Realistically, who is able to beat Charlie Olives?

I just thought his style would be Charles' kryptonite.. Great TDD, great striking but BJJ wise.. he should be defensively sound to handle Charles?

Yeah a guy who hasn’t beaten anyone notable at LW and got beaten up by the guy Charles just finished in under 3 rounds is gonna be Oliveras Kryptonite.

some hot take

Max Holloway ain’t beating shit at LW

Islam, Justin, and Fiziev (in the future) could potentially all be really tough fights for Charles
I thought Justin is a good pick too but he gives his back so easily.. but his striking might be a problem for Charles..

Has Fiziev's grappling been tested? Honest question..

realistically, everyone in the top ten. probably top 15. it’s not like he’s steamrolling everyone without losing a round. dudes been KO’d or nearly KO’d in like half his fights recently. you could argue it makes his wins even more impressive, but he’s not invincible.

Chandler even has a decent shot vs him if they fight again. He has looked beatable each time he fought. I dont want to take away from the man, a win is a win but he is not one of those "can anyone stop him!!" type of guys. He might randomly lose one fight, then win it all back in a rematch. All the top 5 guys can beat him on a good day, he can also beat them on that very same night.

No need to be rude about it. And it’s not that far off to imagine. Styles make fights.

No, It’s really that far off. Holloway hasn’t beaten one notable opponent at LW but he’s gonna come in and dust off the champion who just had 2 incredible finishes over elite fighters. One of those guys Max lost to

not happening

Back