Rumored Reebock deal ends in 60 days, your favorite Rebock moment?

why is this tagged "Rumored"? The Reebok deal is ending for sure right, and Venum taking over?

All the way till March? Damn i thought they'd roll venum gear out this month. Jeez. Such bullshit. Fuck reebok and the ufc for repeatedly doing this shit.

Last edited:
They look so goddamn cheap ugh. You'd struggle to find worse graphic designers on Fiverr.

Mine is when they changed their name from "Reebok" to "Reebock". Jk, the whole Reebok Reign was an absolute train-wreck and a joy to watch. It honestly amazed me that a company as large as Reebok was capable of f*cking things up as much as they did. It was like watching a reallllly long hilarious comedy, except it was somehow real life.

UFC and Reebok just have limited knowledge of sports & entertainment

You don't want your athletes to all look the same, you want individuals to stand out. Much easier to market.

The NFL and NBA realize this. Can't comment on MLB, I don't know. NHL has a problem because most guys are pretty vanilla.

One of the worst was firing this guy bc of some comments:

stitch.jpg

Love his shirt. The puzzle piece makes total sense.

Reebok gave us some good laughs and all but they really screwed the fighters. Fighters used to have sponsors on their shorts, sponsors on those banners behind them during the intros, etc. Now it's just Reebok, and fighters got paid shit for it. A lot of fighters used to make more from sponsors than from the UFC. Those days are gone.

Anyone know what the fighters get paid on the new deal?
Yeah, I totally miss those Dude Wipe ads...

The world before Reebok was so much more pleasant. The individual sponsors added a lot more personality to this sport.
The shirts were so much better too.

Its 2021 and I still will rock my RVCA Fedor tee on occasion and that shirt is still fire
the try-hard look at me I still wear a Fedor shirt guy. there's always one.

I do think to an extent the endgame (from Dana's perspective) was the rub from having a professional look and unified outfits so they can claim that they're a sport like NBA or NFL of whatever. As some have suggested - it was table stakes for getting buy-in for ESPN so you don't have guys walking in with Affliction tees and questionable sponsors.

But.... I still think that in the LONG RUN they're going to settle on the WWE direction. At it's heart UFC is more like WWE than it is other sports, and deep down Dana knows this.

Eventually we're going to get:
- Guys who have their own customized merch that they get incentive to sell
- Live interview segments where guys can cut promos on each other in person while wearing their merch
- Fight entrances where they show up in their merch (where they highlight that you can "Buy it now at the ufcshop, only on Fight Pass!"
- Fight entrances where they use music that WME/UFC owns the copyright to - so that they don't have to blur them out in a million other places afterwards, and can (of course) sell on the UFC site.

This last one is the best one - because it's going to cause Sherdoggers to lose their minds but will be so glorious. Because it's going to be so WWE, where instead of Nate Diaz coming out to Tupac it's going to be Diaz coming out to some UFC-authorized recording of a bunch of trumpets and a chorus of women singing "Nate Diaz.....he's the 209 OG......I'm not surprised .....BMF....209....OG ...Real G......"

Yeah, I totally miss those Dude Wipe ads...
I don't care if every fighter has "Condom Depot" posted on their ass. I'd like to see them get paid. Reebok uniforms not only look worse but don't pay one fifth as well as sponsors did.

It's not about being aesthetic to you. It's about the fighters getting paid. And if you can't get on board with that, fuck you.

The Schaub/Dana thing where Rogan had to show Schaub's sponsorship papers as Dana didn't know how much fighters on that level could earn. So many things together there.

I don't care if every fighter has "Condom Depot" posted on their ass. I'd like to see them get paid. Reebok uniforms not only look worse but don't pay one fifth as well as sponsors did.

It's not about being aesthetic to you. It's about the fighters getting paid. And if you can't get on board with that, fuck you.
Well fuck you too, kind sir.

Back