Economy Reducing dependency on foreign oil is a bipartisan goal

Yes, it is absolutely a caricature... who the hell thinks that we'd just somehow use these limited natural resources forever? Who is this strawman conservative that people keep quoting? Are you just quoting some random asshole on the internet?

Even the massive oil companies are investing in developing renewables. The argument over the previous decades was never "we never have to move to renewables" it was, the technology isn't there yet and we still have plenty of time... which both turned out to be correct.

These responses have made my day. I remember arguing with conservatives about this topic on this forum years ago. I'll try to dig up some posts if I can find them. But I'm just glad we are on the same page.

These responses have made my day. I remember arguing with conservatives about this topic on this forum years ago. I'll try to dig up some posts if I can find them. But I'm just glad we are on the same page.

Yes but then directly from my post above: "Are you just quoting some random asshole on the internet?"

u can't just set a hard deadline n be like "okay scientists.. u have a deadline of 2030 to invent piss powered planes.. pick up the pace!!'

when have predictions of when tech will arrive ever worked?.. they thought we'd have hoverboards n flying cars powered by marty mcfly's banana peels n empty beer cans by 2015. Look at what they thought 2001 was gonnna look like in a space odyssey.

get yur fuckin heads outta the green dream clouds and accept that fossile fuels will be necessary for a very long time

lithium-mines.jpg

I believe and practice to a certain degree an all of the above strategy. My family has solar panels. We're likely to buy solar batteries. Id like to see more nuclear energy created. We can produce more oil and natural gas in America and should do so, etc.

Most Democrats don't agree with this though, They want to see America's fossil fuel industry destroyed. They hate nuclear power.

From the first day that Biden came to power, he began canceling oil pipelines, leaves for oil and gas drilling. etc.

Along these lines read this article this morning ~

Joe Biden's agenda: The cruelest act against humanity in the modern age

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...t_act_against_humanity_in_the_modern_age.html

excerpt:

....Second: On the week of January 20, 2021, at the behest of Barack Obama, who called the shots, Susan Rice, whom Barry injected into the Oval Office as the proxy president, placed about 50 leather-lined folders with executive orders and executive actions on Joe Biden's desk. After Joe affixed his signature, all energy exploration and extraction on public lands in the United States and offshore were promptly canceled, throwing hundreds of thousands of men with families to feed out of work.

These projects included, but were not limited to, ANWR, Keystone, Dakota, the flatlands in the middle of the nation, and offshore exploration and extraction.

These projects included, but were not limited to, ANWR, Keystone, Dakota, the flatlands in the middle of the nation, and offshore exploration and extraction.

Joe Biden was determined to save Barack Obama's legacy, which was far more important than America's security, welfare, and prosperity. The priority was to satisfy the radical Squad and other Democrats. Meanwhile, America was left begging Russia and the Arab nations (with the gleaming cities we paid for) for energy. Joe Biden's Obama-written E.O.s literally created the opportunity for Russia's aggression and attack against Ukraine, using money from our purchases of Russian oil — and NATO's necessary and predictable response, potentially precipitating a world war and a global extinction event.

The chain of events that caused the Ukrainian war, inflation, high energy prices, transportation and supply chain issues, shortages, and high costs for fertilizer across the world will result in unthinkable starvation and suffering.

One can conclude that the Democrats' thinking and policies will become the cruelest and most arrogant crimes perpetrated against humanity in the modern age.

Reducing dependency on foreign oil isn't in the interest of foreign lobbyists, though.

Climate change and green tech has become a bipartisan goal at this point. I'd love for somebody to point out a right-winger on here who doesn't have the centrist position described.

Not even oil barons have the right-wing take, because they're the ones transitioning to a green future. They are the ones with billions at stake, after all.

I guess where the right may differ is to what extent do we keep on drilling for oil, do we continue for allowing to drill for oil on federal lands, and all that. I mean seriously, find me a right-winger on here (on this forum dominated by right-wingers) and find me a few that oppose green energy. It has basically become a truism at this point: Yes, the future is green, we must transition, but we must not ruin the lives of normal people or go without power to achieve that.
I consider myself a conservative. I like the centrist approach. Moving towards green energy/alternative energy while still using fossil fuels. Fracking is not a good long-term solution since the economics are horrible. I also don't like the enivironmental impact of fracking but not to the point of Greta and her followers.

u can't just set a hard deadline n be like "okay scientists.. u have a deadline of 2030 to invent piss powered planes.. pick up the pace!!'

when have predictions of when tech will arrive ever worked?.. they thought we'd have hoverboards n flying cars powered by marty mcfly's banana peels n empty beer cans by 2015. Look at what they thought 2001 was gonnna look like in a space odyssey.

get yur fuckin heads outta the green dream clouds and accept that fossile fuels will be necessary for a very long time

lithium-mines.jpg
Bwahahaha!
Tar sand Reality:
Photo-of-oil-sands-mine-by-Andrew-S.-Wright.jpg

F72AGLB5WBCFDKFPMQTUVRIW5I.jpg

increase oil production short term while working on alternatives long term while building modular nuclear plants

I am glad to hear this. This is basically the position I have always held. When I have time I'll find some posts of the positions right wingers used to hold.

Edit: PHATV is suggesting we should wait for the "free market" to make green energy a reality. There's one example.
But his explanation includes the claim that battery powered vehicles will become mainstream. The US should definitely ramp up fossil fuel production short term. All the other stuff will come, especially as the technology improves.

We're only dependent on foreign oil now because of one party.

lithium-mines.jpg

The top pictures isn't a lithium mine, it's the Escondida copper mine.

This is also an oil sands site in Alberta.
tarsands.jpeg

Back