Media Ray Borg Misses Weight Again

I follow him on IG and he seems like a good dude, kind father, so him missing weight again, it's not looking good for his future. I think the main reason he could collect money through GoFundMe for his son was because he is a UFC fighter, the exposure helped him tremendously (Schaub talked about it couple times), otherwise he would have been unknown, and he might not have amassed the money for treating his son's illness. I hope he can bounce back, and I really hope his son is safe from now on. Being jobless wouldn't be the best for supporting his family. Hope he wins by KO and get the 50G
Pretty sure schaub said he was paying all hospital fees. So...

Kinda sad when this is what you'll be remembered for in MMA

Demetrious-Johnson-Ray-Borg-Flying-Armbar-GIF.gif

I honestly can't remember his fights, just this.

DJ bless! One of the best to ever do it..

This was an awesome finish i love drilling this move never thought id see it in MMA

You can't trust a guy who has to rely on a complete stranger paying for his family's medical bills.

Ray is full of excuses. Needs to come through, I'll be playing the dog in th is fight.

You can't trust a guy who has to rely on a complete stranger paying for his family's medical bills.

You better be real fuckin rich or karma is gonna bend you over one day and give it to you like its just you two and the gators.

Ray Borg is one of these fighter I feel bad admitting I don't like.
He must be a nightmare for his opponents. Not so much in the fight itself. It's whether the fight even happens for them or do they waste all that time and training for nothing.

Peace. I'm sick of looking at his acne anyways.
Acne? Addicted to saccharides.
If anyone on this forum has acne, eliminate all saccharides from your diet and watch your acne disappear.
Obviously this won't work if you are training. But for the sedentaries out there, give it a shot.

Borg's daughter has cancer
Cut him some slack

That is terrible. I can't think of anything worse.

However he knows wha
You shouldn't joke about this kind of stuff.

Something bad happening to your child is the most devastating thing that can happen to you in your life. Second to nothing, not even your own death.

You have no idea how he's coping with it, and if you don't have anything nice to say just shut the fuck up. It's better that way.

So keep his kids out of your basement dwelling cheetos eating mouths please.

Best of luck to him, hope they pull through as a family, that's all that needs to be said.

Just move on.

I don't think he was joking. It is an honest assessment of the situation. He has a history of missing weight. If his daughter is too sick for him to be fighting then he shouldn't be signing contracts stating he will show up on a specific date at a specific weight. We all go through hard times, and I wouldn't have blamed him for pulling out of the fight to be with his family.

BUT.... he decided to continue on with the fight, likely because earning money for his family was also important, therefor he should have treated it more seriously.

For contrast Michael Chiseas dad was on his death bed, Michael left his side to go take a fight to get into the TUF house, while doing so he father passed. Borg didn't use his daughter as an excuse and I don't think he would be happy to hear that people think that he would let his daughter down in this way as a good thing.

He missed weight in his bantamweight debut too, and then made it for his second fight. This is his return to flyweight.

I say cut him, or make him fight at featherweight. You can make all the excuses in the world for him, but the bottom line is that half the time he's not making the contacted weight agreement, and it's unfair to his opponents.

That post is annoying, he might miss weight, but don’t call him out for missing weight by 2 lbs if he still has an hour

He also missed weight and at 135 and cried like a baby when Casey Kenney took more money from him

Back