i found this in the garage. probably worthless but it looks cool

03-1990-nintendo-world-championships-gold-edition-nes-15000-21000.jpg

Pong (working)
Atari 2600 x2
Atari 7800 x2
Coleco
Intellivision 1
Intellivision 2 x2

Couple grocery bags full of games for these systems.

I have Xenoblade Chronicles. Kind of rare here in America.

Back