Rate my work company Christmas party plan

it was last weekend but thanks again Sherbros, it went better than I could have possibly imagined tbh. I took all of your ideas and tried to implement them. Everybody had fun and the unexpected gift had a few emotional reactions actually. No DUI’s, no fist fights and only one person vomited. The drinks flowed more than I had hoped but no issues. Next year, maybe I will limit them a bit incase of potential issues but it went off without any issues.

One of the guys who works for me who I indentured to be an industrial mechanic’s wife was in tears and came up and thanked me profusely and I got a little emotional too. It felt good to make my guys happy so I decided that everybody was getting Turkey too. Today, after work everybody is meeting me at the shop to receive their Christmas turkeys except one guy who wanted a ham.

Unreal time. It was well worth the money. As a hockey player, I know the importance of team building events like this. I’m beyond grateful for how things have been going and how tight my crew is. It’s a great feeling to take the keys, run your own ship and watch it succeed. Middle management is garbage - if you’re trapped in it and have a way out, go for it!

Have a merry Christmas Sherbros. You guys rock. This is like the 4th time I asked for advice for something like this on here and received good stuff. You guys should be billing me for consulting tbh
Was the gift a 1000 dollar Canadian note?

You sound like a great boss broski. Don't ever lose that spirit of paying those people what they're owed. Tight knit small companies that can share in the success are great stories.

You're already way ahead of the curve.

Have fun and merry christmas!

Five drink minimum.
pD3GL8.gif

Ok guys, so you gave a lot of good advice when I asked awhile back what would make a job better. I’ve taken that advice and tried to run with it. I think it was a success.

Since that went well, I’m going to ask you to rate my plan for a Christmas party for my staff and you can add some suggestions etc.

Things are going very good. I’m living my dream every day because of my all star employees and we’ve been killing it. The company is growing to the rate the hardest part of running it is sustaining and managing that growth and making sure it’s manageable.

Anyways, I wanted to give some back for Christmas. I try to keep a close knit, team atmosphere which comes from my hockey career. I want my employees to feel proud to work for me. That’s very important. I invest a lot in little stuff like apparel, get together and stuff. I give free tickets to the local hockey games where I play and host weekly (when I can) drinks at my house or the garage.

For the Christmas party, I have planned so far to have a catering service come in and serve everybody and their spouses / partners dinner. I will have an open bar for everybody. I prepared a speech to thank everybody and I have a good band that will set up and play for entertainment. I’m going to do all of this at our shop. I’m also giving out $1000 bills (we’re canadian and they’ve been out of circulation for 20+ years) to either cash in or collect in a card. I thought it would put a cool spin on the gift and they can be exchanged at the bank for face value anyways.

Is there anything you’d suggest? Any advice? I’m nervous about this. I want to knock it out of the park. It means a lot to me to ensure these people feel appreciated and have a fun night. I’ll change any plans if anybody can convince me and I’ll add / take away stuff too. I just really want to get this right. I had our first annual one last year at my house and i think it was a success but I want to take this to the next level. I want my team to feel proud and grateful to I work for me.
During your speech advise that everyone have sex with someone they haven't yet banged. You go first and pick the most attractive woman at the party.

You sound like a great boss broski. Don't ever lose that spirit of paying those people what they're owed. Tight knit small companies that can share in the success are great stories.

You're already way ahead of the curve.

Have fun and merry christmas!
Appreciate it! It’s pretty normal in many fields of work to treat people like humans and try to appreciate them and show it but in the trades, it’s not always so common. I get the cream of the crop for guys this way so it’s certainly money well spent.

To reward them further, I’ve purchased a company pocket pussy to share for those overnight jobs. Dudes on here laughed at the hockey tickets but I see half my staff in attendance at every home game. Then again, the chance to see your boss getting beat up or injured is probably top tier.

Last edited:
Ok guys, so you gave a lot of good advice when I asked awhile back what would make a job better. I’ve taken that advice and tried to run with it. I think it was a success.

Since that went well, I’m going to ask you to rate my plan for a Christmas party for my staff and you can add some suggestions etc.

Things are going very good. I’m living my dream every day because of my all star employees and we’ve been killing it. The company is growing to the rate the hardest part of running it is sustaining and managing that growth and making sure it’s manageable.

Anyways, I wanted to give some back for Christmas. I try to keep a close knit, team atmosphere which comes from my hockey career. I want my employees to feel proud to work for me. That’s very important. I invest a lot in little stuff like apparel, get together and stuff. I give free tickets to the local hockey games where I play and host weekly (when I can) drinks at my house or the garage.

For the Christmas party, I have planned so far to have a catering service come in and serve everybody and their spouses / partners dinner. I will have an open bar for everybody. I prepared a speech to thank everybody and I have a good band that will set up and play for entertainment. I’m going to do all of this at our shop. I’m also giving out $1000 bills (we’re canadian and they’ve been out of circulation for 20+ years) to either cash in or collect in a card. I thought it would put a cool spin on the gift and they can be exchanged at the bank for face value anyways.

Is there anything you’d suggest? Any advice? I’m nervous about this. I want to knock it out of the park. It means a lot to me to ensure these people feel appreciated and have a fun night. I’ll change any plans if anybody can convince me and I’ll add / take away stuff too. I just really want to get this right. I had our first annual one last year at my house and i think it was a success but I want to take this to the next level. I want my team to feel proud and grateful to I work for me.
TLDR but i am recommending a stripper that hands out extras.

Back