Reebok payout tiers is pretty pathetic lol (yeah yeah we know this)

So basically if UFC is your pimp and he ain’t treatin you right and you go back to your old pimp and he treats you worst, you’re a hoe that should’ve appreciated your pimp all along while he continues to abuse you, just not as bad as the other one. Got it —

Damn.. the shots thrown on Sherdog are way harder than those thrown on UFC prelims

Fighters with
1-3 bouts receive $3,500 per appearance
4-5 bouts get $4,000;
6-10 bouts get $5,000;
11-15 bouts earn $10,000;
16-20 bouts pocket $15,000;
and 21 bouts and more get $20,000.

How many fighters do you know even reach 21 fights in the UFC? It would take anywhere from 8-10 years to get that many fights if you’re lucky to not get injured or cut. Most MMA fighters careers don’t even last 10 years.

And what’s even stupider is that the Reebok deal is only set for 6 years since its inception.

On top of all this, them shits are ugly AF.

reebok-ufc-fight-kit-jerseys.jpg
most mma careers do last at least 10 years...

I'm still boycotting Reebok. I've had to pass up several shoes that looked pretty good, not buying Reebok while they still have this shit deal for the fighters

lol at you making this some philosophical question. let me guess, you're going to tell me it's impossible to objectively determine what a decent living constitutes of, therefore fighter pay cannot and should not be improved. right?

how about being able to afford a place to live, taking care of your family, being able to retire when your career is over? for an elite athlete competing in the premiere league of their sport, we don't really have to look that far. what's the minimum yearly wage in NBA, NHL, NFL? you can take the average, i'm fine with it.

anything else, chief?

Tell the fighters not to sign the contract. UFC is a private company. You are bitching and moaning for people to run their business how you want them to run it. Do you know the UFC is debt? Do you know the UFC has the highest fighter pay out of every MMA promotion? The UFC has produced the most millionaire MMA fighters?

Just chill out or make a better product.

That's a joke now , but soon the Giblert and Anderson Aldo shirts will be rarities in some collections
This isn’t the trading card market where certain error cards are high value... this was a joke when it started, it’s a joke now and it’ll be a joke in the future where ufc fighters will be looking like mutant cyborgs and morlok sewage dwellers

Tell the fighters not to sign the contract. UFC is a private company. You are bitching and moaning for people to run their business how you want them to run it. Do you know the UFC is debt? Do you know the UFC has the highest fighter pay out of every MMA promotion? The UFC has produced the most millionaire MMA fighters?

Just chill out or make a better product.
you keep repeating that, yet can't explain what happened to the people who signed their contracts before the 50k fee or before reebok. did the UFC nullify those contracts? were they free agents, in a position to renegotiate? no? then your logic is fucking idiotic.

the ratio of UFC's revenue and profit margins to fighter pay, compared to other MMA organisations is laughable. they are quite literally making hundreds of millions of dollars per year, while paying out a measely 17% of generated revenue. for comparison, NBA, NFL, NHL all pay somewhere around 50% to their athletes. are those leagues not privately owned? are they collapsing under the burden of athlete salaries? no? then you and other corporate shills are full of fucking shit.

also, the UFC is debt? do you mean they're in dept? really? in dept to who, exactly? because last available information suggests they have an annual revenue of 750 million dollars, and nowhere near the costs.

or do you mean the UFC's owners are in debt? how the fuck does that matter, WME is in several other businesses, and just bought the UFC for 4 billion. so what's your point?

you keep repeating that, yet can't explain what happened to the people who signed their contracts before the 50k fee or before reebok. did the UFC nullify those contracts? were they free agents, in a position to renegotiate? no? then your logic is fucking idiotic.

the ratio of UFC's revenue and profit margins to fighter pay, compared to other MMA organisations is laughable. they are quite literally making hundreds of millions of dollars per year, while paying out a measely 17% of generated revenue. for comparison, NBA, NFL, NHL all pay somewhere around 50% to their athletes. are those leagues not privately owned? are they collapsing under the burden of athlete salaries? no? then you and other corporate shills are full of fucking shit.

also, the UFC is debt? do you mean they're in dept? really? in dept to who, exactly? because last available information suggests they have an annual revenue of 750 million dollars, and nowhere near the costs.

or do you mean the UFC's owners are in debt? how the fuck does that matter, WME is in several other businesses, and just bought the UFC for 4 billion. so what's your point?
NFL, NBA, NHL all are tax-payer subsidized non-profit associations, not a for profit private business. It is nowhere near the same thing. Every other MMA organization is losing money so they amount of revenue they pay out is pointless as they are NOT profitable. Bellator was losing money until the DAZN deal, One is negative revenue, PFL is shaky. The only profitable major MMA organization in history is the UFC. Period. Talking about failed orgs as a measuring stick is laughable as they all failed.

$3500 is more then I’ve ever made from sponsors for a fight so I’d be pretty stoked lol Also the ufc is paying new, unknown fighters 12k/12k now with $3500 from Reebok. That’s almost $28k if you win when you were probably making $1k/$1k before that.

This post may sound kind of shill like, and I’m all for fighters being paid more, but compared to where you come from before the ufc, it’s actually a nice deal for unknown guys that just got signed.

Exactly. Gets some guys their first pre-owned swiss watch lol. Half the guys here conplaining the reebok deal is screwing fighters over probably wear bottom of the range G-Shock with chew marks on the strap.

NFL, NBA, NHL all are tax-payer subsidized non-profit associations, not a for profit private business. It is nowhere near the same thing. Every other MMA organization is losing money so they amount of revenue they pay out is pointless as they are NOT profitable. Bellator was losing money until the DAZN deal, One is negative revenue, PFL is shaky. The only profitable major MMA organization in history is the UFC. Period. Talking about failed orgs as a measuring stick is laughable as they all failed.
sorry, my bad. i wrote without thinking when i called them private entities.

that doesn't really change my point, though. all of those leagues pay out a large percentage of their revenue to their athletes, and the UFC doesn't. we're talking about less than 20% of the revenue going to the fighters. are you telling me that's the only sustainable business model? are you kidding? we have dozens of cards where the reported gate covers the guaranteed purse for the entire line-up, and yet people think fighter pay is fine.

sorry, my bad. i wrote without thinking when i called them private entities.

that doesn't really change my point, though. all of those leagues pay out a large percentage of their revenue to their athletes, and the UFC doesn't. we're talking about less than 20% of the revenue going to the fighters. are you telling me that's the only sustainable business model? are you kidding? we have dozens of cards where the reported gate covers the guaranteed purse for the entire line-up, and yet people think fighter pay is fine.
They are all tax-payer subsided non-taxable associations. Their cost of doing business is basically nonexistent and they are guaranteed profit by their contracts. The UFC could pay a bit more to the fighters but 50% is unrealistic and unsustainable with their markets. Every major business in the world pays 10-20% of revenue to its employees. This is the way business works in the profit world.

Idc what the fighters did when the UFC banned sponsors. They can renegotiate their contract or ask to be let go from their contract. I literally don't care, like literally, no care.

I can already see someone schooled you on the different sports leagues you mentioned. The NBA makes way more than the UFC. Off the top of my head, Lebron, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, all make around 40 million. There are NBA players making less than 1 million. That's a 40 million difference from the top and bottom. Do you have a problem with that as well? Lmfao.

The UFC's finances aren't public so you don't know where their expenses go but don't let not knowing the facts, stop you from having such a strong opinion on the topic.

Nobody is forcing grown adults to sign UFC contracts. Nobody is even forcing them to be MMA fighters.

Lot of cards, lot of fighters. If the cards were only 4 fights, like boxing, they would get more.

Still funny.

what is bellator's and one's market share? what are their revenues compared to the UFC?

the mere existence of a competing company does not mean a lack of monopoly. i'd wager one and bellator muster 10% of UFCs revenue together, and i might be generous with that.

and there hasn't been a single name fighter the UFC actually got outbid on. they lowballed their fighters - often for idiotic personal grievances - and bellator picked them up.

The fact that there are other places fighters can work & in some cases make more money means there is no monopoly
because UFC is run better fiscally, that isn't a reason to penalize them

UFC is NOT a monopoly

mo·nop·o·ly
/məˈnäpəlē/
noun
noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly
the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

The UFC's finances aren't public so you don't know where their expenses go but don't let not knowing the facts, stop you from having such a strong opinion on the topic.

We do know they paid 13% of rev in 2015 & in 2016 17%
We know they make about 35-40% profit/revenue

So they certainly can pay more.

50% is not realistic for the type of company UFC (different than other sports), but they could do 25% & be very profitable

Idc what the fighters did when the UFC banned sponsors. They can renegotiate their contract or ask to be let go from their contract. I literally don't care, like literally, no care.
oh, so is that how contracts work? if you sign a contract and later decide that it's a shit deal, you can just renegotiate? that's awesome, even if it makes the contract almost completely useless. you know, with the UFC being in a position to tell you to fuck off. they don't renegotiate with you, and they don't let you go. you can either fight for peanuts for them, or not fight at all.

it's funny how you whine that they shouldn't have signed then, but when shown the idiocy of that argument, you double down with "i don't care". of course you don't, you're a fucking dolt.

I can already see someone schooled you on the different sports leagues you mentioned. The NBA makes way more than the UFC. Off the top of my head, Lebron, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, all make around 40 million. There are NBA players making less than 1 million. That's a 40 million difference from the top and bottom. Do you have a problem with that as well? Lmfao.
yeah, calling them private was my fuckup, my bad. it doesn't change my point much, though. and i don't have a problem with lebron making 40 million, much like i don't have a problem with conor making 20. i'm glad when fighters get paid, that's my entire point. what i do have a problem with is that people fight 3 times a year for the premiere organisation which brings in 750 million dollars of revenue, and get paid 10k to show and 3k from reebok. they do 3 camps and 3 fights, and walk away with ~50 thousand dollars. it's ridiculous.

yeah... that's not true. they aren't public, but they do leak out eventually, and we actually do know for a fact that their expenses are nowhere near their revenue. they are in fact making a profit.

have a look here, friend. google will return many other results.

Nobody is forcing grown adults to sign UFC contracts. Nobody is even forcing them to be MMA fighters.
this is the dumbest position to hold as a fan of the sport. do you want the guys who make it to the UFC to struggle? to barely cover the cost of training, or actually lose money fighting? do you want fewer people in the talent pool, and have shittier fighters?

there is absolutely no reason for a person who enjoys the sport and isn't associated with the company to side with corporate when it comes to fighter pay. it's absurd.

The fact that there are other places fighters can work & in some cases make more money means there is no monopoly
because UFC is run better fiscally, that isn't a reason to penalize them

UFC is NOT a monopoly

mo·nop·o·ly
/məˈnäpəlē/
noun
noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly
the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.
there are degrees of monopoly. there is what, a handful of them by the definition you posted, globally? it's a silly position.

ONE has almost no western fighters and bellator is struggling to keep afloat. the UFC isn't just run better fiscally, they have a dominant market share and a stranglehold on the talent pool. you people are making it sound like the only reason competing promotions aren't taking over is because their management isn't as skilled as that of the UFC's - completely ignoring the existing position and capital they hold.

Dan Hooker, "Well I got my body beat to shit, ribs and arms fucked up, knee fucked up, CTE, face dented in. But yeah I got my reebok bonus. Dana even gave me one of those 50% off (online only, 1 time only) cards."

Reebok 50% off coupon >>> all sponsors prior to the Reebok deal

(sarcasm, for those who thought I was serious)

I like how you ignore the comment from an actual fighter regarding sponsorship pay because it doesn’t fit the narrative. Fact is for most UFC fighters the Reebok deal makes more guaranteed, no hassle sponsor money that before. Plus it doesn’t stop from retaining sponsors for the rest of the year.

Your reply wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to point out to those who are read that you are a UFC shill. How much are the UFC / WME paid you to post this crap?

The Reebok deal ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars from fighters, which is why many of the UFC stars left for Bellator as soon as the have fulfilled their contract.

there are degrees of monopoly. there is what, a handful of them by the definition you posted, globally? it's a silly position.

ONE has almost no western fighters and bellator is struggling to keep afloat. the UFC isn't just run better fiscally, they have a dominant market share and a stranglehold on the talent pool. you people are making it sound like the only reason competing promotions aren't taking over is because their management isn't as skilled as that of the UFC's - completely ignoring the existing position and capital they hold.

As much as you want to insist there is a monopoly, there isn't
Fighters can make the same or more elsewhere
Bellator & ONE just got US distribution deals
Both companies are expanding internationally

As far as ignoring UFC's position & capital, you are again incorrect.
UFC's management is not stumping anybody's growth/expansion in MMA

UFC is by far the market leader, that only equates to a monopoly when someone wants excuses as to why UFC is doing well in a downturn of interest for them.
The company has less interest & more value ... that is due to management.
While losing interest, others gain ... how the hell that is a monopoly amazes me

;)

Also there are not degrees to a MONOpoloy

The hint is in the word MONOpoly

Back