Opinion Realistically speaking how much longer do you expect the US to be the most powerful nation?

economically - 10-20 years
culturally - its already pretty bad when it comes to new stuff. i imagine america will settle as a culture of nostalgia within 10-15 years. it looks to do so already on certain fronts.
militarily - depends on leadership. it has been abysmal the last decades. america does logistics better than fighting. in fighting, records ain't that great. if a bunch of sheep herders with 50 year old rifles can fuck your plans up for decades, you ain't all that.
politically - depends what it has to offer. to europeans, america looks like it's struggling and it's not doing much except downright corruption for local leadership or don't call it corruption, call it "fellowship programs for young local leaders that will return and occupy comfortable position in local governments, thus automatically will be well-disposed to allot local resources to american companies".

personally i hope it gets its shit together and moves away from the current paradigm of self-defeating idiocy.

Honestly, not long. The internal decay is already set and it’s only a matter of time.

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

These notions will be shattered by reality. It's the same tired argument that was said of the Japanese, the Koreans and now the Chinese. When America was rising the British accused the Americans of copying and stealing their innovations.

China has an authoritarian political system but a capitalist economic system. The ruling system encourages innovation. The fact that the US is trying tooth and nail to reign back Chinese tech companies should be instructive.

you ever seen a chinese? they don't hardly grow fat. they steady tryna take over the world through sheer hard work...my question is, can you compete with them on those terms or do you feel you gotta bomb them to take them out of the game because you know the US can't win any other way?
Lol man there are some special people in this thread lmao. Yeah nothing like working hard stealing other peoples hard work.

economically - 10-20 years
culturally - its already pretty bad when it comes to new stuff. i imagine america will settle as a culture of nostalgia within 10-15 years. it looks to do so already on certain fronts.
militarily - depends on leadership. it has been abysmal the last decades. america does logistics better than fighting. in fighting, records ain't that great. if a bunch of sheep herders with 50 year old rifles can fuck your plans up for decades, you ain't all that.
politically - depends what it has to offer. to europeans, america looks like it's struggling and it's not doing much except downright corruption for local leadership or don't call it corruption, call it "fellowship programs for young local leaders that will return and occupy comfortable position in local governments, thus automatically will be well-disposed to allot local resources to american companies".

personally i hope it gets its shit together and moves away from the current paradigm of self-defeating idiocy.

Technology would seem to indicate we are moving away from the traditional soldier on a battlefield scenario. As far as the losses to inferior militaries; this is the game plan. Long drawn out conflict to support the industry of military and give no end to the “game”.
Culturally we exist in a transition period for lack of a better term. The extremely progressive backlash after the last POTUS more conservative leaning administration has left the vast majority of Americans in the middle. Most wondering how we got this far removed from reality in the first place.

That's not always a bad thing. Diversity of thought/opinion is going to come with division, but it also results in innovation. The Chinese government doesn't allow for diverse thought or critical thinking at all if it doesn't fit their narrative, which will negatively impact them in the long run. It happens to all authoritarian regimes.

The correlation between ideological freedom and scientific innovation (or between authoritarianism and scientific stagnation) is far from 1:1. Nazis and Soviets were pretty damn innovative. Many of today’s democratic societies aren’t exactly innovative.

With how our standards, morals, voting trends, and overall outlook on life has been trending? Maybe one or two more generations or so....

Vid had me
<DCWhoa>
-Roman Empire falls-
<DCrying>

With the amount of subversion going on? I don’t think we even stay together 10 years.
Well, clean divorce would be better than the hellish marriage you're living as we speak

These notions will be shattered by reality. It's the same tired argument that was said of the Japanese, the Koreans and now the Chinese. When America was rising the British accused the Americans of copying and stealing their innovations.

China has an authoritarian political system but a capitalist economic system. The ruling system encourages innovation. The fact that the US is trying tooth and nail to reign back Chinese tech companies should be instructive.
While Japan is advanced, the cutting edge stuff still comes out of America. Japanese defense technology relies heavily on Western technology.

The US is not trying to stifle innovation in China, the US to a small degree is trying to deny them access to Western technology that they will use to become stronger.

It looms imminently
Unless we go back to using logic to drive policy

. My guess is that we will remain the most powerful nation throughout the lifetime of everyone living, but the margin will continue to fall unless we can boost immigration numbers.

That isn't even remotely possible. The world historically has been asian centric for most of history and with the region coming online, it takes very little growth to match the U.S and Europe.. I don't even think it shoud be even considered to boost immigration when for the most part it is used for wage suppression and not to meet some unfillable shortage. People should be just focusing on their standard of living and not this idea of being the economic center of anything.

maxresdefault.jpg

While Japan is advanced, the cutting edge stuff still comes out of America. Japanese defense technology relies heavily on Western technology.

The US is not trying to stifle innovation in China, the US to a small degree is trying to deny them access to Western technology that they will use to become stronger.

To a small degree?

The US is literally not supplying Chinese companies with chips and is strongarming its suppliers to stop supplying them. Its trying to kill these companies and stop them being competitive

Short term it may retard their growth but long term I see China overcoming this hurdle.

The funny thing is that this American obsession is now triggering semiconductor nationalism in Europe as well, when they realised that the American position would be weaponised. Not just that but all of the semi conductor shortages that are happening right now that is shutting down factories is an interesting but predictable side effect if this industrial policy.

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.

China is seeing around 9% growth year after year. That means their GDP is doubling about every 8 years. That is massive for a huge country.

China is seeing around 9% growth year after year. That means their GDP is doubling about every 8 years. That is massive for a huge country.

That does not mean they are going to match the West technologically. The UAE is rich but technologically they are far behind any European nation, the US, Japan and Korea.

Throwing money at R&D does not mean a nation is necessarily going to be at the cutting edge of tech. The USSR put all their resources into defense tech and surpassing the West, but they were always behind, except for the early days of space exploration.

To a small degree?

The US is literally not supplying Chinese companies with chips and is strongarming its suppliers to stop supplying them. Its trying to kill these companies and stop them being competitive

Short term it may retard their growth but long term I see China overcoming this hurdle.

The funny thing is that this American obsession is now triggering semiconductor nationalism in Europe as well, when they realised that the American position would be weaponised. Not just that but all of the semi conductor shortages that are happening right now that is shutting down factories is an interesting but predictable side effect if this industrial policy.

The US was fine with giving China advanced technology, for decades. Only more recently they have started to open their eyes to the threat that China is. Back in the Clinton days, Bill Clinton mega funder Bernard Schwartz even gave China technology that would make their ballistic missilves more accurate.

The USSR never matched the West for technology, despite throwing every resource they had at matching and surpassing the West. China, without access to Western and Japanese technology, is not going to match the West anytime soon.

Last edited:
The real question is who will announce the end of US dominance on TV Gorbachev did with Soviet Union?

The main strength of our country is our economy. In many ways half the population wants to see the economy redone. Democrats want to export much of our manufacturing capabilities overseas to China, Mexico, etc. Much of that is being done by making energy and manufacturing very expensive in America due to green ideas.

China has made it well known that they want to be the manufacturing country of the world. The idea that China is going to give that up for green ideas is humorous. China hopes to sell of solar panels and e-cars.

So I don't know, if America can be the top economic country in the world without a significant manufacturing base. It's an experiment that Democrats want to see done to the country. I hope it turns out for the best.

I've often thought much of this race woke ideology being being pushed by Democrat politicians and Universities comes from the exporting of our manufacturing jobs. If kids have fewer job prospects, less reasons to attend Universities, other social ideas are to be pushed.

Back