Rate my diet please

Metal Stuff

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im 24 years old and I'm 184 cm talls ( 5.10') and weight 85kg ( 187.7 pounds). Im training MT 3-4x a week but for some reason Im not really able to lose the problem areas fat - belly and thighs. Im not a calorie counter but this is generally my daily diet:

Breakfast 7:00 -> Scrambled eggs, 1-2 full wheat breads with ham, some fruits.
First snack at 10:30 -> Rye sandwich with ham/salami or peanut butter, piece of fruit (apple or banana)
Lunch 12:00 -> 1-2 pieces of meat, usually chicken breasts with salad, beans and little bit of rice.
Second snack 15:00 -> Rye sandwich ham/salami or peanut butter and piece of fruit (apple or banana)
Pre-training dinner 18:00 -> Chicken breasts, rice or full wheat pasta.
After training dinner 21:30 -> Varies. May be meat with salad+rice or a big bowl of fruits or vegetable salad.

This is my general working day. I work an office job 9-5 and I find that to be the greatest problem as Im sitting on my ass 8-9 hours a day so im trying to lower the calorie intake and then eat carbs before training for the energy. I also used to eat lots of fruits, mainly bananas, apples and grapes before bed but I just read they contain a lot of calories aswell, so I've limited that. Also a second problem I have, I finish training usually at 9, come home at 9:40 and I gotta eat quickly as I go to bed between 11-12.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Please forgive my english, non-native speaker.

Generally I will get a small can of tuna and a 1.5cup tupperware container of frozen mixed veggies (peas & carrots and/or corn) with black pepper and I will mix it all together and heat it up in microwave.

Try that out instead of your two sandwiches. Reduce the bread a little bit that way at least. Next for lunches replace your beans and rice with a baked plain potato and whatever vegetables you want.

This way you reduce your bread, beans and rice during the day but still get complex carbs in before and after your training.

Also, what kind of salad do you eat? what kind of dressing?

How long are your training sessions?

The only thing about your diet that really pops out, is that you may want to even the ratio of carbs to fat.

If you had to guess, how much body fat do you think you have.

what %

I think you should not be lazy and count your calories.

For most males, the low ab and low back fat is the last to go, hence the monicker stubborn fat. The only way to get rid of it is get to low BF%. At 180ish and 5'10" your probably a ways from single digits. Get to low bf% and it'll likely take care of itself.

Diet looks decent IMO; could use few more veggies though. If you're trying to cut weight, either lower your carb or fat intake slightly(seems like your getting enough as it is), or do low-intensity conditioning on the days you're not doing MT, like jogging, swimming, or the like.

Im no expert but that looks like a terrible diet. You are consuming way too much imo. Also restructure the actual food you are eating and the time. I dont think you want to be eating meat, salad, bowl of rice before going to sleep in a few hours. I dont think you want to be eating ham 3x a day or in general.

Back